Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:42 AM

What If This ISIS Scare Becomes Actions. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If This ISIS Scare Becomes Actions. (529 Views)

Photos; Bomb Scare At American Consulate In Lagos. See What Was Discovered / Nnamdi Biafra Got This ISIS Talent Already In Place To Blow Off Naija Planes ? / I Know Here For Politics But Imagin This ISIS Death Brutality, Is Inhumane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If This ISIS Scare Becomes Actions. by TheObserver(m): 7:30am On Mar 14, 2015
My heart raced as I struggled to wake up and get rid of the awful nightmre I just had. Eventually I did wake up. Not without a pounding heart and adrenaline filling all the corners of my body.

The text I saw from my friend bola was devastating enough to start a morning. All he wrote was,"**** is being attacked".(Name of town withheld(still basking in the fear)). I tried waking up but my body couldn't beat the fatigue I accumulated from the gym presses and treadmill from yesterday.
I started hearing wailings and vehicle rumblings from my bed... And still my lazy body won't agree to its master. I heard a loud thud and my numb body had to wake up it self. I thought it was an IED. I was gone already. It was when my head got settled I realised that my environment and my brain was playing tricks on me. The wailings was rustlings of leaves from a nearby tree and tyres from cars from the expressroad. The loud thud was the main gates crashing to the wall as the winds would have it. Alas, I am still safe! Safe I just said ?? I hope mehn...
With the news that ISIS and bokoharam just did exchanged negative pleasantries, I don't think as a christian or a secular muslim, I am say that I am safe anymore.

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant(ISIL) also known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria or Islamic State of Iraq and ash-Sham(ISIS) or Islamic State is an Islamic extremist rebel group controlling territory in Iraq and Syria, with operations in eastern Libya, the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt, and other areas of the Middle East,North Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia. The group is known in Arabicasad-Dawlat al-Islāmiyah fī al-ʿIrāq wa sh-Shām, leading to the Arabic acronym Da'ishor DAESH.
On 29 June 2014, the group proclaimed itself to be a worldwide caliphate with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi being named its caliph and also renamed itselfIslamic State. The new name has been widely criticised and condemned, with the UN, various governments, and mainstream Muslim groups refusing to acknowledge it. As caliphate, it claims religious, political and military authority over all Muslimsworldwide and that "the legality of all emirates, groups, states, and organisations, becomes null by the expansion of the khilāfah's (caliphate's) authority and arrival of its troops to their areas". Many Islamic and non-Islamic communities judgethe group unrepresentative of Islam.
The United Nations has held ISIL responsible for human rights abuses and war crimes, and Amnesty Internationalhas reported ethnic cleansingby the group on a "historic scale". The group has been designatedas a terrorist organisation by the United Nations, the European Union, the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Syria, Iraq, Israel, Egypt, India, and Russia. Over 60 countries are directly or indirectly waging war against ISIL.
The group originated as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihadin 1999, which was renamed Tanzim Qaidat al-Jihad fi Bilad al-Rafidayn—commonly known as al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI)—when the group pledged allegiance to al-Qaedain 2004. AsJama'atand later AQI, the group participated, from August 2003, in the Iraqi insurgencywhich had followed the March 2003 invasion of Iraq. In January 2006, it joined other Sunni insurgent groups to form the Mujahideen Shura Council, which in October 2006 proclaimed the formation of the Islamic State of Iraq(ISI). ISI gained a significant presence in Al Anbar Governorate, Diyala Governorate and Baghdad Governorate.

