Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? (4400 Views)

Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / This Guy Predicted Barca & PSG Match On Facebook (Pictures) / See How Fans Showed Support For Juventus And Barca ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
After what I saw schalke did to real madrid in a mighty fortress as the santiago bernabeu(real madrids home ground),I started wondering:'could this same thing not happen at the camp nou,when barcelona face not not a small team but a big-star-studded team of champions:MANCESTER CITY. Guys what do u think? Will barcelona continue their dominance over man city? Will man city imitate schalke by beating barca at the camp nou?
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by themilanway(m): 3:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
Its a 50-50 game for both teams,it will all go down to the team who wants qualification the most.

City will score no doubt,the top dollar question is,can they keep it tight and compact at the back?
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
I'm happy but at the same time scared for barca. Messi is back to his best but I'm also concerned because the team is becoming too reliant on him. He's scored most of barca goals and has created most goals even more than d midfielders. Meaning if mancity cage messi then they have a chance of limiting barca goal chance.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by nerodenero: 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
Kompany & Company Co. stands no chance as it would be very difficult for them to stop Messi, Neymar and Suarez. An early goal for Mancity might help their plight but I don't think they have enough indept to turn-the-table. It's Barcelona's win and it's taken.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Debroslink: 5:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
Keep giving yourselves false hope. By Thursday morning, no EPL team will be in UCL.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
U call it false hope abi? Maybe u haven't heard that anything can happen in fooball
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Krasid(m): 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
themilanway:
Its a 50-50 game for both teams,it will all go down to the team who wants qualification the most.

City will score no doubt,the top dollar question is,can they keep it tight and compact at the back?
It's not 50-50 bro.It will be a one sided affair.Barca will use City to warm up for the Clasico.For the sake of my team, i hope Man city give Barca a scare so that they will be exhausted for the clasico, but i don't see that happening.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
@krasid. Na wa o. Y u dey pray for the failure of others. Well,anyway, bad belle is allowed.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by eighter: 11:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
grin
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by eighter: 11:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
If man city eliminates barca,watch me go to d sun d next day!
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Rexnegro(m): 9:45am On Mar 17, 2015
joviegghead:
I'm happy but at the same time scared for barca. Messi is back to his best but I'm also concerned because the team is becoming too reliant on him. He's scored most of barca goals and has created most goals even more than d midfielders. Meaning if mancity cage messi then they have a chance of limiting barca goal chance.

Nice write up bro...but d question is how can u cage messi in camp nou ? If u do that's abt two players closemarking him meaning u re already short of one player against barca hence iniesta ,neymar ,saurez n rakitic will be doing d damage. Mind u nomata how u cage messi ,he will still ve dangerous moment that might lead to goal. City defence can't hold barca at camp nou for not scoring at least a goal. Barca is very stingy with d ball so They go run tire , + pitch wey big like redeem camp .

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2015
I think we're focusing on the attacking fire power of barca. Let's not forget that barca are prone to set pieces,and u can't even trust the defence. Remember that man city are Sharp in attack. So I think it's going to fall on the rigidity of the defence
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by nerodenero: 11:15am On Mar 17, 2015
Cant wait for Barcelona to balance the equation when Madrid come visiting!
Krasid:
It's not 50-50 bro.It will be a one sided affair.Barca will use City to warm up for the Clasico.For the sake of my team, i hope Man city give Barca a scare so that they will be exhausted for the clasico, but i don't see that happening.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
I'm of the opinion that barca will thrash madrid. But this match between barca and man city will be either a morale booster or opposite, depending if barca win or lose. So,for me barca are at great risk cuz they need to Qualify for the ucl quarter final,at the same time they need to remember that they have a match to play against madrid which will be a la liga title decider. This week will a very tough one for them,but I believe with the present form of the team,they should be able to pull through.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
With Messi back to his best, Suarez starting to score and the lethal finishing of Neymar, it looks unlikely.
I'd go for a 3-1 in favour of barca.
But we are prone to counter and set pieces but we have an improved defence
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
grin barca fans! The only fans with complete confidence in their team. Well,I can't blame them cuz their team delivers constantly not like some teams who can't beat another team with 10 men. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by FemaFem: 5:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
joviegghead:
grin barca fans! The only fans with complete confidence in their team. Well,I can't blame them cuz their team delivers constantly not like some teams who can't beat another team with 10 men. grin
and this is the same barca who can't beat chelsea with 10 men @ Nou Camp. So know what u will say. Do u even know d last time your almighty barca beat chelsea, they can't even beat 10 men at Nou Camp. SMH.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
At least barca are not cowards like chelsea who are so scared to attack and whose best style is to park an entire team in the box 18 all in the name of defending. Well,I would have loved barca to meet chelsea this season. But thanks to psg who rescued chelsea from the possibility of experiencing annihilation from barca. So to all dudes supporting chelsea,pls,shut up,and look for an adventurous team to support not a stagnant team that depends on Luck. Just an advice

