Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,205 members, 7,780,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:08 PM

Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? (17100 Views)

'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' / Is Euthanasia Right Or Wrong? / Is Sport Betting A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 15, 2015
Euthanasia( Mercy Killing ) is the practice of intentionally ending a life in order to relieve pain and suffering..It Can also be described as termination of life by a doctor at the request of a patient".

Euthanasia is widely practised in the Medical field by doctors and Physicians and is legal in Holland,Belgium and Canada..

It is done to relieve extreme pain and suffering a patient is experiencing especially when death is certain for the patient. and can be done by voluntary approval of patient or discretion of the doctor.

My question is euthanasia a sin before God being that it is to relieve the patient from unnecessary suffering
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 15, 2015
incase grin

*modify*
so this is how it is FTC
@topic...I wonder what would even make me do such
life is too precious to kill one sef
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 15, 2015
Iamsynord:
Euthanasia( Mercy Killing ) is the practice of intentionally ending a life in order to relieve pain and suffering..It Can also be described as termination of life by a doctor at the request of a patient".

Euthanasia is widely practised in the Medical field by doctors and Physicians and is legal in Holland,Belgium and Canada..

It is done to relieve extreme pain and suffering a patient is experiencing especially when death is certain for the patient. and can be done by voluntary approval of patient or discretion of the doctor.

My question is euthanasia a sin before God being that it is to relieve the patient from unnecessary suffering

If the law of the land says its not a sin, then its not a sin in heaven. As it is on earth, so shall it be in heaven.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ayusadeg(m): 1:51am On Mar 15, 2015
Iamsynord:

I will say yes, because we are not the owner of our lives, God is the giver of life and He does whatever pleases him on it according to Psalm 115:3 'Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him', the person that is undergoing pains today if spared may still survive and be miraculously healed, even if God is able to raise the dead how much more a body with life, we are not in position to kill all in the name of relieving an individual of pain, take instance of people who are terribly ill around you in the past who later recovered and become healthy, so it's none of our business to kill in order to remove pain.
''The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up''. 1Sam 2:6

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by HrtBrkSteve(m): 2:22am On Mar 15, 2015
Its a sin because God say thou shall not kill what ye can't create or give breath to. Shikenah#

2 Likes

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by countsparrow: 7:47am On Mar 15, 2015
Nowadays, who knows what a sin is

Human beings are confused
Euthenasia
Masturbation
Lynching
We can't correctly point out which attracts a penalty in d sight of God

God forgive us all...

8 Likes

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Samiceman: 7:47am On Mar 15, 2015
Yawns....Morning Nairalanders, E don tey wey I reach FP.

If there is life there is hope, why kill what you cannot create?
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ramalot(m): 7:49am On Mar 15, 2015
smiley
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Bigsolo88: 7:49am On Mar 15, 2015
Lemme sit n rid koments..
In other news
sai Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nmeri17: 7:49am On Mar 15, 2015
it is only employed when the deceased is experiencing such excruciating pain that death is the closest form of comfort hence you will be heavily rewarded in heaven for putting an end to such pain
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Allureoftheseas(m): 7:49am On Mar 15, 2015
father Lucifer said we could do whatever pleases us, he doesn't deprive us from anything. so i say it's not.

3 Likes

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:50am On Mar 15, 2015
It is a sin! All the doctors involved in that would burn in hell. God won't heal the person and don't want anyone or even the patients to relieved "themselves" of their pains...Don't you know how god enjoy the sight of dying patients undecided.

ayusadeg:
I will say yes, because we are not the owner of our lives, God is the giver of life and He does whatever pleases him on it according to Psalm 115:3 'Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him', the person that is undergoing pains today if spared may still survive and be miraculously healed, even if God is able to raise the dead how much more a body with life, we are not in position to kill all in the name of relieving an individual of pain, take instance of people who are terribly ill around you in the past who later recovered and become healthy, so it's none of our business to kill in order to remove pain.
''The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up''. 1Sam 2:6
Note. It is on request of the patient. It is the patient decision, more like suicide. For a patient to take such decision means he is dying and in heavy pains. Most of these conditions are inevitable, they would die anyway...So why prolonged their suffering. If you say it is a sin then it either god want to watch that patient suffer till death or he simply doesn't exist.

