Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Reps Vote Against Gay Marriage - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Reps Vote Against Gay Marriage (1785 Views)

Queen Elizabeth Rules Out Gay Marriage In UK: “marriage Is For Man And Woman” / Gay Marriage Coming To Africa? / Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Vote Against Gay Marriage by Sapphic: 3:20am On Jan 17, 2009
C2H5OH:

Pretty sure doesn't quite cut it grin
That's what we all thought about the gays here too. All they wanted was their gayness, now they want marriage.

How on earth does that matter if they want to get married? How does it affect you? The white man would tell you that at first the black man wanted his freedom, next he wanted to be attending same school and sitting in same bus and theatre. Next he wanted the right to vote, then equal rights and now he wants to be president. Does it make it wrong? Does a white man thinking you are a monkey and saying that you are not entitled to such rights make you less entitled to it because of the colour of your skin? And let us not forget that these things had a profound effect on them than someone being gay has on you.
Re: Reps Vote Against Gay Marriage by C2H5OH(f): 3:22am On Jan 17, 2009
Trust me Sapphic, if it didn't I would have passed prop 8. And can you stop the red herrings please.

DaPhoenix:

How you been successfully point out a Nigerian as gay?
I'm not a gay-hunter.
Re: Reps Vote Against Gay Marriage by Sapphic: 3:29am On Jan 17, 2009
C2H5OH:

Trust me Sapphic, if it didn't I would have passed prop 8. And can you stop the red herrings please.
I'm not a gay-hunter.

Enough already of "gay" this, "gay" that. It is extremely rude. You may not like gay people, but do at least try to show some manners. Surely that is not too much to ask.

And it is no red herring. It is just true. When a majority or dominant group takes a person's difference to attempt to oppress them, it is usually justified in all manner of crazy ways. What is a Prop 8?
Re: Reps Vote Against Gay Marriage by C2H5OH(f): 3:38am On Jan 17, 2009
Sorry.  "Homo-hunter" to be politically correct.
I love all people, including gays.

You know of that old saying, right? There are two answers to the things they will teach you in school about the world: the actual answer and the one you write down on paper to pass the class. wink
Re: Reps Vote Against Gay Marriage by SeanT21(f): 6:57am On Jan 17, 2009
I don't understand why the government can't leave those people alone.I know,They know and we all know that same sex marriage is wrong but LET GOD BE THE JUDGE OF THEM!!Everyone in this country is entitled to Life,Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Re: Reps Vote Against Gay Marriage by bawomolo(m): 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2009
Glad that these people have finally done something laudable by taking action against this irregularity before it becomes a pandemic like the one we see here in the states.

how is homosexuality a pandemic in the US. their population has remained constant throughout history. homosexuality is not an irregularity. it's funny a corruption laden legislature is enacting laws against "irregularity" and "immoral" acts.
Re: Reps Vote Against Gay Marriage by bawomolo(m): 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2009
Hurray. . . I guess. Would they now work on more important things like electricity, water, jobs and roads?

that's involves progressive people. Nigerian legislators aren't progressive. getting bogged down by sodomy laws is a sign of this. these idiots can't enforce it anyway
Re: Reps Vote Against Gay Marriage by dean2725: 11:42pm On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

It is legal in the Uk and I believe some other European countries. The thing that PAINS me is that PAEDOPHILIA is so friggin rampant. A situation that that NEEDS URGENT legislation. grown men up to 50 or 60 raping children and even babies with often no consequence whatsover.

Are you lesbo . . . . .?
Oh sorry . . . .what is the time?lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Ten Naija Ways (are You A Nigerian Or A Naijan?) / The Future Of Our Indigenous Languages / Igbo Version Of Almajiri, They Are Called "Ndi Ayiyo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.