Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? (17147 Views)

'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' / Is Euthanasia Right Or Wrong? / Is Sport Betting A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
shacxy:
but is human being life as worthless as those chicken And mosquitos own. Have seen a person who raise to her feet after one whole solid year +months of sickness n pains in hospital. What if those days of pain ws just a trial time and she stil have mission God want her to fulfil, n then she cut short her life do u tink God wil b hapy with that. Moreover he has said it all ''thou shall not kill''

please keep shut.

who told you that animals life's are useless? They are as important has we humans, if they weren't we wont have them in this world!!!!!!

sooo what? if u have seen people rise after a year?

what exactly do you define has sin? and how do you know what God wants?

which dirty mission? you say it with ease i pray u never find yourself in that situation.

coming here to blab shit over something u don't really no about.
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by pesh4lyf(f): 11:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
After seeing an Indian movie titled Guzzarish.....i think mercy killing isn't all about the patient involved......how about those who love you unconditionally despite your ailment..for me..we all have reasons to live for
smiley
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
God knows what he is doinq. he let yhu stay in that manner for a purpose...take job in the bible for example...to answer your question, i think and believe that it a sin...are yhu tryinq to say yhu want to tell God what is riqht or what he suppose to do C'mon... undecidedGod knows what he is doinq. he let yhu stay in that manner for a purpose...take job in the bible for example...to answer your question, i think and believe that it a sin...are yhu tryinq to say yhu want to tell God what is riqht or what he suppose to do C'mon...
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by papijoe1(m): 1:23am On Mar 16, 2015
Killing is killing
Call it mercy killing ,euthanasia or abortion
Which ever name u call it
Killing is killing
God is the creator of life
No human,whosoever has the
Audacity,effrontery or temerity to
Decide who live...in all its ramification
The Church condemns all the above mentions
Life is precious that is why God created us in His image n likeness and gave us the power to dominate and multiply
From the holy book we read how God Place a curse on Cain for killing his brother Abel
Therefore curse is place on who ever that deliberately ends someone Life
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ayusadeg(m): 1:46am On Mar 16, 2015
ayusadeg:
I will say yes, because we are not the owner of our lives, God is the giver of life and He does whatever pleases him on it according to Psalm 115:3 'Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him', the person that is undergoing pains today if spared may still survive and be miraculously healed, even if God is able to raise the dead how much more a body with life, we are not in position to kill all in the name of relieving an individual of pain, take instance of people who are terribly ill around you in the past who later recovered and become healthy, so it's none of our business to kill in order to remove pain.
''The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up''. 1Sam 2:6
Hollawaley:
think well,"Yeah it is acceptable e.g re you guys familiar with curdelier virus?i pray no one comes in contact cos it kills within 6 hours of exposure to the virus.it starts with unstopping nose bleeding,then great pain in the abdomen as if they are ripping you open alive.If you see that kind of person suffering,writhing with pain, won't you offer tha person a suicide capsule or gun to end his life him/herself or won't you even "mercy kill" that persons.so my point is that "mercy killing"is accepted or why was suicide capsule made?
Do you know if we are talking of sin or offence you dont need to forget or neglect the person whom is offended, so if you are of the school of thought that its not a sin, tell me why the scripture now said a living dog is better than a dead lion Ecc 9:4, you said d virus can kill within 6hours why not leave the situation for God for that 6hours, He said He is the Lord of all flesh i.e he created us, is there anything to difficult for Him? Can you tell me what can be more painful losing a whole pants of blood daily for years (the woman with the issue of blood) but she met the greatest physician one day, if she has committed suicide or mercy killing has been carried out on her tell me how would she have gotten her miracle?
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ayusadeg(m): 1:57am On Mar 16, 2015
ayusadeg:
I will say yes, because we are not the owner of our lives, God is the giver of life and He does whatever pleases him on it according to Psalm 115:3 'Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him', the person that is undergoing pains today if spared may still survive and be miraculously healed, even if God is able to raise the dead how much more a body with life, we are not in position to kill all in the name of relieving an individual of pain, take instance of people who are terribly ill around you in the past who later recovered and become healthy, so it's none of our business to kill in order to remove pain.
''The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up''. 1Sam 2:6
marvelito:
dis is also done during war.wen a soldier is badly wounded. Wil u stil kal it a sin even its acepted by d law guilding them
No we can't call it a sin since they are carrying a national assignment which is also recognised by God, the Bible even encouraged us to be subject to the authority that governs the land, if we say it is a sin that means the soldiers @ war are sinning which is not so, I think killing by soldiers @ war is also one of the exception that has Biblical backup following Biblical history because they are protecting a whole nation against attack!
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ayusadeg(m): 2:05am On Mar 16, 2015
ayusadeg:
Idrismusty97:
It is a sin! All the doctors involved in that would burn in hell. God won't heal the person and don't want anyone or even the patients to relieved "themselves" of their pains...Don't you know how god enjoy the sight of dying patients undecided.