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by FemaFem: 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
joviegghead:
At least barca are not cowards like chelsea who are so scared to attack and whose best style is to park an entire team in the box 18 all in the name of defending. Well,I would have loved barca to meet chelsea this season. But thanks to psg who rescued chelsea from the possibility of experiencing annihilation from barca. So to all dudes supporting chelsea,pls,shut up,and look for an adventurous team to support not a stagnant team that depends on Luck. Just an advice

A team that park the bus against your almighty barca team yet you could not eliminate them, with 10 men at Nou Camp, am asking you again when was the last your almighty Barca beat Chelsea, barca have the chance in 2012 when they were the best team in history of club football and yet they could not even defeat 10 Chelsea Men at their Nou Camp, let me also remind you that we played with almost no central defender, Garry Cahill later injured and John Terry got red card still your barca can't eliminate Chelsea, let me tell you, if barca continue meet Chelsea, the result will continue be the same, they will play and we will win, yeye barca. grin
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 12:38am On Mar 18, 2015
Pointless arguing with losers like chelsea fans. This thread is for barca and man city fans and those interested in this topic not pessimistic losers like chelsea fans
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by prinzfavian(m): 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
FemaFem:

A team that park the bus against your almighty barca team yet you could not eliminate them, with 10 men at Nou Camp, am asking you again when was the last your almighty Barca beat Chelsea, barca have the chance in 2012 when they were the best team in history of club football and yet they could not even defeat 10 Chelsea Men at their Nou Camp, let me also remind you that we played with almost no central defender, Garry Cahill later injured and John Terry got red card still your barca can't eliminate Chelsea, let me tell you, if barca continue meet Chelsea, the result will continue be the same, they will play and we will win, yeye barca. grin
the cries of a pained chelshit fan... cry
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Oahray: 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
10% chance of winning 1-0. 1% chance of scoring 2 unreplied goals at the Nou Camp. Barca players hug the ball. Chase the ball and get thrashed.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Izontubo(m): 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:
With Messi back to his best, Suarez starting to score and the lethal finishing of Neymar, it looks unlikely.
I'd go for a 3-1 in favour of barca.
But we are prone to counter and set pieces but we have an improved defence
I am more afraid of set pieces against the barca defense...nobody jumps up when corner kicks are played...I am wary of that..barca needs to do more in handling set pieces..mancity might want to break barca through that means..in all I want my messi to perform his magic at home...the maestro himself...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 6:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
@izontuba. You talk sense die. Edin dzeko gave barca problems at ethihad wit his headers. With toure back,it's going to be double trouble.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by kevoh(m): 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
You know you love Chelsea deep within you tongue when a thread meant for Barcelona and Man shitty couldn't go past page 1 without you talking about CHELSEA. grin
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by joviegghead: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
And what's dat Suppose to mean. How I wish ops on NL were given the authority to allow and reject comments on their thread, this will make some no-life stick to where they belong
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Greatihex(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
joviegghead:
you dn dy make mouth nw. If chelsea catch barca anytime, them go stil comot.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2015
Greatihex:
you dn dy make mouth nw. If chelsea catch barca anytime, them go stil comot.
young man, this barca will humilate chelsea in front of their fans.
You guys always count 2012 victory over barca, you guys always 4get 2006, 2009.
Barca has beaten chelsea more times than they vice versa.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by FemaFem: 1:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

my friend may be u need to go and check their Head to Head and u will know that Chelsea na barca father anyday anytime and again when was d last time barca beat chelsea. Lols.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
FemaFem:
my friend may be u need to go and check their Head to Head and u will know that Chelsea na barca father anyday anytime and again when was d last time barca beat chelsea. Lols.
no sir....u are the one that should give me the history.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Greatihex(m): 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

stop deceiving urself. Go and make research. Chelsea have won barca as many as d number of times barca has won them head to head. Chelsea even have won more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

₦500,000 Bet: The Most Crazy Bet In Naija History!!! / World Cup 2010 - North Korean Football Team Shamed In Public / Gooners! Not Gunners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.