Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan (1330 Views)

6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani / ‘don’t Do This’ – PDP Chieftain Begs Buhari Ahead Of Inauguration / 24 States And FCT, Results Firmly Place Buhari Ahead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by ludamix(m): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
Here is a lists a number of reasons why the APC’s presidential candidate Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.) has gained popularity and trust among Nigerians.
As the March 28th presidential election draws closer, political analysts and admirers of the ruling party are amazed and wondering about the increasing popularity and general acceptance of the APC presidential candidate General Muhamodu Buhari. Despite the hate speeches, defamatory advertisements, negative documentaries that have appeared via media houses, newpapers and social networks, the General’s popularity ratings are growing.
The PDP has accused some of its chieftains and top leaders of not doing enough to “sell” President Goodluck Jonathan to the masses. The last-minute moves, which apparently include doling out money to individuals, groups and associations just to buy support for Jonathan’s re-election bid, seem not to be yielding the required results. Moreover, the aforementioned technique is doing more harm than good in most of the states.
In Delta state, for instance, chieftains and aides of the governor have allegedly made away with huge sums of money meant to buy votes to lobby Jonathan’s re-election. Such stories has furthered chaos and division within the PDP camp, which led to more supporters of the PDP decamping and pledging their allegiance to the APC.
I don’t think a president would feel the need to share money to buy votes had he really lived up to the expectations.
Many wonder why General Buhari’s popularity is soaring even though it’s his fourth attempt to win the presidential seat. Some have adduced this to the fact that the APC is a “mega party”, comprising the former ACN, CPC, ANPP and a faction of the APGA. Some have said it’s all a grand conspiracy between the North and the Southwest to wrestle power from the “Otueke man”. Others have cited the fallout of the President with some Northern and Southwestern leaders, and the crisis which led to the exit governors and party chieftains from the PDP as the reasons for Nigerians’ acceptance and support of Buhari.
But I think the main point is that Nigerians have lost confidence in the present administration.
True: many APC and Buhari’s supporters and admirers don’t see the latter as the “messiah” who would, upon becoming president, use magical powers to turn things around over night. But Nigerians are tired of the way things are being run in the country. They are eager to replace the government boasting to have created, in the last six years, only about 1.8m jobs in a country with over 40m unemployed youths. They are eager to change the government that has not been able to provide security. They are tired of paying for electricity bills they never get to use or enjoy. Nigerians are tired of the government whose achievements only appear on the pages of newspapers and are not real. They are eager to change the government that has not shown any resolve to fight corruption. Even if General Buhari is not able to fix all these problems overnight, Nigerians just want this government that has virtually nothing to show to be gone. Nigerians need a new beginning and “fresh air”. This is what the PDP still don’t get:give Nigerians anyone but Goodluck Jonathan. That's a no no

3 Likes

Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by cooljude(m): 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
With all this your writeup, i still prefer Jonathan a thousand time to Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by HURUCHI(m): 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
9ice

1 Like

Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
Buhari is not sellable to many other Nigerians neither can he govern a united Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by Bamoha(m): 7:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
cooljude:
y? because hes a northerner abi hes a muslim? whic one?
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by cooljude(m): 7:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
Bamoha:
Do you think i am a religious fanatic or i am stupid. I read is policies as head of state and i am totally disgusted about so many decrees and actions taken by his government. I know you would want to say they are mere propaganda but let us be honest why is He (Buhari) and some of his supporters always trying to brush aside some of his heinous policies in the past. Secondly, i don't see him improving this country because i feel he is out of torch on modern realities. Jonathan is not perfect but some of his policies has influenced me positively and i honestly don't have confidence in Buhari has a president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by temitemi1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
Say NO to DESPOTIC n HAWKISH general, say NO to tinubu's LAKEY, say NO to buhari!! GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
Isokay. Ayaf heard u. We knw na.
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by Adminisher: 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
cooljude:

Yes. Tribalism is a terrible disease.
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by Bamoha(m): 8:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
cooljude:
Do you think i am a religious fanatic or i am stupid. I read is policies as head of state and i am totally disgusted about so many decrees and actions taken by his government. I know you would want to say they are mere propaganda but let us be honest why is He (Buhari) and some of his supporters always trying to brush aside some of his heinous policies in the past. Secondly, i don't see him improving this country because i feel he is out of torch on modern realities. Jonathan is not perfect but some of his policies has influenced me positively and i honestly don't have confidence in Buhari has a president of Nigeria.
wow ur the frst am hearing this from.....
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by cooljude(m): 8:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
Bamoha:
wow ur the frst am hearing this from.....
My honest opinion.
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by henrysophy: 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
APC has once again be proven to establish on lies, failure and deceit, Victory is sure, Jega will announce GEJ as winner 2015 presidential election cos Nigerians are wise, change is a process and not a miracle as we are already experiencing changes in the transformation agenda of GEJ,s administration, in the absence of a viable alternative, let the transformation continue #Vote for GEJ #Vote for PDP
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by bootstrap(m): 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
cooljude:

