Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,928 members, 7,863,277 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:19 PM

AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians (707 Views)

Save EFCC From Politicians, Fayose Begs Buhari / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians / Adeboye Curses Pastors Collecting Bribes From Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians by olatade(m): 6:47am On Mar 16, 2015
THE Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone 6, Calabar, Mr. Tunde Ogunsakin, has ordered the withdrawal of members of the special squad of the Rivers State Police Command known as C4I from all political appointees.

Ogunsakin said the directive became necessary after allegations that members of the C4I police unit were being used for a plot to frame some individuals.

He also instructed the C4I Unit of the Department of Operations not to make any deployment without the knowledge of the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Dan Bature.

It will be recalled that the Peoples Democratic Party in the state had raised the alarm over an alleged plot by the All Progressives Congress in connivance with the C4I to frame some individuals.

Ogunsakin, in a statement on Sunday, argued that the withdrawal of members of the police unit would make more policemen available for the provision of security during the forthcoming elections.

“The C4I Unit of the Department of Operations must continue to operate as a formation of the Rivers State Police Command and in that light must not take any action or make any deployment without the knowledge of the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State Police Command

“The Commissioner of Police, Rivers State Police Command and other Commissioners of Police in-charge of Akwa-Ibom, Cross River and Ebonyi states are ordered to immediately withdraw all officers attached to political appointees in line with the directive issued by the Inspector-General of Police.

“This is premised on the fact that the Inspector-General of Police has withdrawn all previous approvals issued by him, as more men are needed by the Police Commands during this elections period.

“Anyone desirous of police security should re-apply to the Commissioner of Police for a re-consideration based on the merit of his application and the need for deployment of policemen during the forthcoming elections,” he said.

Speaking further on the operations of the C4I, Ogunsakin warned that members of the C4I squad trained in Israel should on no account be attached to any political appointee or any important personality.

The AIG also cautioned that the special police unit of the State Command should not take part in any political campaign, just as he directed that police commands in Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi and Cross River states should commence the enforcement on the ban on tinted glasses.

“The C4I Unit of the Department of Operations should, on no account, post their officers to any political appointee or VIP. The C4I unit should henceforth stop featuring in political campaigns.

“The Commissioner of Police, Rivers State Police Command and other Commissioners of Police in charge of Akwa-Ibom, Cross River and Ebonyi to immediately enforce the ban on the use of tinted vehicles and vehicles with sirens in line with the directive issued by the Inspector-General of Police.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/aig-orders-withdrawal-of-special-police-squad-from-politicians/
Re: AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians by GboyegaD(m): 6:58am On Mar 16, 2015
Awesome move. This is someone who recognizes that the conditional duties of the Nigerian Police isn't too protect the selfish interest of our politicians.

2 Likes

Re: AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians by LagosBoi2(m): 7:01am On Mar 16, 2015
Say Baba

Say Buhari
Re: AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians by babs01(m): 7:02am On Mar 16, 2015
What if Mbu becomes IGP, he may stages a coup
Re: AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians by macpetrus(m): 7:02am On Mar 16, 2015
Noted
Re: AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians by idupaul: 7:02am On Mar 16, 2015
Good move but there is no way he can enforce it . Policemen in Nigeria are known to deploy themselves whereever they want to be
Re: AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians by temitemi1(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians by RockMaxi: 7:36am On Mar 16, 2015
GboyegaD:
Awesome move. This is someone who recognizes that the conditional duties of the Nigerian Police isn't too protect the selfish interest of our politicians.
idupaul:
Good move but there is no way he can enforce it . Policemen in Nigeria are known to deploy themselves whereever they want to be

grin Honestly let's look at this directive with a policeman heart and not a civilian heart. grin grin grin

Those officers will still be assigned to the politicians. This is just about the new boss in town and those politicians have to do it according to his own terms. Forget security of the masses that one is in the hand of God.

Re: AIG Orders Withdrawal Of Special Police Squad From Politicians by cooljude(m): 7:51am On Mar 16, 2015
Nice move but i know those police officers working for those politicians would not be happy because their income has being slashed by this directive. They should make sure this directive is obeyed by all those officers and anyone both politician or police officers found wanting should be prosecuted.

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter From General Muhammadu Buhari To Nigerians / Nigeria: Post-election Crises Inevitable- Daily Trust / Expected Outcome Of 2015 Presidential Election. With Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.