Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). (87069 Views)

Lose weight naturally within 9 days without any side effect. / 22 Side Effect Of Masturbation / Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by prinstek(m): 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2006
Please. anybody with an idea should tell me any side effect of nescafe (coffee). because I do take the coffee without milk, sugar atleast, 3-4 cups every day. Anybody with professional idea should kindly tell me the side effect.
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by doubletree(f): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2006
palpitations,diarrhoea and heartburn to name a few

1 Like

Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by bamidele(m): 10:42pm On Sep 03, 2006
baby am no doctor but u asking for real just drinking wat u are drinking why do u have to drink so much coffee in the first instance please advise , baby can u refarin from drinking coffee and try herbal tea
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by Radiant(f): 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2006
you can have, increased blood pressure(increased heart rate) frequent urination, nausea, dizziness and headache sometimes, increases stomach acid and diarrhea in rare situations though.
Hope this helps wink
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by prinstek(m): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2006
thanks radiant, i appreciate ur contributions
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by bluenubian(f): 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2006
a side effect is migraine headaches,

if u take in too much caffeine, ur body might develop some kind of immunity to it, i drank a lot of tea, coffee and caffeiated sodas growing up, and NO, caffeine does not give me a high anymore, but if i dont get a certain amount of caffeine i start having migraine haedaches, so its best not to get hooked in the first place, yes i can go without having caffeine, i jus end up getting a migraine at the end of the day, and trust me migraines are NO fun!~!
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by Radiant(f): 4:11am On Sep 05, 2006
bluenubian:

a side effect is migraine headaches,

but if i don't get a certain amount of caffeine i start having migraine haedaches,

He's actually asking about the side effects of caffeine and not the withdrawal syndrome undecided
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by bluenubian(f): 7:57am On Sep 05, 2006
@radiant

i don't want to call u stupid, but whats wrong with telling him more than what he wants too know.

u yourself mentioned headaches or u probably forgot cause u googled the answer. all i did was explain how come u get headaches and a lot migraines sufferers get migraines because of caffeine withdrawals
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by Radiant(f): 12:58am On Sep 11, 2006
u can call me names girl i ain't bothered. I can prove u wrong anyday anytime. I'm in the field so i know what shit i talk about. Sort yourself out and don't rely on google aight. U can holla at me if u need some advise too tongue wink
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by bluenubian(f): 1:54am On Sep 11, 2006
holla at u for side effect of caffeine? grin grin, hmm ok,

thanks but i ll pass on that offer,

between my answer and urs which seemed like it was googled, i answered based on experience, i am a migraine sufferer, nothing funny!, and ever since i was a kid, my doctors and I have tried to find out why i suffered it soo, from even treating me for malaria, diagnosing me with severe anemia, hypermyopia, come to find out they were all wrong and my migraines has been linked to caffeine withdrawals.

Am glad u think ur "field" is so special that u can cough up the side effects of migraine without blinking. wow genius, i hope u really proud of ur field. kudos! girl kudos!~!
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by bluenubian(f): 1:58am On Sep 11, 2006
Radiant:

you can have, increased blood pressure(increased heart rate)

ok miss ITK

how do u explain this?, u have increased heart rate in parenthesis (), meaning that you are defining increased BP as increased heart rate. My dear, those are 2 different symptoms, preferably leave out the parenthesis
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by Radiant(f): 2:00am On Sep 11, 2006
I know u ain't proud being a confusionist but oh yes I'm proud doing what I do. Holla at me if u need to sort out ya brain. tongue
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by Radiant(f): 2:10am On Sep 11, 2006
bluenubian:

ok miss ITK

how do u explain this?, u have increased heart rate in parenthesis (), meaning that you are defining increased BP as increased heart rate. My dear, those are 2 different symptoms, preferably leave out the parenthesis
ohhh GOD! Neway I don't blame you. You prolly studying mass comm or some shit like that. Dearie, when you have HBP, you can also have increased heart rate. Go back to your books. aight? Don't know much but when i talk atleast i'm sure to say the right thing.  undecided
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by bluenubian(f): 2:30am On Sep 11, 2006
girl am an RN, and will be an ARNP in 2 years, am guessing u a nurse too, prolly fresh grad, tis ok, i work wit ignorant nurses eerday

