Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? (2642 Views)

Just Got A Job Through Nairaland / First And Second Job Through Nairaland, Resume Today / Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? by makazona(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2015
There is an arguement here now

when applying for a job which the recruiter has supplied an email route,should you:
1.Just fill in the recruiter's email, subject and attach the CV as requested or
2. Do the above and also write some things in the body of the mail.

Pls help us clarify.
Re: How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? by ejiro2130(m): 11:12am On Mar 13, 2015
Op I don't know anybody who got employed from filling recruitment forms so I can't reply you on that
But I can give u a sample on what worked for me

Sir,

I recently viewed a listing from your company for the position of Health and Safety officer on www.

Attached is my resume for your consideration. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

"your full name".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? by davide470(m): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2015
Gherrokid, ejiro2130..
Re: How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? by Nature129(m): 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
ejiro2130:
Op I don't know anybody who got employed from filling recruitment forms so I can't reply you on that
But I can give u a sample on what worked for me

Sir,

I recently viewed a listing from your company for the position of Health and Safety officer on www.

Attached is my resume for your consideration. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

"your full name".

Alternatively, you can write a tailor-made cover letter, and CV and save them as attachment in your email. Your email will read:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Find attached: Copies of my CV and cover letter. Thank you."

That works too.

1 Like

Re: How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? by makazona(m): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
wow.so sending an empty email body(apart from attachment) is wrong then.
Re: How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nature129:

Alternatively, you can write a tailor-made cover letter, and CV and save them as attachment in your email. Your email will read:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Find attached: Copies of my CV and cover letter. Thank you."

That works too.
One hr blasted me for doing this.
He said it was rude.

Create time to stand out in all your job applications
I know its not easy...the thing they tire me too
But whatever is wort doing .........
Re: How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? by sabichele: 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
There is nothing wrong with merely attaching your CV with nothing on the body if that is what is required, but meanwhile, it is expedient to attache a cover letter and more so have a motivational note on the body of the mail; that would push the hr into wanting to read your cover letter and your CV. Show some seriousness and commitment to wanting the job. If you do what other persons do, even if you have the best of CV or attached cover letter, you would still be treated like other. make your application a bit more special.

1 Like

Re: How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? by Nature129(m): 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
chidyhels:

He said it was rude.

Blasted you? Hmmm. Remember I said "tailor-made." It actually means editing your cover letter, and probably your Cv, to "suite the job you are applying for" while you just write a short message in the email.

I do this because I use my BB phone to apply for jobs online. If I copy the content of my cover letter to my phone, it can change its organisation.
Re: How Should One Apply For A Job Through An Email? by makazona(m): 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
chidyhels:

He said it was rude.

Chi Chi,are u say he is wrong? how do u make the application stand out

(1) (Reply)

Aso Mortgage Bank Vs Fcmb / Cert Edge Interview / Ongoing Recruitment At Dangote Group, 28th September, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.