Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan (1381 Views)

EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana / ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan / APC Drags Patience Jonathan To ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
The International Criminal Court (ICC) on
Monday confirmed receiving correspondence
from the All Progressives Congress (APC),
against Patience Jonathan, the Nigerian first
lady.
TheCable had written to the Office of the
Prosecutor (OTP) seeking clarification on
reports that the court had formally received a
petition against the first lady from APC.
The response was that communication was
received from APC and the petition would be
given the necessary considerations within the
ambits of the Nigeria.
“Under Article 15 of the Rome Statute, the
Prosecutor of the ICC may receive information
on crimes within the jurisdiction on the Court
(also called ‘communications’),” OTP said.
“With regards to your enquiry, the Office of the
Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court
can confirm receipt of the communication
referred to since the sender of the
communication has made this fact public in the
media.”
Earlier on Monday, the United Kingdom arm of
the APC claimed that the criminal court said it
would begin investigating the wife of the
president.
“The ICC based in the Hague has sent
confirmation to APC UK, that an investigation
will begin against Mrs Jonathan who repeatedly
called for the stoning of opposition APC
members as captured in the videos released
earlier this month,” it said.
“The criminal case investigation ICC reference
number is: OTP-CR-83/15.”
The OTP also told TheCable that it would
consider the stance of the APC and treat the
allegations as appropriate.
“The Office will give consideration to this
communication, as appropriate, in accordance
with the provisions of the Rome Statute of the
International Criminal Court, as it does with all
such communications.”
In order to ensure a violence-free election,
political parties signed a peace accord in
January, promising to desist from all acts
of violence, hate and inciting speeches.
The APC however filed a complaint before the
ICC against Mrs. Jonathan for her inciting
speeches, having told Nigerians at a campaign
in Cross River to stone anyone who comes to
the state to preach “change” – the mantra of
the APC.
Fatou Bensouda, prosecutor of the International
Criminal Court, released a statement on
Monday threatening anyone fuelling violence
ahead of the election would be prosecuted.
“Any person who incites or engages in acts of
violence in the context of the upcoming
elections or otherwise – including by ordering,
inciting, encouraging or contributing to the
commission of crimes that fall within ICC’s
jurisdiction – is liable to prosecution; either by
Nigerian Courts or by the ICC,” the statement
read.
“No one should doubt my office’s resolve to
prosecute individuals responsible for the
commission of ICC crimes, whenever
necessary.”

www.thecable.ng/just-icc-set-investigate-patience-jonathan

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by GboyegaD(m): 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2015
I bet she must have wey get pants upon receiving the summon.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2015
[size=15pt]Have they finished with the Buhari case on their table?[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193837_2011postelectionviolence_png41989ea1b2012249cc45c504ad8d6b31

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2015
I don't have any problem with that...

But before then, Buhari must have served out his full prison terms at The Hague. Then we can start talking..

GEJ till 2091, sorry 2019!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by saaedlee: 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
What will FFK the nkita or DO the noodle brain say on this!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by politricks: 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
If this is true then i say well played. This will cool down some people that thinks they can talk anyhow. GEJ should be warming up too.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by viczing(m): 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:
Have they finished with the Buhari case on their table?

That's a formality, no one will investigate her

Apc can lie like linus

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Collynzo419: 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
This should be a lesson to politicians that they are accountable for their utterances and the effects it has on national cohesion and security.

Madam Piss can be excused because she is barely educated, her husband should take responsibility for her actions. He should have cautioned her instead of accommodating her excesses.

After Buhari's victory, APC should withdraw the petition so that she can take care of her step-children. Her husband will be busy in court answering to several corrupt and criminal cases .

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by midolian(m): 8:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
Patience Gbagbo Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Mega2010(m): 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
It's sounding like a joke now,ICC no be nigerian governmental body wey Jonathan fit manipulate oh...
Jonathan: Honey ICC wan prosecute you oh
Patience: Dem de crase,no be money in go chop?
Jonathan: na then prosecute Gbagbo oh
Patience: ah shey na you say make I de go campaign?
Jonathan: but I didn't ask you to go blab trash(throwing stones)
Patience: To God I no sabi wen that tin Comot my mouth oh
Jonathan: it's owkay,lets see how it goes
Patience: fooli*sh man,na because in no concern u abi?u wan de see how it goes..if them catch me,u de follow me go prison oh
Jonathan: shut up blabber

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by LoveDecay(m): 8:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
Is patience a card carrying member of the PDP, this case can be easily resolved by expelling Patience and notifying the ICC that patience has been punished for her statements and the case is closed. I dont think this is a big issue, the opposition is trying to distract the PDP and make it look more and more of a party that does not play by the rules.

It has nothing to do with patience but the reputation of pdp and their ability to honor simple agreements.

I dont see this going anywhere in the ICC but in the international community - its a big blow to patience and the pdp .

Bad move mama peace , nigeria is a part of an internatiional community and the same way , a mother would ensure that the secrets and weaknesses of her family and its members are concealed are the same way you should strive to echo in your speeches during rallies not as a enemy to the populace but a mother who does not take sides in any issue but strive to ensure peace and stability no matter who's favorite is gored. See Stella Obasanjo !
Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
ibcas
Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why not finish with racism by Teaparty and English Defense League etc?

How many changers are dead so far or have been attacked by Cross Riverians courtesy of PEJ standing order?

How many Northerners have ICC invited for the 2011 electoral violence?

They should've started with Asari Dokubo why not or even Sani Kaita
Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by okomogo(m): 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
This is just another distraction from the APC, what about the more serious statements by the APC, AMECHI'S parallel government and Buhari's blood of dogs and baboons.
Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Descartes: 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
Dead on Arrival cheesy
Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by mperoakeem(m): 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2015
Chaií. Grammar avenue
Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by irsakant: 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
mperoakeem:
Chaií. Grammar avenue
Stupid people! Buahri killed hundreds of civilian Igbos in Delta State during the BIAFRAN WAR, nothing was done! Same Buhari said "baboons and dogs will be soaked in BLOOD", nothing did him! Now, na Mama Peace wil go ICC? That's tribalistic abomination! GEJ/PDP til 2019!
Re: BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan by mperoakeem(m): 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
irsakant:
Stupid people! Buahri killed hundreds of civilian Igbos in Delta State during the BIAFRAN WAR, nothing was done! Same Buhari said "baboons and dogs will be soaked in BLOOD", nothing did him! Now, na Mama Peace wil go ICC? That's tribalistic abomination! GEJ/PDP til 2019!
Wic Level now... Y u Dey disturb my sleep. Haba. Must you quote me?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion: Aisha Buhari Wasn't Wrong Afterall / Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu / South-west Leaders Regret Voting For Buhari, Blame Tinubu For Their Woes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.