Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Ban Of Okada, Sachet Water, Hawkers And Maybe Reduction Of Churches In Rivers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ban Of Okada, Sachet Water, Hawkers And Maybe Reduction Of Churches In Rivers (720 Views)

Man Without Fingers Rides Okada In Ibadan (Photo) / One Dies As Danfo Bus & Okada Rider Collide At Tincan Apapa (Graphic Photos) / Fg's Reduction Of British Airways Flights To Nigeria Generates Ripples (2) (3) (4)

Ban Of Okada, Sachet Water, Hawkers And Maybe Reduction Of Churches In Rivers by afterseun(m): 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2009
Guys what do u think of the reign of the this Governor called Rotimi Ameachi who has made things so difficult for the masses, First he started by demolishing houses which displaced a lot of people, Secondly the Ban of the commercial Okada drivers, Then the Ban of Sachet water popular called as PURE WATER, and the Reduction of Pentecostal Churches to 7 in the States, then I heard him talked about banning Hawkers and presently he is demolishing all small cost shelter houses known as BACHA. This has really affected the masses living in Rivers States, Business folding up, High cost of essential items like Food, cloths especially Transportation. Please nairalanders i need your opinion in this case.
thanks
Re: Ban Of Okada, Sachet Water, Hawkers And Maybe Reduction Of Churches In Rivers by AKO1(m): 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2009
y water alone? he might as well ban everything 'sachet'. i laud his motives bt he needs 2 xercise wisdom.
Re: Ban Of Okada, Sachet Water, Hawkers And Maybe Reduction Of Churches In Rivers by shotster50(m): 10:29pm On Jan 15, 2009
Things will definitely go back to normal after a while. This na initial gra gra,
Re: Ban Of Okada, Sachet Water, Hawkers And Maybe Reduction Of Churches In Rivers by felifeli: 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2009
Great move Amechi !
People who should go to farm or learn a useful trade (sewing, carpentry , bricklaying etc) that are useful to their community are selling pure poor water and guguru all over the streets.  i don't know much about PH , as i haven't been there in 10 years but it is especially irksome in Lagos. You see a grown man selling a few sachets of water or a tray of groundnuts  in traffic and you wonder how many he can sell to actually make a living and pay his bills in expensive Lagos  and your calculations don't work out. When will he not then turn to crime in order to meet the shortfall in his money requirement ? the ones that don't [directly] turn to crime start a church and make life hell for their neighbours while screaming  heaven though loudspeakers. I really hail people like Fash and Rotimi (my namesake) .
Next thing let them build  labour intensive factories , farms and massive road maintenance projects and send all the layabouts to work for a living. Where will they find the money ? Look for the fat cats who are not paying tax and make them cough out. Grab all those people building crazy houses in Island / VI /Lekki  and cruising carelessly around in N12m SUVs and hit them with massive tax grin grin
Re: Ban Of Okada, Sachet Water, Hawkers And Maybe Reduction Of Churches In Rivers by chyk91(m): 12:59am On Jan 16, 2009
let him make provision 4 employment 4 them sha, cos if he does not it will only increase robbey and kidnapping in ph.

Austria / Price Of Tickets / E-passport Within Two Days