Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War (16100 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Lands In Paris For Anti-Corruption Forum (Photos) / U.S. Pledges To Repatriate Nigeria’s Stolen Funds / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by atiku07(m): 6:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
kobonaire:

Ironically your gif features an American .... SMH
meaning what ? american slaves grin tongue

1 Like

Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by kobonaire(m): 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
Chigold101:
lolzzz... Expand your view. Watch stations like Foxnews, there you will see & hear what CNN cannever let u know.

Nethanyahu was in the USA to ask congress stop Obama from expanding islamic fanatism
Clueless Inc is your mode of operation. Netanyahu represent the far right of Isreal. They probably have a discriminatory view of Africans and you are there doing the subservient dance in support of Netanyahu. Netanyahu is simply against Iran's right to self arming, yet Isreal has nuclear weapons.
Did you just say you watch Fox News?? The very fact that they call themselves a news channel is an abomination. They are no worse than the news reporting that goes on in Naira Land
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by kobonaire(m): 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2015
atiku07:
meaning what ? american slaves grin tongue
you may consider African Americans to be "slaves" but they sure are happy that their fore fathers left the cluster-fûck that is called Africa grin tongue
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by kobonaire(m): 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
atlwireles:
Sorry I wasted my time on this back and fort.
I'm equally sorry bros. It is frustrating having any sort of intellectual debate on Naira lands anyways given the level cretinous individuals that have accounts.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by kobonaire(m): 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
donigspain:
So? undecided
geez, another numbskull .... replace it with a Chinese or Russian whose assès you are kissing
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by fr3do(m): 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
kobonaire:
they actually did but they found out that the present administration was not even serious about fighting the insurgency and that there was massive corruption in the military.
No point putting water in a leaky bucket

don't forget that they listed human right abuse as their main reason for not assisting us, it makes me wonder if our military has suddenly stopped those alleged human right abuses considering the fact that the current offense on boko haram is the toughest so far.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by donigspain(m): 7:02pm On Mar 16, 2015
kobonaire:
geez, another numbskull .... replace it with a Chinese or Russian whose assès you are kissing
Meaning? undecided
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by kobonaire(m): 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
fr3do:

don't forget that they listed human right abuse as their main reason for not assisting us, it makes me wonder if our military has suddenly stopped those alleged human right abuses considering the fact that the current offense on boko haram is the toughest so far.
honestly we can never tell. Extra Judicial killings is sort of the norm with the Military and even our police.
You can even read about how an ABU academic (Prof Falaki) was recently senselessly murdered by the police and their failed attempt at a cover up.
The military should be supported in their mission but the same military should also respect civilian lives whom they claim to be fighting to protect.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by kobonaire(m): 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
donigspain:
Meaning? undecided
LOL, my guy, I like you ... you are kool.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by donigspain(m): 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
kobonaire:
LOL, my guy, I like you ... you are kool.
Lol, I have been on NL for a long time not to indulge in meaningless e-fights especially with the notorious kobonaire. grin grin grin Your reputation is vast.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by fr3do(m): 7:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
kobonaire:
honestly we can never tell. Extra Judicial killings is sort of the norm with the Military and even our police.
You can even read about how an ABU academic (Prof Falaki) was recently senselessly murdered by the police and their failed attempt at a cover up.
The military should be supported in their mission but the same military should also respect civilian lives whom they claim to be fighting to protect.

It is really disappointing that the country who you have been an apologist to, isnt a faithful ally to Nigeria, they are face-saving, self-centered and wicked.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by kobonaire(m): 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
donigspain:
Lol, I have been on NL for a long time not to indulge in meaningless e-fights especially with the notorious kobonaire. grin grin grin Your reputation is vast.
that's rite, koboz intolerance for imbèciles is well known .... you acted well son wink
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by kobonaire(m): 7:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
fr3do:

It is really disappointing that the country who you have been an apologist to, isnt a faithful ally to Nigeria, they are face-saving, self-centered and wicked.
{retracted by mutual consent}
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by donigspain(m): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
kobonaire:
that's rite, koboz intolerance for imbèciles is well known .... you acted well son wink
You can't pull me down to that level. I pass your mind tricks.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by kobonaire(m): 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
donigspain:
You can't pull me down to that level. I pass your mind tricks.
I am merely stating a fact.... like I did with my original post. It was not meant as a hook. That is your misguided interpretation.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by ezelous: 7:40pm On Mar 16, 2015
was it not d same US dat supplied weapons 2 rebels in Syria leading to ISIL? A wolf in sheep clothing.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by lucianohase(m): 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
atlwireles:
When will the Americans learn to shut up. Stop saying things in public, who never intend to do.
America and their double standard nature! Always saying something they know they won't do! Hypocrites!!!
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by Myluv1: 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
No thanks Barack, we do not want. Keep your dear equipment, they might come handy when you finally lock horns with badboy Putin.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by sotari(m): 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wat do dis people tink dey ar, eva since nigeria unanimously refused to legalize gay marriage dey av bcom our enemies, dey predictd disintegratn of naija by 2015, dey treatend to stop financial aid to us, dey stopd buying our oil, dey refusd selling us arms as if dat was nt enough dey stop odas frm selling us. Dey felt or expectd us to go ön our kneel beging, bt litle wondr did dey dat God loves naija. I wil advice GEJ to ignore dem, dey ar nt hapi dat we ar wining d war. I do nt d rational behind dir move, dis move at d time d gallant naija army av already recoverd d whole territories is megaly n robustly suspicious. GOD BLESS GEJ.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by chronique(m): 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
They should keep their cursed equipments to themselves;we don't need them. With the help of God,we shall overcome.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by CSTR: 12:00am On Mar 17, 2015
kobonaire:
You are an ungrateful asśclown that is blissfully unaware of how much economic aid the United States provides to Nigeria. Go do some basic research before exposing your ignoramus self on the interweb
Economic aid you say?
Yet they stop buying Nigeria crude and increased transaction with saudi-arabia almost immediately.
You are an ignorant fool if you think the paltry aid money from the US is what Nigeria need.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by kobonaire(m): 12:09am On Mar 17, 2015
CSTR:
Economic aid you say?
Yet they stop buying Nigeria crude and increased transaction with saudi-arabia almost immediately.
You are an ignorant fool if you think the paltry aid money from the US is what Nigeria need.
Oh so you are expecting more aid so that your corrupt leaders can continue to steal even more? Are you even aware of how much oil revenue Nigeria generates that you still expect handouts from the US??
Oil is an internationally traded commodity, if the United States does not buy your crude, you sell it to China or India where the demand is high. US is expected to be self sufficient in oil by 2020 so the demand for imports is declining yearly.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 17, 2015
maslong:
angry They are mad, who gives damn about them angry . In Russia we trust
GEJ till 2019 cool
APC for hell.

