Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Best Selling Car Brands In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Selling Car Brands In Nigeria (4248 Views)

11 Most Used Car Brands In Africa – Autojosh. / 5 Most Loved Car Brands In The World.. / Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Selling Car Brands In Nigeria by milestonejnr(m): 6:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
1. TOYOTA
I'm quite sure you are not surprised to see this brand first in the list. This is the number one brand in Nigeria for now. Toyota has really spread its wing to become the world's largest automobile manufacturers.

Most people companies, firms go for this particular brand for many reasons. This reasons include ease of maintenance, good mileage, availability of spare parts, durability of engine and many more ( you can still read on reasons why Toyota dominate in Nigeria here).
With models like Camry, Corolla, Hilux, Prado, Land Cruiser - I guess you know them more - , Toyota is the most famous and loved car ( in case you are not a Toyota fan, don't feel bad about this please). You should also know that Lexus is their subsidiary too.

2. HONDA
This brand did a good job in making cost effective cars with a variety of models like civic, accord, pilot and lots more.

3.MERCEDES-BENZ
The Automobile company founded by Carl Benz and Gottlieb Daimlar in 1886 is known for its durability and for some of their exotic cars like the 'G-wagen' ( You can read about the car here ). Every celebrity wanna own this car in order to be among.

4. NISSAN
This is also a Japanese Automobile company. It is a fast growing motor company in Nigeria since their Assembly came down to the country. Their brand include murano, pathfinder, Xterra etc

5. VOLKSWAGEN
Volkswagen means 'Peoples car'. Abeg, we need to give them a shout-out. This is the company that made the almighty Beetle available decades ago. It was indeed a great thing to own the car in the past. From giving Nigerians beetle, they also migrated to giving us bug(an upgraded version of beetle), CC, Passat and many more. This Volkswagen group also have many other car brands under their umbrella like Bugatti, Audi, Bentley, Lambo etc.
Their cars are durable

6. HYUNDAI
Hyundai means 'modernity'. They have a good style of engineering design. Just like the cousin Kia, it is known to be among the official cars used in the country

7. BMW
'Be my wife' - sorry. Bayerische Motoren Werke which means Bavarian motors works in English. This is a brand known for its durability in Nigeria. It is known not to disappoint when it comes to speed and safety. still on the matter - spare parts are not always in reach.

8. LAND ROVER
This motor company owned by Indian Tata motors has been in existence since 1978 but fully invaded the country like six years ago when Range Rover Sports started blowing people's minds. This is one of the oldest SUVs after Jeep. I applaud the sophistication and engineering behind this particular car brand especially the range Rover sports. If not for anything, but for their traction. The car can ply any Nigerian road with much ease unlike other cars.

9. KIA
It is a South Korean company. Their cars are mostly for official use because of its good fuel economy and their car affordability. Kia is under Hyundai Motor Group.

10.AMERICAN POWERS
Among the American power are Ford, Chevrolet, GMC.
This brands normally scare the people of Nigeria away because of this 'Hard-to-maintain' feeling about these brands. Ford is the fifth highest brand sold in the world but i don't think it is to this part of the world. Virtually everybody is going for the easy-to-maintain car.

SOUCRE: http://emekaani..com/2015/03/best-selling-car-brands-in-nigeria.html
Re: Best Selling Car Brands In Nigeria by OgenemaroKessy(m): 6:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
I love My BMW.
Re: Best Selling Car Brands In Nigeria by goodmorning40: 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
Kia all the way

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice, I Want To Buy Toyota Spider. / How Much Would You Pay For This 2002 Rav4? / 2002 Toyota Avensis Needs Conversion From Diesel To Petrol Engine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.