Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Unical Holds 28th Convocation: 10 Bags First Class Degree Out Of 8,120 Graduands - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unical Holds 28th Convocation: 10 Bags First Class Degree Out Of 8,120 Graduands (1789 Views)

Nairalander Bags First Class And Two Awards In UNIZIK. / UNN Female Graduate Bags First Class In Law (Photo) / Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unical Holds 28th Convocation: 10 Bags First Class Degree Out Of 8,120 Graduands by Wisdytech(m): 11:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
By Ekemini Raymond,

The University of Calabar has held her 28th convocation ceremony, for the graduating students of the 2012/2013 academic session. The double event which coincided with the 40th anniversary celebration of the university held at the famous Abraham ordia stadium of the university. The ceremony which was declared opened by, the chancellor of the university ,Alhaji Maumadu Kabiru Umah, who was ably represented by the Pro Chancellor of the university, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyawu, at about 10.30am.

The Pro Chancelor in his address described all the graduands as proud prouduct of the institution, stating that it is very difficult for the university to unleash them into the world. He further advised the graduands to remain good ambassadors of the university where ever they find themselves.

The vice chancellor of the university, Prof. James Epoke, in his address described all the graduands as been found worthy in character and learning. He stated that this was the best convocation ever in the history of the university, especially for graduating ten first class students. He announced an automatic employment to all the graduands who bag first class. Sen. Liyel Imoke, the governor of cross River state, who was represented by the commissioner of education, Prof. Offiong E. Offiong, applauded the university and especially the vice chancellor for the giant stride recorded in his administration, especially for the steps taken by him to established the faculty of pharmacy and engineering, this according to him will help industrialised the state. He congratulated all the graduands for making themselves and their family proud.

Prof Epoke listed the challenges faced by the school to include flooding, ongoing construction of the faculty of engineering and pharmacy, and leaded for the presidential assistance. In another development, the second Saturday of March of every year has been approved by the school senate for convocation on yearly bases. The best graduating student, Pius, Nkpouto Udoh, from the department of Genetics and Biotechnology,(GBT) of the faculty of science graduated with a CGPA of 4.70, bag various awards from various groups and cooperate body, including the university award of twenty thousand naira. Out of the 8,120 graduands, 6823 bag first degree, 940 bag post graduate degree 5883. Ten bag first class, 7772 bag second class, and 1759 bag third class respectively. Speaking after the ceremony, some of the graduands express joy for they described as a dream come true, and promised to come back to support their alm- mata whenever the need arises.

http://brainnewsng.com/unical-holds-28th-convocation-10-bags-first-class-degree-out-of-8120-graduands/
Re: Unical Holds 28th Convocation: 10 Bags First Class Degree Out Of 8,120 Graduands by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
wowshocked
Re: Unical Holds 28th Convocation: 10 Bags First Class Degree Out Of 8,120 Graduands by haul: 11:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
Nigeria is a joke with nonsense educational system,one way to stop churning out unemployed youth is treating the grassroots, scrap the goddamn senior school and make people attend technical school straight up for the nonsense 3yrs,and make sure larger percent are enrolled to polythenic than university, and the tuition for poly should be relatively cheap,Government should halt university nonsense to a hilt,if you going to university you going purposely for research to better the country on scholarship programs,not going there to LA cram LA pour,and the college of education should be free for all cuz education can only alleviate poverty,you going to college of education cuz you love it, not cuz of jamb cutoff mark and you later dish out half baked education to kids,you having a technical school certificate so you can be able to stand alone without searching for jobs,you going to poly to expand your knowledge you gain from technical schools (more like a bsc graduate doing his or her MSC kinda thing), just ND finito.2yrs you a graduate rather than spending age 30yrs you still dey university, wihch day you wan help yourself,family,county?

I swear I hate Africa for not working.
PDP and APC should go to hell and let vibrant minds leads this country and free them from shackles of godfatherism. I think party's should be based on state.

I mean well for this country as a young Nigerian,but this country doesn't value me as a nigerian youth.(last time i saw a former governor campaiging that one of the works his administration did then was buying cars for "obas and for churches" i was like are our leaders naturally dumb or chose to be dumb.they keep hating the average youth the more we speak (where are even the youth? when ordinary SUG election them they kill their selves,they embezzle millions )

after all been said it won't work,anything good hates this country.it will be great but I'm scared if we continue this way it will never be great

excuse my errors,touch phones can be sick at times.I fit graduate with third class but trust me we only have learned people in this country not educated folks.

(1) (Reply)

Uniosun: Secure An Hostel Now Before Others / A Book Review Of The Media Writer - Godspower Udoh / Jamb Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.