Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Open Letter To Police I.G - Mr. Suleiman Abba. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To Police I.G - Mr. Suleiman Abba. (840 Views)

How Jonathan Disgraced Suleiman Abba, Leaving Police IG Working Hours After Sack / BREAKING: Jonathan Sacks IG Of Police, Suleiman Abba; Appoints Replacement / BREAKING: President Jonathan Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba Appoints Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Police I.G - Mr. Suleiman Abba. by Dyoungstar: 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
NOTE: I HAVE FIRST HAND EVIDENCE OF ALL I WROTE HERE.

DON'T MIND MY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, I HATE MAKING CORRECTIONS AFTER TYPING AND CORRECTION WHILE TYPING WOULD END UP MAKING ME TO ABANDONE THE WRITING.

JUST READ AND PASS YOUR VIEWS.

MORE LETTERS COMING SOON...

LETTER TO THE

INSPECTOR GENERAL OF NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE.

Saturday 14 March, 2015.

To the office of the
Inspector General of Police.

Mr. Suleiman Abba.

Sir, it's with utmost grieve of the heart that I write you this letter.

First and foremost I don't understand the police force any more, I see force men in different uniforms yet they are called police.

If I am not mistaking, the force have about 3 different uniforms worn by different cadre of officers which makes the force confusing to us unlike in the past when we know them to be black uniformed men aka Men In Black.

My purpose of writing you is not to trigger your humorous nature or show off my writing skills, which I am not even good at but to lament to you the macabre deformation of your force by your own men.

I believe if I remembered vividly sometime in 2004-2005 that the salaries of your officers were drastically increased to a huge unmentionable sum to curb the act of standing on the high way to rip off commuters their hard earned income.

If I were a transporter I will be killing your men everyday for their wicked extortion on our roads daily.

These so called police men stand and collect 20 naira initially but has increased it to 50 naira and rumors has it that they want to increase it further for the sake of the risen dollar, with this I ask "is the police force a business venture?" If it is, the person that drafted the proposal to initiate police force in the world must be a very good business man, but do other countries police behave like ours?

Find out.

Given by what we see on our roads, I dare say we have over 50,000 police check points on our high ways today collecting 50 naira from every car that passes. I put it to you that if all the money collect by your men on our roads are summed up it will surpass Lagos state IGR (Internally Generated Revenue) each year, that's a whooping sum if you don't know.

With all these, you and your boys are still calling for strike. Where on earth has it been heard that police force went on strike?

It's only in my country that news such as this makes headlines.

Now all the above are not my major concern but these:

What's really the function of police men on the road?

1. To check for imported goods, cars etc without clearance?

I guess that's the job of Nigerian customs. Why chance them?

2. Collect revenue for the force?

What's Federal Inland Revenue Services for?

3. Check car papers, plate numbers and drivers license?

I guess this job has been assigned to the road safety and VIO officers already.

4. To collect offering?

I can't remember any part of Nigerian constitution making provisions for any government to run a church business.

This job has been assigned to churches too.

5. To keep the country, road safe from disaster such as robbery, fighting and rest?

I guess this is where they have work to do, but are they doing it?

I will state that soon.

I was transporting in keke (maruwa) sometime ago in kaduna from sabo to Narayi via highcost for those of you that know there.

And we got to the police check point along bayan dutse, what I saw didn't surprise me but baffled me.

The police man on the road stopped the Keke expecting normal shower of 50 naira but the Keke driver decided against it, the police man also decided to deal with him.

He asked for his particulars the Keke man said he had them the police man asked him to bring them which he did.

The police man glanced through the papers for about 3 minutes, I was waiting patiently because I was only going home to rest and probably watch movies so I didn't bother myself, I wanted to see what will transpire between them.

The police man like he read my mind asked me to join another Keke, I told him I can't that I've paid this one already I don't have another money to pay another. The police man asked the Keke man to balance me, the Keke man said he has used my money to give change so he doesn't have small denomination of the naira notes.

The police man gave up on trying to chase me away.

What shocked me next was that after the police man went through the particulars for the second time, he looked at the Keke man and asked him

"What's your name?"

The Keke man replied "it's there on the documents"

The police man looked at him and said

"you wan show me say you stubborn ba?"

and he looked at the papers again and pronounced "Barrack"

The Keke man was confused, the policeman asked him

"Is your name Barrack?"