Note. It is on request of the patient. It is the patient decision, more like suicide. For a patient to take such decision means he is dying and in heavy pains. Most of these conditions are inevitable, they would die anyway...So why prolonged their suffering. If you say it is a sin then it either god want to watch that patient suffer till death or he simply doesn't exist.
If we are to go by what doctors say or believe that they care but God heals, why the babaric act, so if you dont believe in the existence of God, so no point engaging in this debate because you can never believe you are offending anyone if other way round you must believe He's the Omnipotent, with Him nothing shall be impossible!
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Bowaley17(m): 7:32am On Mar 16, 2015
It is a sin.
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Mariojane(f): 11:16am On Mar 16, 2015
if the soldiers fighting boko haram nd killing them for Nigerians liberation is not a sin then Mercy killing cant be a sin.

in the bible, there were wars that God told the Israelite to go to war that he is with them to guide them. what will u call dat? or dont they kill in war? when God destroy Egyptians warriors, when God sent snakes to bite the Israelite cos of their disobedient to God nd God later instruct them to carve snake image nd look upon it when they are bitten. wht will u call that?

mercy killing is not a sin in as far as there is a genuine reason surrounding it.
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
God said,'thou shall not kill', but the israelites fought wars and killed. have they sinned? i think the law gives waivers on some professiomal issues. the doctors' case is a similar one.
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by davien(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
Think about this....euthanasia a.k.a "mercy killing" is what theists use to justify their "god/gods" killing people.

1 Like

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by joywendy(f): 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
ayusadeg:

mmmmm.........

what do you define as killing?

What do you then say about killing in self defense?

sin or not?
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by davien(m): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
joywendy:

mmmmm.........

what do you define as killing?

so when a person has Ebola and he is suffering in pain and death is sure why continue to prolong the persons suffering?

What do you then say about killing in self defense?

sin or not?

So the question should now be are the commandments moral?....because no motive behind killing is even mentioned...it's just an order to not kill.

1 Like

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by joywendy(f): 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
ayusadeg:
No we can't call it a sin since they are carrying a national assignment which is also recognised by God, the Bible even encouraged us to be subject to the authority that governs the land, if we say it is a sin that means the soldiers @ war are sinning which is not so, I think killing by soldiers @ war is also one of the exception that has Biblical backup following Biblical history because they are protecting a whole nation against attack!

killing is killing my friend!

Be it war, suicide , homicide, genocide, mercy killing. etc

i think you should read your statement at loud.

You indirectly just said God allows killing in some cases. If u are right then there is nothing wrong in Mercy killing.

#shikenah

1 Like

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by joywendy(f): 4:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
davien:
So the question should now be are the commandments moral? ....because no motive behind killing is even mentioned...it's just an order to not kill.

Exactly! That's the problem!

@bold that is an argument for another day. grin wink

1 Like

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by bqlekan(m): 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
I believe Suicide is a sin, so is euthanasia,and in the case of euthanasia, one may be too weak or powerless to end one's life by oneself. Then one opts for euthanasia.. Permit me to call it mercy suicidegrin.. Emotional stress, worries, pains, fear etc leads people to suicide.. Its no different in euthanasia.. And medical doctors dnt av the right to end a patients life whether wit or without his/her consent
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ayusadeg(m): 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
joywendy:

killing is killing my friend!

Be it war, suicide , homicide, genocide, mercy killing. etc

i think you should read your statement at loud.

You indirectly just said God allows killing in some cases. If u are right then there is nothing wrong in Mercy killing.

#shikenah
My comment is well explanatory, do you want to say you are not aware our God is a Man of war? He even initiated so many war against the enemies of His children by consuming them, When David killed Goliath was it counted on his neck as sin? if you say killing is killing that means all our soldiers and police men are going contrary to God's will abi? I think you need to study your Bible very well, I pray Holy Spirit will give you understanding!
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by davien(m): 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
ayusadeg:
My comment is well explanatory, do you want to say you are not aware our God is a Man of war? He even initiated so many war against the enemies of His children by consuming them, When David killed Goliath was it counted on his neck as sin? if you say killing is killing that means all our soldiers and police men are going contrary to God's will abi? I think you need to study your Bible very well, I pray Holy Spirit will give you understanding!
jowendy merely pointed out that the fault lies in your court, killing is a sin according to the "10 commandments"...because no context was provided for the act....So the bible's commandment contradicts itself.

2 Likes

Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ayusadeg(m): 8:16am On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
jowendy merely pointed out that the fault lies in your court, killing is a sin according to the "10 commandments"...because no context was provided for the act....So the bible's commandment contradicts itself.
@ this juncture I will still advise you to digest the word of God which is the truth very well because I will not be able to argue further, so you are still expecting the bible to stipulate exceptions when you have several stories of God's relationship with His beloved @ your disposal, why didnt you say because its not stipulated in 'thou shall not kil' the kind of life and refuse to kill your fish, chicken, cattle for consumption, is mercy killing done in biblical time then celebrated like when israelites had victory @ wars? Must a rational human being be told God allows His people to fight war to defend themselves? Thank God there was record of homosexualism in the biblical days people would have claimed that there is nothing wrong with it, why am not even moved by the argument that mercy killing is not a sin is that none of those in support have backed any of their points with a single biblical reference yet they are opposing those references quoted against whereas they have not quoted any, let me tell you, you can only know the mind of God astouching any issue through is word, dont wait until somebody will come and include somethings into the Bible!
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
^^^^^^ Another disillusioned fellow. They run away at the height of arguments. Giving you excuses that you should ho back and read the bible.

Same Bible written by humans

how you could just let your life be controlled by a book is amazing. undecided
Re: Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? by ratatis(m): 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
Billyonaire:
What if I told you all, that there is nothing like sin.

And what if our mentality has not yet broadened enough to accommodate all?

" I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now...." JOHN 16:12 English Standard Version
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit / Cultists, Kidnappers & Militants Baptized In Port Harcourt After Being Converted / Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.