Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

£100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? (1327 Views)

Real Madrid Sign Gareth Bale For 100 million Euros / Who Will Be The Next King Of Real Madrid? Cr7 Or Kaka? / Kaka: Messi Should Win The Ballon D’or What;s Your Opinion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

£100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by MrCrackles(m): 8:36pm On Jan 15, 2009
I doubt it does, together with the astronomical weekly pay packet of around £500,000 reportedly on offer!
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by kushi1: 8:44pm On Jan 15, 2009
Innit! That is alot.

Credit crunch no catch 'em angry
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by kushi1: 8:51pm On Jan 15, 2009
Despite Kaka's insistence he want to stay in Milan, and i read negotiations are still taking place so the amount is likely to increase. Na dem sabi o!
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by MrCrackles(m): 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2009
If he ends up at Manchester City, then i think he needs to have his brain checked properly!
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2009
I think this just sums up Mark hughes. A poor coach who thinks he can just spend his way to football eldorado. If Man City doesnt get a good coach ASAP they will end up with a hopeless team of primadonas. If Wenger had Robinho, Elano, Ireland, Kompany in his team we'd be second place by now.
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by MrCrackles(m): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2009
I cant get my head round it
Mark Hughes came out to justify the bid
What an idiot!
undecided
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by Sauron1: 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

I cant get my head round it
Mark Hughes came out to justify the bid
What an idiot!
undecided

If Citeh can expand their stadium to about 70,000(they would cop back the dough).
£91 million bid for Abu Dhabi?? Chicken change, mayne!!!
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by MrCrackles(m): 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2009
Now it has been reported that the bid is over £100million!
Ridiculous
!!! grin
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by kushi1: 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2009
£107milla @ d mo.
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by dayokanu(m): 12:40am On Jan 16, 2009
If he ends up at Manchester City, then i think he needs to have his brain checked properly

Brash are you normal? we are talking about money here. For that Amount Ronaldinho, CR7 would play in Fiji.

The guy Kaka has won all there is to be won in football so why cant he make some cool cash.

Did I hear someone say 500,000 per week? come on!!!

Grab the dough boy
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by MrCrackles(m): 12:42am On Jan 16, 2009
dayokanu:

Brash are you normal? we are talking about money here. For that Amount Ronaldinho, CR7 would play in Fiji.

The guy Kaka has won all there is to be won in football so why cant he make some cool cash.

Did I hear someone say 500,000 per week? come on!!!

Grab the dough boy

While it is good to earn the dough, it is insane for a player of his calibre to go to a team like Citywith all due respect to city! grin
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by dayokanu(m): 1:15am On Jan 16, 2009
Are you serious brash, This guy has won everything there is to win in Euro football why cant he go and make the money cool cash.

Let a club from Fiji offer 80million for CR7 and see how the deal would be done sharp sharp.

Have u forgotten Beckham to LA Galaxy for 500,000 a week? Or Am I mistaken?
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by tkb417(m): 8:09am On Jan 16, 2009
Brash u dont get it
if they get Kaka, they will get Messi, get CR7 grin, Fabregas, Cassilas, Ribery, Benzema
then it will make a lotta sence to play in City. remember they have Robinho already

those guys just need to spend 100m each for those players i mentioned. thats 700m shey? its chiken feed for those UAE mafia. i hope they come for CR7, we'll sell for 150m grin grin grin
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by A40(m): 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2009
For 107 milla i call it a proper case of Money Miss road! can Kaka run on top of water or walk on thin air? what has he played since winning FIFA Player of the Year? If i where Galliani or Berlusconi i would fly him on a private jet to Manchester to complete his medicals and join them.Kaka has done his bit for Milan i don't think he can do much else

Milan can buy another UCL winning squad with this money
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by tkb417(m): 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2009
Milan can buy another UCL winning squad with this money

and i think City can also buy a champions league winning team. all they need to do is offer everybody on thier wish list the same money kaka is gonna get. personally ill sign a life contract with City if i were him. 500k GBP shocked shocked shocked

thts crazy, madness, everything, in short no word to describe it
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by Jaybaba(m): 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2009
Football is and has always been a team sport.
For a team like Man City to offer over 100milion for 1 player show they are doing something other than football business.
They want attention and Kaka is big enough to provide it.
There is nothing wrong with just bidding say a billion of any currency for anything including a used pair of boots
but there is a lot wrong with bidding that amount for just one football player who is a human being.

This is not good for football. It wont be good for the team. It would put that player on a difficult path, perform and deserve the tag.
Football is being challenged, football is a team game, coaches, medical people, ball boys, players and administrators all play a role
Deciding to sign just one player for the amount in quote here suggests, it has become Golf or boxing, in other words, the coach,
other members of the squad are all not going to have to do anything else cause this superhuman Kaka is coming.

Rebuild City of Manchester Stadium to say 80,000 and they'll make the money back in 3 seasons but what about the risks. Kaka could
flop in the EPL, get a life threatening injury, be hated by team mates, etc.

Hughes should realise that football is a team game where coaches choose players from a pool, choose a style and approach, practice it
and perfect it. They become a team with time and win titles. With additional boosts from other teams they are strengthened but what Hughes
and City are about to do is assemble a squad and expect immediate results. It works sometimes but flops most of the time.

