Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars (56777 Views)

Toyota Unveils First Nigerian Toyota Vehicle Assembled In Lagos(photo) / Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. / PHOTOS: Popular Abu Made Car Being Towed with Another Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by manny4life(m): 11:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
Missonas:

Let 'em.We are the reason why we are where we are today.change and transformation is not the party or candidate, it is us

Is it not funny that you support this and allude to an extent this commendable, yet condemn the same transformation that does not meet up to the status quo of the modern time... Smh @ hypocrisy.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Deltagiant: 12:04am On Mar 14, 2015
thexzy:
This car looks like my grass cutting machine or all those First Aid Motors wia them dey use carry Mikel Obi when him sustain injury

Mister man, You've said nothing...The thread is about improvised automobile irrespective of the shape. So what's your point?
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Missonas(f): 12:07am On Mar 14, 2015
manny4life:

Is it not funny that you support this and allude to an extent this commendable, yet condemn the same transformation that does not meet up to the status quo of the modern time... Smh @ hypocrisy.
Guy where does d hypocrisy come in.did u hear me condemn change or transformatn pls read my post well again.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 14, 2015
Even if the car was sold for 3pieces N10,i still wouldn't buy.

No difference with a made in china wheel barrow undecided

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by numericalguy(m): 12:31am On Mar 14, 2015
deb:

First of all the car and it's name sucks. 2ndly you are not the first university in Nigeria to make a moving object that you call car. See a real car made my fellow Nigerian students from Covenant University here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1935508/covenant-university-students-build-cars

Stop advertising your ignorance, that vehicle is not the first car to be produced in ABU. There have been older designs that you don't know about. ABU have been designing and producing locally made. Nigerian vehicles since the 1990s long before your covenant university came into existence.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by OBlaize(f): 12:36am On Mar 14, 2015
This one na "birdbug" cheesy

Looks like a cross breed of a ladybird and a bug..

But anyhow naija, carry go, we are going to race in this thang!!

Naija's F1 baby, whohooo!!!
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by ladej(m): 12:39am On Mar 14, 2015
Why are these locally made cars always ugly. Can't they make beautiful ones ?
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by InvertedHammer: 12:46am On Mar 14, 2015
/
This is an insult and assault on common sense and engineering at large.

Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.

\

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by numericalguy(m): 12:52am On Mar 14, 2015
JASOLUTION:
ABU wasn't the first University to execute such project in Nigeria!!!! Some of the 2008 graduates of Mechanical Engineering of Federal University of Technology Overview,FUTO executed the project. Whereby of locally manufactured cars were produced as a final year project. After then, the subsequent set improved on the pioneer project in FUTO.

The record of the first car to be produced by a Nigerian University still goes to ABU in the early 1990s during the days of Centre for Automotive Design (CAD). it was a federal goverment funded project and the vehicles were labeled CAD1, CAD2, CAD3, etc.

In the late 1980s, the federal goverment selected one University (ABU Zaria) and one polytechnich (YabaTech Lagos) as the pilot institutions for the design and production of automobile vehicles in Nigeria.

I wonder where your 2008 FUTO guys were in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by suleiman419(m): 1:07am On Mar 14, 2015
Nigerians never appreciate or encourage people,the change starts from us APC
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by suleiman419(m): 1:14am On Mar 14, 2015
[b][/b][/color][color=]ABU zaria,Brain setting and recruiting UniversityABU zaria,Brain setting and recruiting UniversityABU zaria,Brain setting and recruiting University

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Irshittabey: 1:17am On Mar 14, 2015

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Irshittabey: 1:23am On Mar 14, 2015
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Rossikk(m): 1:33am On Mar 14, 2015
At this stage we should be celebrating those who develop cars that are distinguished because they run on a particular form of alternative energy, such as electricity, biofuels, natural gas, solar, etc... not just 'building a car' which ostensibly, runs on petrol. The world has moved beyond mere building of a car. Now it's about environmental sustainability and the use of renewable energy.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by surveycash(m): 1:35am On Mar 14, 2015
Seems my brother is about to make me proud. Let me confirm this.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Ninilowo(m): 1:54am On Mar 14, 2015
TorTOYS
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 14, 2015
Ahmadabd:
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria break the record as being the first Nigerian university to produce home made cars. The cars were commissioned this Friday (13-3-2015) at around 4pm this evening.
The cars were manufactured as a collaboration between the faculty of engineering (mechanical engineering) and shell Nigeria, the cars were named as ABUCAR 1 & ABUCAR 2.
pix and video below

Not impressed by this POS at all.

It's actually quite sad.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 14, 2015
imoh4king:

he is really stupid, if foreigners invited him over and he rejected because he loves his country. Well, let him embrace his Patriotism and simultaneously embrace poverty.....

That poster is a delirious liar.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by callmenow: 2:11am On Mar 14, 2015
Shameless university. They should be closed down. Indiscipline and wanton disregard of facts.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by tobiadebolas(m): 2:20am On Mar 14, 2015
covenant university
Ahmadabd:
who are d first
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Nobody: 2:25am On Mar 14, 2015
Lol, looks like one of the characters from the animated movie "Cars" grin
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by pak: 4:11am On Mar 14, 2015
That's the Nigerian problem - we all want to make the first or the biggest.
Why not just make an engine, make a new brake technology. Improve on existing electronic stability program of cars, it wouldn't make as much noise but it will be real progress!
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 14, 2015
emperorizzy:
Those peeps made cars in the 18th century. This is 2015, we ought to do better. The problem is practicals and research, we dont do any of the 2 extensively, sad.
try, they should be ashamed

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Marpol: 5:25am On Mar 14, 2015
What is this? Even Henry Ford will turn in his grave! We should stop wasting our time and energy. This is not a car period.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by donbrowser(m): 5:28am On Mar 14, 2015
lonelydora:
Those people standing there, call this match box car? More like a GEJ production.
Abu will forever be remembered for this and you will forever be remembered for

Your stupidity I guess...
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by numericalguy(m): 5:45am On Mar 14, 2015
tobiadebolas:
covenant university

If ABU designed and produced the first locally made car in Nigeria as far back as the early 1990s, how could covenant that was not yet in existence be the first.

The earlier designs of cars in ABU are much older than that secondary school called covenant.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by frank442: 6:13am On Mar 14, 2015
not impressive at this 21 century with all modern equipment and technology
the combination of my
Mechanics and welder with my painter can do better NONSENSE CAR SHAME ON YOU SHELL AND UNIVERSITY ENG DEPARTMENT

NOT A GOOD NEWS
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Drgleave: 6:18am On Mar 14, 2015
Car no get door, na window the driver climb enter? undecided
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by ElFenomeno1: 6:42am On Mar 14, 2015
This is not a car. This is a go kart
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by umulobi: 6:44am On Mar 14, 2015
Federal University of Technology,Owerri FUTO has done something better than these since 2006.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by lonelydora: 6:49am On Mar 14, 2015
donbrowser:

Abu will forever be remembered for this and you will forever be remembered for

Your stupidity I guess...

At my age I don't reply wasted spermatozoa like you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy / Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.