3 Likes

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by strawberryinc(m): 7:50am On Mar 15, 2015
Its a sin because you cant give life why should you take it.
No situation or circumstance is bigger than the creator of the universe, remember he created the world in 6 days so what on earth is bigger or impossible for him to do.
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by abe27633: 7:50am On Mar 15, 2015
This is a very interesting philosophy.

1 Like

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Cutehector(m): 7:50am On Mar 15, 2015
Its a cousin to suicide. grin
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by lonelydora: 7:51am On Mar 15, 2015
On one hand....YES.

On the other hand.... NO.

1 Like

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ennysuccess(m): 7:51am On Mar 15, 2015
killing name killing ooo either on request or not
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:51am On Mar 15, 2015
Thou shall not kill...exodus 20 verse 13. Is there something not clear here?

1 Like

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by elobyobi: 7:51am On Mar 15, 2015
Wait let me ask Whitney Houston's daughter.

In the meantime...

Chekwas Okorie for president. grin
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Houseofglam7(f): 7:51am On Mar 15, 2015
Can't say for sure but I think I'll
subscribe to it, especially when death is certain.

Easier said than done though.

My dog was euthanized and at that point, it felt like the best thing to do coz it was apparently in so much pain.

2 Likes

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ogbonnayamkpa(m): 7:52am On Mar 15, 2015
Yes. It is a sin. We do not give life and we should not take life.
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 15, 2015
Samiceman:
Yawns....Morning Nairalanders, E don tey wey I reach FP.

If there is life there is hope, why kill what you cannot create?

I Concor cheesy
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by chrisviral(m): 7:53am On Mar 15, 2015
I ll be sure to ask my pastor that today in church, *,) any other question OP
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:53am On Mar 15, 2015
strawberryinc:
Its a sin because you cant give life why should you take it.
No situation or circumstance is bigger than the creator of the universe, remember he created the world in 6 days so what on earth is bigger or impossible for him to do.
So what is he waiting for? There are thousands of such patient ready to take their life to ease their suffering. The stage is clear for your god to go perform his abracadabra!

1 Like

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Chuksgeo: 7:54am On Mar 15, 2015
Yes oh it is sinning, because it doesn't give room for the almighty power of God to manifest.

No matter what the situation is we shouldn't give up. God almighty has done greater things like rasing the dead and healing all manner of sickness and diseases even the ones that have lasted for years like the woman with the issue of blood(12yrs), sarah Abraham's wife(at age 99) and the man at the pool of Bethsida(38yrs) and many others even from birth.
He is a God of restoration, infact he is able to do exceedingly above whatsoever that we could ever think. So don't give up because if you do so, I guess na hell fire for both.

That is why people in certain proffession need to be people of faith in order to know at some points it is only God can save a situation and not what the proffession says. This is my two Cents though!!
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Cutehector(m): 7:54am On Mar 15, 2015
Allureoftheseas:
father Lucifer said we could do whatever pleases us, he doesn't deprive us from anything. so i say it's not.
who created lucifer? Whr did he come from? Who gave him his powers? Who had mercy on him? Where does lucifer dwell? Who cast lucifer into d earth frm hell? Pls answer all these questions correctly
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 15, 2015
Chuksgeo:
Booked space

1 Like

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Ezedon(m): 7:55am On Mar 15, 2015
Dont really know if it is a sin, but its better to let go than to allow to suffer, no one is born to suffer
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 15, 2015
Sometimes, its the best thing to do.
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by oismail(m): 7:57am On Mar 15, 2015
Suicide when death is sure? Brave move!
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by boolet: 7:57am On Mar 15, 2015
Following
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ShakurM(m): 7:58am On Mar 15, 2015
Everything na sin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? / Dorime: Here Is What Era's ‘ameno’ Really Means, It's Not Really Demonic / 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.