Under the leadership of al-Baghdadi, ISI sent delegates into Syria in August 2011 after the Syrian Civil Warhad begun in March 2011. This offshoot named itself Jabhat an-Nuṣrah li-Ahli ash-Shāmor al-Nusra Front and established a large presence in Sunni-majority areas of Syria within the governorates of Ar-Raqqah, Idlib, Deir ez-Zorand Aleppo. Having thus expanded into Syria, al-Baghdadi announced the merger of his ISI with his Syrian-based offshoot-group al-Nusra Front in April 2013, and changed the name of the reunited group toIslamic State of Iraq and the Levant(ISIL). However, both al-Julani, the leader of al-Nusra, and al-Zawahiri, the leader of al-Qaeda, rejected the merger. The group remained closely linked to al-Qaeda until February 2014, when after an eight-month power struggle, al-Qaeda cut all ties with ISIL—citing its failure to consult and "notorious intransigence". On 29 June 2014, the group renamed itself the Islamic State (IS).
ISIL is known for its well-funded web and social media propaganda, which includes Internet videos of the beheadings of soldiers, civilians, journalists, and aid workers, as well as the deliberate destruction of cultural heritage sites. To finance its activities, the organisation is also stealing ancient artefacts from Syria and Iraq.
The group gained notoriety after it drove the Iraqi government forces out of key western cities in Iraq. In Syria, it conducted ground attacks against both government forces and rebel factions in the Syrian Civil War. It gained those territories after an offensive, initiated in early 2014, which senior US military commanders and members of the US House Committee on Foreign Affairs saw as a re-emergence of Sunni insurgents and al-Qaeda militants. This territorial loss implied a failure of US foreign policy, and almost caused a collapse of the Iraqi government that required renewal of US military action in Iraq.

On 7 March 2015, Boko Haram swore formal allegiance to ISIL giving ISIL an official presence in Nigeria, Niger, Chad, and Cameroon. ISIS also returned the favour by accepting them.
Please, am I afraid for no just reason?

Re: What If This ISIS Scare Becomes Actions. by ELTON123(m): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2015
Godwin

1 Like

Re: What If This ISIS Scare Becomes Actions. by Allureoftheseas(m): 7:49am On Mar 14, 2015
TheObserver:
My heart raced as I struggled to wake up and get rid of the awful nightmre I just had. Eventually I did wake up. Not without a pounding heart and adrenaline filling all the corners of my body.

The text I saw from my friend bola was devastating enough to start a morning. All he wrote was,"**** is being attacked".(Name of town withheld(still basking in the fear)). I tried waking up but my body couldn't beat the fatigue I accumulated from the gym presses and treadmill from yesterday.
I started hearing wailings and vehicle rumblings from my bed... And still my lazy body won't agree to its master. I heard a loud thud and my numb body had to wake up it self. I thought it was an IED. I was gone already. It was when my head got settled I realised that my environment and my brain was playing tricks on me. The wailings was rustlings of leaves from a nearby tree and tyres from cars from the expressroad. The loud thud was the main gates crashing to the wall as the winds would have it. Alas, I am still safe! Safe I just said ?? I hope mehn...
With the news that ISIS and bokoharam just did exchanged negative pleasantries, I don't think as a christian or a secular muslim, I am say that I am safe anymore.

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant(ISIL) also known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria or Islamic State of Iraq and ash-Sham(ISIS) or Islamic State is an Islamic extremist rebel group controlling territory in Iraq and Syria, with operations in eastern Libya, the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt, and other areas of the Middle East,North Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia. The group is known in Arabicasad-Dawlat al-Islāmiyah fī al-ʿIrāq wa sh-Shām, leading to the Arabic acronym Da'ishor DAESH.
On 29 June 2014, the group proclaimed itself to be a worldwide caliphate with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi being named its caliph and also renamed itselfIslamic State. The new name has been widely criticised and condemned, with the UN, various governments, and mainstream Muslim groups refusing to acknowledge it. As caliphate, it claims religious, political and military authority over all Muslimsworldwide and that "the legality of all emirates, groups, states, and organisations, becomes null by the expansion of the khilāfah's (caliphate's) authority and arrival of its troops to their areas". Many Islamic and non-Islamic communities judgethe group unrepresentative of Islam.
The United Nations has held ISIL responsible for human rights abuses and war crimes, and Amnesty Internationalhas reported ethnic cleansingby the group on a "historic scale". The group has been designatedas a terrorist organisation by the United Nations, the European Union, the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Syria, Iraq, Israel, Egypt, India, and Russia. Over 60 countries are directly or indirectly waging war against ISIL.
The group originated as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihadin 1999, which was renamed Tanzim Qaidat al-Jihad fi Bilad al-Rafidayn—commonly known as al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI)—when the group pledged allegiance to al-Qaedain 2004. AsJama'atand later AQI, the group participated, from August 2003, in the Iraqi insurgencywhich had followed the March 2003 invasion of Iraq. In January 2006, it joined other Sunni insurgent groups to form the Mujahideen Shura Council, which in October 2006 proclaimed the formation of the Islamic State of Iraq(ISI). ISI gained a significant presence in Al Anbar Governorate, Diyala Governorate and Baghdad Governorate.

