Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,994 members, 7,866,734 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:44 AM

Updated Definition Of Democracy- 2015 Version By Jonah Jang - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Updated Definition Of Democracy- 2015 Version By Jonah Jang (317 Views)

You Cannot Break Into My House And Go Free – Jonah Jang Tells EFCC / Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor / Simon Lalong Accuses Jonah Jang Of Last Minute Looting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Updated Definition Of Democracy- 2015 Version By Jonah Jang by 9jatriot(m): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
If you are one of those who was taught that "Democracy is a government of the people, by the people and from the people", then you probably have an outdated education. That is because the governor of a state in Nigeria has given us a 21st Century definition of what True democracy is. If you have never heard of him, his name is Jonah Jang. In his definition on the 10th of February, 2015. He defined "democracy as the government of the rich".

That definition now explains while the rulers in Nigeria have such distain for their citizens since most of them are poor anyway. Even the middle and upper class do not fall into this category of the rich as explained by Jonah Jang. To prove that it was not just a slip of tongue, he went on to buttress his point in the following remarks.

“all over the World, democracy was for the rich and they need such luxury for protection.

“If I leave my house without security, there is no guarantee that I will get back home safely because as a governor, you have offended some people.”

All previous textbook containing the old definition of democracy are to be recalled and corrected to accommodate this new definition.

Jonah Jang is a leading member of the ruling party, the PDP in Nigeria and it is not clear if the president of the country shares the same sentiments as Jonah Jang, who is his strong ally.

(1) (Reply)

How Can GEJ Try To Kill Rev.mbaka This Is A Lie / Asset Declaration. / Everyone Should Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.