My verdict: It is profitable from a business point of view despite the risks. It is bad from a football point of view, it emphasizes 1 player above
a football team of 11 players and a renowned football coach said "no player is bigger than any team"
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by lalaboi(m): 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2009
He has rejected the Move, Guess he was sensible afterall! grin
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 19, 2009
bellamy, £14
bridge, $10
robinho, £32
Jo, £19
Kaka, priceless

there are some things money cant buy
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by MrCrackles(m): 11:43pm On Jan 19, 2009
I always knew he aint going to City! cheesy
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by MrCrackles(m): 11:45pm On Jan 19, 2009
davidylan:

bellamy, £14
bridge, $10
robinho, £32
Jo, £19
Kaka, priceless

there are some things money cant buy

Indeed
! cheesy
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by FBS: 11:01am On Jan 20, 2009
Kaka has earned the respect of nearly everyone. He has gone up 2-3 notches up the respect ladder and  some statements that you cannot help but respect. You can very well conclude that he has faith in God.
Kaka said he "listened to his heart" in deciding to stay at Milan, rather than accept a record-breaking move to Manchester City.

The Premier League club's audacious bid to sign the Brazilian star in a £100 million-plus deal collapsed on Monday night after Milan president Silvio Berlusconi confirmed Kaka was staying, and the player held a Milan shirt out of a window at his home to the delight of cheering fans.

City claimed they had withdrawn from the negotiations after suggesting the transfer was no longer viable on a number of levels.

Kaka said he never considered himself a City player, despite Milan giving him permission to hold talks about a January transfer.

And the 26-year-old revealed he is "celebrating" his decision to pledge his future to Milan and says money would not influence his future.

"I feel great in a place where everybody loves me and I'm very happy to stay," he told Italian TV.

"My family were great allowing me to take the decision independently. I never argued with my father, as somebody wrote. I have listened to my heart as many people advised me to do.

"At Milan there are many wonderful people like [Berlusconi] and Leonardo, who is much more than a director for me, he is a real friend.

"I have never asked for a raise in my salary and I will never do. Milan were always nice to me raising my salary whenever they felt it was fair to do it. I can only thank them for this.

"After Saturday's game many people showed me their support, I have received drawings by kids trying to convince me to stay. It was wonderful. I remember when I left Sao Paolo some fans protested against me, here they all stand by my side instead.

"I'm currently celebrating this decision at home with a couple of friends.

"I'm a religious person and I believe the path God decides for us is not always the most logical one.

"Milan had never considered any offer for me in the past. This time it was different and I had to think about it but then I decided to stay. My team-mates were incredible. They all tried to tell me something and stay close to me in this period.

"I haven't been a Manchester City player not even for one minute."
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20012009/58/serie-kaka-explains-city-snub.html
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by Mustay(m): 11:10am On Jan 20, 2009
He has saved football of this coming madness.

Money isn't everything (But don't tell Martins that wink grin)

WDH is CAF naw? CAF Champs league ain't lucrative.

These Arab guys are ready to dole out money. Talk about investors!!!

If they really want titles, just buy  up Man U for EPL, Chelsea for FA , L'pool for UEFA, Villa for UEFA cup and maybe Arsenal or Everton for insurance losses. cheesy

kaka is a legend.
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by A40(m): 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2009
Mustay:

He has saved football of this coming madness.

Money isn't everything (But don't tell Martins that wink grin)

WDH is CAF naw? CAF Champs league ain't lucrative.

These Arab guys are ready to dole out money. Talk about investors!!!

If they really want titles, just buy  up Man U for EPL, Chelsea for FA , L'pool for UEFA, Villa for UEFA cup and maybe Arsenal or Everton for insurance losses. cheesy

kaka is a legend.
You guys would not win the WAFU Cup if you participated in it not to talk of the FA Cup how many una don win sef?

The deal is a wrap if only all sportsmen had the discipline Kaka does! It shows money is not everything and not everyone has a price
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by MrCrackles(m): 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2009
A-40:

You guys would not win the WAFU Cup if you participated in it not to talk of the FA Cup how many una don win sef?

The deal is a wrap if only all sportsmen had the discipline Kaka does! It shows money is not everything and not everyone has a price

Hehe! grin
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by Mustay(m): 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2009
A-40:

Why didn't you just ignore that part now? tongue tongue

At least, i gave ya team a price (which is unfair angry angry cool cool)
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by A40(m): 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2009
Mustay:

Why didn't you just ignore that part now? tongue tongue

At least, i gave ya team a price (which is unfair angry angry cool cool)
Why did you not simply ignore ma response? grin grin
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by chika98: 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2009
It doesn't make any sense at all. Man city needs to go and sit down jare. They are trying to reach beyond their means. they need to focus on buying good players for now and then worry about world class players later.
Re: £100 Million Bid For Kaka: Does This Make Football And Business Sense? by staloone(m): 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2009
e no make any gooooooooooooooooooooood sense

(1) (Reply)

#Respect..Cr7 Gives £5m To Nepal While Messi Gives Neymar Penalties.haha / Smdh Bayern Munich Fans Caught having $ex In Stands During Hoffenheim Match / Where Can I Watch Inter Vs Lazio, Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.