He replied

"how can my name be Barrack can't you see the name on the paper?"

The police man said what he saw was Barrack, the Keke man shook his head and said it is BARAJE not Barrack.

The police man asked

"when did you buy this Keke?"

The fellow answered

"it's on the receipt"

The police man looked at the papers in his hands for long yet he couldn't differentiate which is receipt, he saw a woman passing and called her to help him read what was written on the papers.

Then I asked myself, does it mean the police men are illiterates? I've seen a few of them that are educated but many of them are illiterates.

I was driving with my uncle who is well advanced in age from Umuahia to Minna last Tuesday, the number of checkpoints we saw were so much, that's not my problem but the extortion on people.

At a point a police officer asked my uncle for tinted glass permit which my uncle gave him without hesitation (original copy) the police man obviously wanted money but foolishly collected the one page paper and was reading it for over 10 minutes, my uncle had been giving the previous ones we met on the way tips, I kicked against it but he said it's to support them. But this man instead of asking for his share decided to ruin his game himself.

My uncle got angry and alighted from the car and confronted the black and black uniformed man who doesn't deserve the name POLICE OFFICER.

To cut the story short my uncle angrily collected his permit and entered the car and we zoomed off. From that point we never gave any of them kobo again.

Sir, I humbly suggest you organize skills acquisition programme for them to learn skills and perfect in their crimes and also enrol them into adult schools to learn at least to read and write properly and also educate them more on how to politely and quietly collect money from their customers (drivers), please don't misunderstand me on this, they are very good in the art of offering collection on the high way but some lack manners of approach.

Furthermore, the state of robberies on our high way, banks, churches, individual offices and homes calls for urgent attention.

I was traveling from Lagos to portharcourt few weeks ago with EZENWATA transport (luxurious bus), I like traveling at night if my journey is not urgent because I get to learn something's and experiences from that as a showbiz personality.

So as we plied the Onitsha - Owerri express way, armed robbers started shooting at us sporadically from no where because our vehicle seemed to be the first to pass that road that night when they had come for their job.

Our driver being a man of faith and courage took a deadly measure by daring to smash anyone he could reach, he put off his lights and drove past the deadly men but his vehicle had been collaterally damaged.

We ran about a kilometer away and saw a police patrol van but before then a small Toyota hilux van was chasing after us to overtake our car but our experienced driver tried his best to prevent the car from double crossing us.

We got to the Police checkpoint, our driver stopped and complained to the only haggard, shrunken old police man who was just starring at us, all our drivers effort to get the hilux searched was futile.

Okay, you won't search the vehicle where are the rest of your men? There's robbery going on on the high way a kilometer away.

The police man was just mopping at us, we were all yelling at him from inside the car to do something but he didn't say one word.

Then it occurred to us that it could probably be his partners who tried to rob us, no doubts about this because if you were there that day, you'll conclude the robbers were policemen.

Even their target at the driver to eliminate him was evident that such shot at a vehicle on motion can only be done by a pro. Thanks to God for the strong wind screen which shielded the driver else his flesh would be scattered in fine particles.

I can boldly say it you sir, that some of your men contribute to the robbery on the high way either by robbing themselves or hiring out their guns to their cohorts.

For this reason, I call on the Federal government to withdraw policemen from our roads and replace them with army who have shown to be credible and trustworthy.

Let the police handle face-me-i-face-you issues.

I didn't also forget that your men has killed innocent souls just because of 20-50 naira bribe, they shoot at drivers who refuse to drop naira notes for them caring less about the lives conveyed in the vehicles.

Stories had it severally that policemen opens fire on fleeing drivers who didn't drop the above amount, killing them and their passengers.

Sir, with this I believe you will look critically into this case and proffer lasting solutions.

Thank you sir.

Yours sincerely,

Dyoungstar.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Police I.G - Mr. Suleiman Abba. by myqel(m): 7:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
Police and corruption are synonymous undecided undecided undecided
Re: Open Letter To Police I.G - Mr. Suleiman Abba. by Prinxx(m): 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
Its really appaling that those sadded with the responsibility of protecting our lives are endangering it.
May God save this country.

(1) (Reply)

SERMON Jotters:power Of Spiritual Geography / Video: House Help Caught On Camera Trying To Breastfeed Boss’ Baby / Meet President Buhari Young And Vibrant Photographer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.