Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs (1547 Views)

Mu’azu, Kashim Imam, Escape Death / How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs / Mu’azu In Fresh Trouble Over Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by omoajiri(m): 9:10am On Mar 16, 2015
Facts have emerged on why Awujale of Ijebuland and other Ijebu monarchs failed to take group photograph with President Goodluck Jonathan when he paid a courtesy visit to the Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Kayode Adetona, Ogbagba II, last Thursday.

Royal fathers who spoke to our correspondent revealed that Jonathan and the national chairman of the Adamu Mu’azu made statements that angered the monarch, noting that, Mu’azu’s description of Ijebus as stingy people played a major role in making the Ijebu visit a fiasco.

Jonathan, the presidential candidate of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was also not endorsed by the Awujale because ahead of the presidential election on March 28, 2015 because the Awujale said Ijebu Obas are not allowed to do so.

As part of his efforts to seek for re-election, Jonathan has been visiting several people, including the monarchs, he visited the South-West repeatedly since the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, postponed the general elections.

The President has traversed the geopolitical zone, holding series of meetings with traditional rulers, religious leaders and other groups and individuals.

Analysts have concluded that the Southwest voters might determine the outcome of the presidential election, as a result, both the APC and the PDP are making strenuous efforts to win the votes of the region.

Last week Thursday, when Jonathan paid a private visit to the Awujale in his palace at Ijebu Ode with the expectation of cow-tow him and other Ijebu monarchs to endorse him as it was done for him at Ile-Ife, Osun state.

Cross section of traditional rulers, community leaders and chiefs during President Jonathan’s visit to the Awujale’s palace in Ijebu Ode

Our correspondent can exclusively report that the Presidency has remained unsettled since the visit as they were shocked by what happened at the palace.

Earlier before reading the welcome address by the Dagburewe of Idowa, Oba Y.A. Adekoya, he was quoted to have told Mr President that: “His Excellency, the man you are sitting with now, our own Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona is 81 years old and he has spent 55 years on the throne. The man is wearing gold and you know that gold does not rust,” Dagburewe was quoted to have said amid applause.

Our correspondent reliably learnt that the Presidential protocol officers had tried to rush the MC, who is one of the Otunbas, but the compere bluntly told them: “I am acting on the directives of the Awujale and nobody can give another order. That is our tradition here, we don’t rush.”

Later the Master of Ceremony invited the Obiri of Aiyepe to introduce all the members of the Ijebu Traditional Council numbering about 45.

It would be recalled that as the event was rounding up, the Master of Ceremony announced that all the monarchs should move outside of the palace terrace for a group photograph with the President.

The atmosphere at the Lions Hall, venue of the meeting inside the Awujale palace, instantly changed as most of the monarchs declined to go while those who had intended to go for the picture, having read the body language of others, who are mainly old horses, had to retrace their steps. The photo session was called off as the President hurriedly left the palace.

The show signalled serious disappointment and embarrassment to the President, as the protocol hurriedly guided the number one citizen to his vehicle and zoomed out of the palace to catch up with another appointment at the Nigerian Stock Exchange in Lagos.

One of the highly respected monarchs in Ijebuland, who was part of the meeting confided in that they are not hungry monarchs who can be easily bought over with the President’s dollar, thus, decided on their stand before the meeting.

The royal father revealed that the President had before the visit sent an emissary to the Paramount ruler to discuss how he would like the meeting to go, a develop

Source:
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/16/how-jonathan-muazu-belittled-ijebus-monarchs/
Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by Mogidi: 9:32am On Mar 16, 2015
APC and pmnewsnigeria trying to play down the embarrassment of having the Obas in Tinubu's backyard endorsing GEJ.

#GEJWINSIT.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193753_groupsendo_jpeg999851bc24f1f849468a9d735c5da2c2
Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by tijjanioyan: 10:15am On Mar 16, 2015
An 81yr old Oba& 51yrs on d throne is never a joke in fact.he needs 2be very very careful &shouldnt let small boys like jona &co 2rubbish d rest of d few yrs he has b4 he joins his ancestors. I highly commend him &his council of obas.
I know there are some part of dis country which their monarchs can even sell their kinsmen 4money. Awujale has demonstrated d qualities of a good leader Im proud of him &im proud of d Ijebus.

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by dre11(m): 10:16am On Mar 16, 2015
Royal fathers who spoke to our correspondent revealed that Jonathan and the national chairman of the Adamu Mu’azu made statements that angered the monarch, noting that, Mu’azu’s description of Ijebus as stingy people played a major role in making the Ijebu visit a fiasco.

Just like FFK, Fayose, PEJ, Reuben Abatti..... Mu'azu has joined them.......

Speaking without weighting their words....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by tp10: 10:16am On Mar 16, 2015
pls front page.
Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by oduastates: 10:24am On Mar 16, 2015
Ijebu stingy? Then you do not know the ijebu.
That stereotype developed from the total domination by the ijebus, of all the ancient trade routes leading to the coast and other ancient West African empires.
This domination made the ijebus wealthy from trade and the taxes levied on those utilising those routes.

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by maestroferddi: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2015
I clicked and began to read.

I just did three sentences and I already know the suspects. When I eventually saw PM news I was like, my hunch hardly fails.

These APC media houses cant get more ridiculous.
You claimed that Jonathan went to the South West to share dollars. You also boasts of controlling the entire region.

The question is why are you disturbing our sense of hearing? Stick to the game you trust will lead you to victory and let Jonathan keep wasting his time and resources.

Why are you telling us a kind of story that touches the heart? Why the apprehension?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by iamrealdeji(m): 11:26am On Mar 16, 2015
But why did Ooni of Ife paint his fingernails blue like a woman? Is it another custom of Ife kings?
Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by hayoakins(m): 11:33am On Mar 16, 2015
Awa omo Ijebu a ki se omo ale (Ijebus are not bastards)

We are not slaves to money, ask the "Great Awo"

Long live the Awujale
God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by reborn1: 11:34am On Mar 16, 2015
[s]
maestroferddi:
I clicked and began to read.

I just did three sentences and I already know the suspects. When I eventually saw PM news I was like, my hunch hardly fails.

These APC media houses cant get more ridiculous.
You claimed that Jonathan went to the South West to share dollars. You also boasts of controlling the entire region.

The question is why are you disturbing our sense of hearing? Stick to the game you trust will lead you to victory and let Jonathan keep wasting his time and resources.

Why are you telling us a kind of story that touches the heart? Why the apprehension?
[/s]

Why cant you ignore the news/thread if you dont like it. Its not by force abeg.... Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by bayulll01(m): 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
I always say this the Yorubas are too intelligent to allow Jona to ruin us,no sane yorubas will vote for jona,cos he's a colossal failure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by bighead1(m): 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
GEJ is so so damn confused

Re: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
I am a proud yoruba boy, I have since said it that yoruba monarchs unlike their counterparts in other regions do not command votes for any candidate. They cannot even boast of the totality of the votes from their family members.

I don't know who the advisers of Gej are, but whoever told him that his dollars will buy yoruba votes needs to be charged for foolishly misleading the president

Oga Jona should just go back to abuja jejely because instead of garnering more voters, his dollars are turning everyday people against him. Nigerians have since decided.

SaiBuhari

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Apc Dominance In Some Polling Units. / May God Bless Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop Oyedepo, Pst Adeboye & Tb Joshua / Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.