Ur premise, sound as it may seem is quite flawed. Its like saying you will not buy a benz in 2015 bcause u heard the old model used to consume fuel and was problematic even after the company assures u of upgrades. Saying u wld rather stick to the ford u hv used for 4yrs+ and hv felt first hand how bad it is. (Ps: ford and benz used just for illustrative purposes)

Personally... I say, give the upgraded benz a trial again, and not keep suffering because u scared of a change which has a 50percent chance of success against the almost 100percent certainty of the fords bad performance..... #nuffsaid!!
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by medamillion(m): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Jonathan is running government of hypocrisy

Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by cooljude(m): 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
bootstrap:

Ur premise, sound as it may seem is quite flawed. Its like saying you will not buy a benz in 2015 bcause u heard the old model used to consume fuel and was problematic even after the company assures u of upgrades. Saying u wld rather stick to the ford u hv used for 4yrs+ and hv felt first hand how bad it is. (Ps: ford and benz used just for illustrative purposes)

Personally... I say, give the upgraded benz a trial again, and not keep suffering because u scared of a change which has a 50percent chance of success against the almost 100percent certainty of the fords bad performance..... #nuffsaid!!
You know the funny things about you guys, you always assume that people like me would share your sentiment that this government is very bad. I don't agree with your analogy, people make informed choice based on precidence, your example on ford and benz is totally off point. You've decided to vote Buhari, good for you. As far as i am concern Buhari has nothing to offer and i would always pick Jonathan ahead of him. You talked of upgrade, i want you to tell me the upgrade in Buhari, someone who is unrepentant of his past deeds.
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by bootstrap(m): 9:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
cooljude:
You know the funny things about you guys, you always assume that people like me would share your sentiment that this government is very bad. I don't agree with your analogy, people make informed choice based on precidence, your example on ford and benz is totally off point. You've decided to vote Buhari, good for you. As far as i am concern Buhari has nothing to offer and i would always pick Jonathan ahead of him. You talked of upgrade, i want you to tell me the upgrade in Buhari, someone who is unrepentant of his past deeds.

Yes, I have decided to vote for Buhari, not because I like him so much, same way I am voting GEJ out due to his mediocre performance at best, even after voting for him 2011 is how I will vote a Buhari out in 4yrs time if he doesnt atlest double the current administrations mediocre performance.

People like you hv been so blinded by poverty, sentiments and/or just total lack of a sense of what excellence means.

If u can even remotly imply the current administration performed well, then shame on you. And please dnt give me the excuse that past leaders didnt do well hence we shldnt expect good performance frm Jonathan.
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by bootstrap(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
My fellow nigerias... its time we change... not even the kind of change APC is talking about.... but the kind of change in which we begin to demand excellence frm our leaders. Hold ur senators and reps responsible... hold ur governors responsible... hold ur president responsible. Not just responsible against a mediocre standard... but against high standards of excellence

With that, as God lives, in no time... we shall all hv a country we will be proud of.
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by obiz2014: 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
I am still in love with GEJ still of leadership.
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by bootstrap(m): 10:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
obiz2014:

Sorry to say, You have no idea what good and purposeful leadership means if u really love Jonathans style of whatever it is he thinks he is doing.
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by Revolution: 10:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
obiz2014:

Well, you will be on the wrong side of history when future generations ask who were those who made history by voting out an incumbent president for the first time.
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by mycar: 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
The later is the least of the reasons, if Buhari was the option, why didn't they adopt him in all his previous attempt. Simple, they want to wrestle power from Goodluck after using lies, violence and propaganda to rubbish his tenure.

We are watching
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by cooljude(m): 10:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
bootstrap:

Yes, I have decided to vote for Buhari, not because I like him so much, same way I am voting GEJ out due to his mediocre performance at best, even after voting for him 2011 is how I will vote a Buhari out in 4yrs time if he doesnt atlest double the current administrations mediocre performance.

People like you hv been so blinded by poverty, sentiments and/or just total lack of a sense of what excellence means.

If u can even remotly imply the current administration performed well, then shame on you. And please dnt give me the excuse that past leaders didnt do well hence we shldnt expect good performance frm Jonathan.
I would pretend as if i didn't see the insult. I have marked your username and by paraventure you insult me again, i would unleash my fury on you. We have been arguing sanely, must i agree with your thoughts. Goodnight and please let don't send a reply.
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by bootstrap(m): 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
cooljude:
I would pretend as if i didn't see the insult. I have marked your username and by paraventure you insult me again, i would unleash my fury on you. We have been arguing sanely, must i agree with your thoughts. Goodnight and please let don't send a reply.

My apologies if I might hv insulted u. But frm smone who have visited countries that got independence same time as Nigeria. . And seen their level of development, and someone that understands exactly what excellence and good governance truely mean, u will understand my frustration. I do not support APC per say, but a full supporter of change. Let us keep changing until we get it right. And I believe it's only achievable by having a viable opposition.... my apologies again
Re: Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan by jdilight(m): 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
Bamoha:

Because for the first time in history, we are witnessing democracy

(1) (Reply)

APC Spreading Fake Results / The Longest Discussion Thread In Nairaland History! 2000plus Pages And Counting / Port Harcourt Celebrates Buhari's Victory In Style [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.