Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,687 members, 7,813,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Road To June 12 Again In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Road To June 12 Again In 2015 (425 Views)

Grand Total Federal Allocation To States From May 2015 To June 2016 / Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 / UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Road To June 12 Again In 2015 by olasco123: 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
The last time Nigerians found themselves in this kind of situation was June 12, 1993 when the majority of Nigerians had a great hope that someone they really trust (MKO) is eventually contested for the position of the presidency. A similar atmosphere was in the air prior to the election, there was a lot of skepticism based on the anxiety that the election may not hold. Some agents of the devil were used to perpetrate various strategies aimed at disrupting the electoral process.
To cut the long story short, after all these strategies failed, they eventually annulled the election even when majority of the citizens peacefully voted for HOPE 93. Hence, the Hope of Nigerians continues to be shattered once again till today.
Today, Nigerians feel the same way again, majority of the people believe they have found someone who will be able to deliver them from the doldrums of poverty, insecurity, lawlessness, corruption, nepotism etc. The same is being experienced after 22 years again as the incumbent government and his cohort are trying to deny the people of the CHANGE that about to come.
Are they going to allow people vote this time?
Will they be able to wait and see the result before they roll out their evil plan leading to cancellation of the election?
Is there truly a curse on this country as suggested by some of our elder state men?
Why must Nigeria suffer this much from her citizen?
Is the western world truly sympathetic of our problems or are they the ones sponsoring some Nigerians to stop her progress?
What will happen this time? I am really scared because if we miss it again it may take us more than 22 years to get it right again
When I read some posts on Nigerian public media, I wonder whether some of the people posting those comment lives in Nigeria, going by the way they make mockery of our future in the name of promoting the status quo.

What is the way forward?

1 Like

Re: The Road To June 12 Again In 2015 by RoyalRoy(m): 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
Nice writeup

I believe most of the unreasonable people championing the cause to remain at the status quo are kids. Children who didn't witness the dark era of 93-98, when there was no middle class in Nigeria ...its either you were with the government....very rich....or you are not with the government ...very poor!!

History is repeating itself once more with all the brigandage and lawlessness taking shape before the elections.

My hope is that this is the democratic era and not the military as it were back then, there will not be an easy passage for the offending government to hold on for too long.

People are wiser now, people are hungry for a change, by peace or by force, it shall come!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Missing $20bn: Alison-madueke Sues PREMIUM TIMES, APC, 9 Others / Allegations Against Jega About Collection Rate In The North East Is Unfounded. / We Are All Suicide Bombers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.