A person's pulse ( heart rate) has little or nothing to do with hypertension (high Blood pressure). u please do your research and its ok to admit when u are wrong, i have no problem doing that. this is something i deal with everyday.

give u example, i had a dying patient 3 nites ago with an increased pulse, the med surg team later out that she had an increased pulse ranging from as low as 110 to as high as 120 cause she was in severe pain. she was comatose and cudnt express her dilema. The lady, by the way had a steady blood pressure of 105/64 throughout her episode of increased heart rate. towards her death. her heartrate then diminished, so did her BP
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by Radiant(f): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2006
Excuse me miss, I never said HR is the same as HBP. What I meant was when you have HBP, you CAN have increased HR as well. In other words, HBP can be a cause of increased HR as well as a low BP.
I ain't a nurse and won't be one neway. All things being equal, I'll be a doctor in 2 years and a medical solicitor in 3 years.
Goodluck with you though wink
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by iice(f): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2006
Hmmmm am learning, i dont drink coffee that much but i live around people who need it daily but i havent seen these side effects maybe because other things also contribute to their own illness. But just elimating other factors, i can see that caffeine has lots of wahala lol. Abeg keep telling us more, so i can tell others not to drink the thing like water grin
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by Radiant(f): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2006
All those side effects mentioned, are possibilities. For instance, when i drink coffee, the only effect it has on me is nausea and heartburn. You won't necessarily have all those symptoms at once. It could be any of them.
For those of you havin withdrawal symptom, find an alternative solution other than drinking coffee to avoid future regrets. You should know better though wink

Bluenubian, bet you gon eat me raw when you reply. grin Go ahead i'm enjoyin it.

2 Likes

Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by bluenubian(f): 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2006
Radiant:

Excuse me miss, I never said HR is the same as HBP. What I meant was when you have HBP, you CAN have increased HR as well. In other words, HBP can be a cause of increased HR as well as a low BP.
I ain't a nurse and won't be one neway. All things being equal, I'll be a doctor in 2 years and a medical solicitor in 3 years.
Goodluck with you though wink

see!, how hard was that, when i pointed your mistake to u, which am guessing was a written error, (by adding parenthesis), why cudnt have jus sucked up your measly little pride and explain yourself like u jus did, and u only explained yourself because u now realize that i know what am talking about. the problem with people like u is that u think u know all and evryone else is jus stupid, i didnt come here bragging about my field this and field that till u said i was in prolly in mass comm or something. u might not agree with me now, but next time u go bragging bout who u are and what u are, u ll remember my advice!.

yeah goodluck being a doctor!, i see u not one yet! so u might jus be misinterpreting your text, u never know the real truth till u practice what u taught

Radiant:

All those side effects mentioned, are possibilities. For instance, when i drink coffee, the only effect it has on me is nausea and heartburn. You won't necessarily have all those symptoms at once. It could be any of them.
For those of you havin withdrawal symptom, find an alternative solution other than drinking coffee to avoid future regrets. You should know better though wink

Bluenubian, bet you gon eat me raw when you reply. grin Go ahead i'm enjoyin it.

what makes u think am going to eat u raw?, do u feel threatened by my earlier replies?. if so i ll tone it down a little

as for me i don't have any other symtoms that migraines. and i did not get them by drinking coffee, i got em by caffeine intake. did u here me CAFFIENE. coffee is jus one of them and i didnt start drinking coffee till i was 16 and am still not a regular drinker. i started having migraines when i was about 7 and my caffeine intake came from drinking a lot of sodas, and also caffeinated tea
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by Radiant(f): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2006
bluenubian:

yeah goodluck being a doctor!, i see u not one yet! so u might jus be misinterpreting your text, u never know the real truth till u practice what u taught

Wtf you talking about? being a medical student doesn't mean sucking up only the theoritical aspect of medicine. Moreover little things like HR and BP i learnt in high school to start with. I deal with patients and have seen alot of the practical aspect of medicine with experienced doctors. Don't know how it is in your nursing 'ish but we doctors definitely know more than nurses. I'm not bragging but definitely proud to be who I am.

