Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,936 members, 7,838,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Our Constitution, Our Lawmakers Or Our Judiciary, Which Is Our Problem? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Constitution, Our Lawmakers Or Our Judiciary, Which Is Our Problem? (421 Views)

Why We Attacked Our Lawmakers In Funtua, Katsina - An Eye Witness / Wise Up Nigeria Lets Join Hands To Clear Our Judiciary System. / Save Our Judiciary Protest In Abuja (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Constitution, Our Lawmakers Or Our Judiciary, Which Is Our Problem? by wisesoul(m): 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
THINKING LOUD
The Constitution of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, what are its shortcomings? Why is it difficult for our lawmakers to amend that part of it that needs urgent attention on daily basis?

A suspect is not a criminal until the court of law prove otherwise, this is what I hear on daily basis but I think it is only applicable to the rich people or let me say the upper class in our society. Want to no why I took this submission? OBANIKORO should and should not be a minister again after the allegation of the EKITI GATE Tape.
The take of some NIGERIAN Is that He "SHOULD" be a minister if the president still want him because no court of law has proven him guilty, why some other NIGERIANS said he "SHOULDN'T" be a minister because the case is still in court. Both are good submission but let me draw our attention to some great issues at stake presently. If you go with the SHOULD class, then it means that GMB can contest the next general election because he has court cases that is yet to be determine, also if you go with the SHOULDN'T class, then GMB is not qualify to contest because INEC won't be able to wait for him till wen the court will prove he's not guilty in all the cases (of either perjury or forgery) that some nigerian has instituted against him.
That aside, I keep asking why do a man who stole a goat spend 6years in the prison and a public officer holder who embezzled billions of naira of pensioners entitlement (which many of the pension died in process of waiting for their entitlement) end up paying just 5% of his embezzlement as fine and go scot free? The judge will end up telling us their judgment is within the provision of the law.
If the opposition who are crying foul play that the president refuse to prosecute this corrupt officers under his administration, what will it take one of their lawmaker or the their party to bring all lawmakers in their party together to draft a bill that "who ever is found guilty of corruption should forfeit all his asset both home and are abroad since the number votes is on their sides"? Or are they also aiming at performing such fraud if they get to such post in future? If the constitution is not amended for good now, if they get their too, they won't mind stealing because they will find their way out of it the way the present people in government are doing. Both the Red and Green chambers are made up of lawmakers from the two dominant party so why are they not looking at that angle? "CHANGE CAN EITHER BE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE. CHANGE CAN ONLY BE REAL, IF WE CHANGE OURSELVES." Clarification or enlightenment will be greatly acknowledge.
Re: Our Constitution, Our Lawmakers Or Our Judiciary, Which Is Our Problem? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
Constitution
Re: Our Constitution, Our Lawmakers Or Our Judiciary, Which Is Our Problem? by Charlotte15: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Constitution.
Re: Our Constitution, Our Lawmakers Or Our Judiciary, Which Is Our Problem? by nke001: 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
The Ayee Guys are our problem. The constitution is a product of their selfish service n their political godfadaz.

GOD SAVE NIGERIA!

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland E-party Supporters! Rep Ur Party Here! / EMPOWERMENT 4 LIFE! Solar/inverter/cctv Training/ Buy All Solar Products...pics! / 'i’m Not Ready To Feed My Husband In Prison' - Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.