Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes (50548 Views)

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Re: Did You Know And Great Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2009
We cannot discover new oceans unless we have the courage to
lose sight of the shore.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Remii(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2009
Did you know:

A statue in a park with a soldier on a horse with it’s 2 feet in the air means the soldier died in combat.

If the horse has only 1 foot in the air, the soldier died of injuries from combat.

If the horse has all 4 feet on the ground, the soldier died of natural causes.

Quote:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results -  Albert Einstein

1 Like

Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don’t have any problems, you don’t get any seeds.

~Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.

~First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by MrCrackles(m): 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2009
Awe, ki lo de?

@post

~Do not save your loving speeches For your friends till they are dead; Do not write them on their tombstones, Speak them rather now instead.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by MrCrackles(m): 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2009
You can not succeed in life unless you live your life like Mr Crackle's! grin
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Remii(m): 5:27am On Apr 04, 2009
When one door closes another opens. But often we look so long so regretfully upon the closed door that we fail to see the one that has opened for us. -- Helen Keller
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Sissy3(f): 5:34am On Apr 04, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

~Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don’t have any problems, you don’t get any seeds.

~Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.

~First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

this made me laugh grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 5:45am On Apr 04, 2009
Remii:

Did you know:

A statue in a park with a soldier on a horse with it’s 2 feet in the air means the soldier died in combat.

If the horse has only 1 foot in the air, the soldier died of injuries from combat.

If the horse has all 4 feet on the ground, the soldier died of natural causes.

Re the above.

Awesome! Do continue to share these. Very educating cool
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 5:49am On Apr 04, 2009
You can be childlike without being childish.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 5:52am On Apr 04, 2009
Good, honest, hardheaded character is a function of the home. If the proper seed is sown there and properly nourished for a few years, it will not be easy for that plant to be uprooted.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 7:45am On Apr 04, 2009
Without goals and plans to reach them, you are like a ship
that has set sail with no destination.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Remii(m): 6:19pm On Apr 04, 2009
Did you know:

In ancient England, people could not have sex without consent from the King. When people wanted to have a child, they had to solicit a permission to the monarchy, in turn they would supply a plaque to hang on their door when they had sexual relations. The plaque read … "Fornication Under Consent of the King" (Zap.). This is the origin of the word.

Quote:

Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it ----------
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2009
Getting things accomplished isn't nearly as important as taking
time for love.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 05, 2009
~ Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant, they is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks.

~ Experience is the child of thought, and thought is the child of action.

~ "Because everything we say and do is
the length and shadow of our own souls,
our influence is determined by the quality of our being

~ Life is not measured by
the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments
that take our breath away.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2009
One person with a belief is equal to 99 who have only interests.
- John Stuart Mill
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2009
Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them

The better a man is, the more mistakes he will make, for the more new things he will try. I would never promote to a top-level job a man who was not making mistakes, otherwise he is sure to be mediocre
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2009
Did you know. . .

. . . that today is Knock Your Socks Off Day? In a 1953
"Peanuts" comic strip, Charlie Brown first gets his clothes
knocked off by a line drive during a baseball game. And that
was just the start, Charlie Brown! ;-)

1994: Rwanda presidents' plane 'shot down'
The presidents of the African states of Rwanda and Burundi are killed in a plane crash believed to have been caused by rocket fire.

1968: United States erupts in race violence
Dozens of major cities in the United States are rocked by an escalation in the race riots following the assassination of Martin Luther King.

1995, 6 April
Genocide trials begin in Rwanda.

1996, 6 April
Joshua Nkomo, the Zimbabwean vice president whose son has recently died of HIV/AIDS, claims the disease is a "white conspiracy to exterminate blacks."

1959, 6 April
Robert Sobukwe and several others break with the African National Congress, ANC, to form the Pan Africanist Congress, PAC, claiming that the Congress Alliance is re-affirming "white-imposed racial divisions."

~~~

Today's Inspirational Quote:

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."

-- Charlie Brown
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Remii(m): 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2009
Did You Know:

When the English settlers landed in Australia, they noticed a strange animal that jumped extremely high and far. They asked the aboriginal people using body language and signs trying to ask them about this animal. They responded with  ’’Kan Ghu Ru’’ the english then adopted the word kangaroo. What the aboriginal people were really trying to say was
‘’we don’t understand you’’, ‘’ Kan Ghu Ru’’.

Quote:

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction - Bob Marley.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2009
Success is getting things done efficiently - getting the results you want and
being at peace with yourself and others at the same time. Using your time well
and getting things done with a clear plan is crucial to a sense of well being as
well as being successful in your life and work. Enthusiasm for your work and
discipline to do it is inseparable for great success in your life.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2009
What does not kill me, only makes [i]me [/i]stronger
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Remii(m): 6:04pm On Apr 07, 2009
DID YOU KNOW:

Each King on playing cards represent a King in real history:
Spades: King David. Clubs: Alexander The Great. Hearts: Charlemagne. Diamonds: Julius Cesar

Quote:

It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
Bill Gates
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2009
~ I stand before all frightened, but the point is, I still stand tall.

(One of my own) cheesy
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by yme1(f): 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2009
if you want to change the world we need to change ourselves first
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2009
We are continually faced by great opportunities brilliantly disguised
as insoluble problems.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2009
Did you know. . .

. . . . that today is National Stress Awareness Day? Stress is one
of the major causes of illnesses. On the day after income
taxes are due, we need a reminder to take a break from the
stress. So breathe deep and relax!

~~~

"Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose
a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can.
But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything."

-- Mary Hemingway
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by IFELEKE(m): 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2009
I Don't Pray For Perfection In What I Do,What I Pray For Is The Ability To See My Errors And Shortcomings, Learn From Them And Correct Them Before They Turn To Imperfection, IFEDAYO DADA
=============
"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or
catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova
=============

"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."

David Carradine
=====================
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

Howard Thurman
=================
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2009
Did you know . . .

. . . . that today is Blah, Blah, Blah Day? Entertain yourself and
others today by talking, talking, talking! ;-)

~~~

"There is only one success -- to be able to live your life in
your own way."

-- Christopher Morley

~~~
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 7:07am On Apr 18, 2009
If you really want something, you can figure out how to make it
happen
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by TOYOSI20(f): 2:24am On Apr 20, 2009

The mind that is anxious about future events is miserable.

It is the trouble that never comes that causes the loss of sleep.

Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
kiss kiss
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 2:44am On Apr 21, 2009
Did you know . . . .

. . . . . that the telephone was not widely appreciated for the first 15 years because people did not see a use for it. In fact, in the British parliament it was mentioned there was no need for telephones because "we have enough messengers here." Western Union believed that it could never replace the telegraph. In 1876, an internal memo read: "This telephone has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication." Even Mark Twain, upon being invited by Alexander Graham Bell to invest $5 000 in the new invention, could not see a future in the telephone

“It is not the experience of today that drives us mad; it is remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring”.

“Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.”
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by wanville(m): 2:54am On Apr 21, 2009
Happiness is a decision grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Luvvie Ajayi Burns Her Shoes Made By Ivanka Trump (Photos) / Love-life On Campus / Every Single Mistake By Angelinassto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.