what makes u think am going to eat u raw?, do u feel threatened by my earlier replies?. if so i ll tone it down a little

as for me i don't have any other symtoms that migraines. and i did not get them by drinking coffee, i got em by caffeine intake. did u here me CAFFIENE. coffee is jus one of them and i didnt start drinking coffee till i was 16 and am still not a regular drinker. i started having migraines when i was about 7 and my caffeine intake came from drinking a lot of sodas, and also caffeinated tea
Sorry I misunderstood that but certainly look for an alternative solution.
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by bluenubian(f): 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2006
so u misunderstood the whole thing,

well till the find a cure for migraines thats how its gonna be, since u a doctor to be why dont u help me, ehn?
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by Radiant(f): 2:09am On Sep 12, 2006
I guess you playing my mind cause I don't want to believe your only therapy is caffieine intake  wink An RN should know better than a "doctor to be" innit?
Neway, because a sudden decrease in caffeine intake may cause the brain's blood vessels to relax, triggering a migraine, the best way to control it is to reduce your intake gradually and not increase it cause you not helping the situation. If you still have headache afterwards though might not be severe after a small intake of caffiene, you can take some analgesics to calm it down.(If you're sure the main cause is caffeine intake then I suggest the above but consult a proper doctor though  wink )

Other main reasons could be hereditary meaning that you'll have to be medication dependent. Another thing is to check your estrogen level cause a high level can be a cause for migraine in females.( there are loads of other reasons though undecided)

Best wishes wink
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by bluenubian(f): 2:33am On Sep 12, 2006
OK madam kofo!!
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by krs2(m): 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2007
well,for me I don't get any side effect from drinking coffee,and I am a regular coffee drinker.
I am not a doctor or in any way a medical practitioner,but I think the reason people get head aches and migraines from coffee is dehydration.
Yeah,I think they don,t drink enough water,coffee,tea and other sources of caffeine does a very good job of dehydrating you,and so when the brain lacks water for a period of time,It overheats and there you go with that head splitting headache again.
For those who are contemplating going into the habit,My only advise is for you to desist in order to be on the safer side instead of on the coffee side of life.
As for me I am past being on the coffee side of life,I am hooked
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2007
@ Radiant
@bluenubian

You both need to quit the caffeine!!!!! NOW!!!!

U both are obviously refilling way too fast, and ur symptoms - withdrawal or overdose - can burn this thread.

Lets focus ladies. Some nairalanders actually stopped by for factual information so cut out the bickering!!! U can always exchange emails or even home addresses and spare us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by ssRhino: 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2007
This thread is like a bad news ohhh, cos i drink like 4 X-large double double per day, na wa oh
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by 9iceX(m): 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2007
If u consume 2 much nescafe, u may KOLOMENTAL, It may b funny friend,
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by waxyweller: 11:12am On Sep 18, 2007
Why U sef turn COFFEE to Orange juice lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed it can cause DICLOMASITOMAKINLASOPHYMOKIOSOTIOSIS , KOLOMENTAL lon je bee
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by uspry1(f): 8:20pm On Sep 19, 2007
Read e-article about "Are You Drinking too much coffee?" i provide the link to help you to think about it.

It details both positive and negative affect on coffee.

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/3-27-2006-92013.asp

I drink one cup of coffee every morning and plenty of drink at least 3-5 glasses or bottled purified water all day. You can switch from coffee to sugar-free Orange juice or Pineapple juice if you are woman.
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by rali123(f): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
An old thread but a very interesting one.

Am a coffee lover and it because it keeps me awake at night and help me read, I have headache all the time but I doubt if it as a result of the nescafe, guess it time to put a stop to it but that will be difficult a bit but with time, maybe.
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by lomodele(m): 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
an interesting nd educative thread esp wit d help of Radiant nd Bluenubian grin
Re: Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). by IndianaJay: 9:29am On Oct 19, 2015
bamidele:
baby am no doctor but u asking for real just drinking wat u are drinking why do u have to drink so much coffee in the first instance please advise , baby can u refarin from drinking coffee and try herbal tea

He's male though........why do you keep calling him baby?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dead Man "Breathing" In Imo After Corpse Was Exhumed 1 Year After His Death / Kenyan Baby Starts Menstruating At Four Months, Develops Pubic Hair / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.