https://www.nairaland.com/2148183/gej-quotes-nigeria-problem-then
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by cjrane: 4:29am On Mar 17, 2015
atlwireles:
FROM the United States (U.S) government has come a pledge of further support for the multinational force combating Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria and the neighbouring countries.

According to the spokesperson for the U.S Department of State, Jen Psaki, the support which will come in the coming weeks, will take the form of equipment provision, advice, intelligence, training and logistics.

Psaki who pledged the support on behalf of the U.S government during interactive session with journalists recently said his home government has been providing general support to the forces to counter activities of the terrorists group and will consider additional support in the coming weeks.

“We are aware of reports that Chadian and Nigerien troops are taking action against Boko Haram in northeastern Nigeria, as are Nigerian forces. We welcome the coordinated efforts by the defence and security forces of the region to protect civilians from Boko Haram.
“We are providing general support for the counter-Boko Haram effort, including equipment, training, and intelligence. We’ll consider additional equipment, training, advisory, and logistics support in the weeks ahead, and that’s something that has been ongoing in terms of our support for the counter-Boko Haram efforts for some time now,” he said.

On the recent declaration of allegiance to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) by Boko Haram, Psaki, who dismissed the declaration as nothing different from previous ones, however, said that his country would study the validity of the report, and would continue to study the situation closely. “We’re undertaking to assess the validity of these reports. Regardless of what links may or may not exist, Boko Haram remains a tremendous threat to the stability of the region and the safety of civilians. I think it’s important to also note that Boko Haram has previously pledged allegiance to both AQIM and al-Qaida core in the past, but those pledges were assessed to be pledges of solidarity rather than any indication that its leadership plan to take orders from or allow these groups to usurp control”.

“In fact, we observed minimal operational cooperation among the groups in that particular case. So I just thought that was relevant information in terms of what’s happened in the past. Obviously, we’ll look into this, but we’ve also seen similar claims that are more designed for propaganda purposes than operational engagement. But we’ll, of course, assess the validity. We’ll assess what it means. We continue to watch closely, and obviously, we take any of this seriously.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/03/u-s-pledges-more-equipment-others-for-anti-bharam-war/

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by Independa: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2015
It's surprising dt ds is coming now. Plz let me ask, who do they want to give the weapons? Is it Chad, Niger or .... The very weapons they refused to sell, they now want to give freely. They said d NA are cowards & dt they do not trust d NA. So why come back now. Is it because of d recent good news thanks to arms bought from Russia? If they offer help, who will be d recipients since they don't trust d NA or have they come to claim d glory after watching our soldiers die due to poor arms & doing nothing. Does d US government just want to have excusses to give their masses when questioned?
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by skyra: 10:14am On Mar 17, 2015
Profayo:
Nigerians should stop shouting that America didn't help them.Must they fight our battle for us? We must grow up and learn not to depend on foreign countries.
we did not ask them to fight for us or send troops. We wanted to buy weapons with OUR MONEY, not credit and they refused. Now they wan dash us training and hardware free of charge!!! Yeye dey smell
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by vicben27(m): 10:20am On Mar 17, 2015
CR77:
But why nah
fuckers is nw dat d Army is winnin d war dy knw d'll suport US wit equipment! To hell wit dem n der propaganda
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by olonfioted: 10:54am On Mar 17, 2015
Bleep usa ,thanks to russia and china for helping us out with weapons . A friend in need is a friend in deed.
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by Profayo: 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
skyra:
we did not ask them to fight for us or send troops. We wanted to buy weapons with OUR MONEY, not credit and they refused. Now they wan dash us training and hardware free of charge!!! Yeye dey smell
My point exactly,why can't we develop our weapons?
Re: U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War by Senjuchiha: 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
R u done?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Of The Kidnappings You Read Online Are Staged And Fake - Police PRO / EFCC Seizes Two Shopping Malls From INEC Chief. / Revoke Buhari's Visa Until He Acts Constitutionally - Reno Omokri Tells UK Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.