Under the leadership of al-Baghdadi, ISI sent delegates into Syria in August 2011 after the Syrian Civil Warhad begun in March 2011. This offshoot named itself Jabhat an-Nuṣrah li-Ahli ash-Shāmor al-Nusra Front and established a large presence in Sunni-majority areas of Syria within the governorates of Ar-Raqqah, Idlib, Deir ez-Zorand Aleppo. Having thus expanded into Syria, al-Baghdadi announced the merger of his ISI with his Syrian-based offshoot-group al-Nusra Front in April 2013, and changed the name of the reunited group toIslamic State of Iraq and the Levant(ISIL). However, both al-Julani, the leader of al-Nusra, and al-Zawahiri, the leader of al-Qaeda, rejected the merger. The group remained closely linked to al-Qaeda until February 2014, when after an eight-month power struggle, al-Qaeda cut all ties with ISIL—citing its failure to consult and "notorious intransigence". On 29 June 2014, the group renamed itself the Islamic State (IS).
ISIL is known for its well-funded web and social media propaganda, which includes Internet videos of the beheadings of soldiers, civilians, journalists, and aid workers, as well as the deliberate destruction of cultural heritage sites. To finance its activities, the organisation is also stealing ancient artefacts from Syria and Iraq.
The group gained notoriety after it drove the Iraqi government forces out of key western cities in Iraq. In Syria, it conducted ground attacks against both government forces and rebel factions in the Syrian Civil War. It gained those territories after an offensive, initiated in early 2014, which senior US military commanders and members of the US House Committee on Foreign Affairs saw as a re-emergence of Sunni insurgents and al-Qaeda militants. This territorial loss implied a failure of US foreign policy, and almost caused a collapse of the Iraqi government that required renewal of US military action in Iraq.

On 7 March 2015, Boko Haram swore formal allegiance to ISIL giving ISIL an official presence in Nigeria, Niger, Chad, and Cameroon. ISIS also returned the favour by accepting them.
Please, am I afraid for no just reason?

dude? fear not
Re: What If This ISIS Scare Becomes Actions. by simplemach(m): 7:58am On Mar 14, 2015
And somebody might be somewhere now wishing to assume power so he can possibly plegde allegeance to these terrorists.

1 Like

Re: What If This ISIS Scare Becomes Actions. by kingofpool: 8:00am On Mar 14, 2015
Hey! Child you gatta get up from this sleep man, you re having a nightmare
Re: What If This ISIS Scare Becomes Actions. by TheObserver(m): 8:04am On Mar 14, 2015
We all know what is happening in these ISIS infested countries. They kill christians, non christians and secular muslims. This is the whole population of this country.... So should we say we are not already targeted??
Re: What If This ISIS Scare Becomes Actions. by TheObserver(m): 8:05am On Mar 14, 2015
We all know what is happening in these ISIS infested countries. They kill christians, non christians and secular muslims. This is the whole population of this country.... So should we say we are not already targeted??
Please do not politicize this issue.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo, Ekiti, Osun Prone To Electoral Violence -NEMA / Apc Plans To Announce Fake Presidential Election Result-pdp / President Jonathan Providing Infrastructure In Cameroonhttp://www.nairaland.com/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.