Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,013 members, 7,852,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:34 PM

Cry The Beloved Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cry The Beloved Country (480 Views)

55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria / Nigeria At 55: 55 Things You May Not Know About Our Beloved Country / Pre-Independence Day: Nigeria My Beloved Country... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cry The Beloved Country by proudlykwaran: 2:33am On Mar 17, 2015
As we approach the D=day, Nigerians have not stopped amusing me. Everyone has not stopped saying same thing, 'Jonathan has disappointed us' and I remember in 2011, I asked many people why they want to vote for an amateur, they said they just want him, more so he is a Christian.
But to me, that faith in Jonathan is paying off but because Nigerians are so used to been driven by expert drivers who don't listen to advice of co–travellers, today they want to abandon the amateur driver who listens for the So called experts who have had accidents many times.
Buhari has been in leadership with Obasanjo in 1978, he became a leader in 1983 and he came back with Abacha as PTF chairman in the 90s.
What pains me about Nigerians is that we are not only bad students of history, but very clueless race . Why? Each time I heard people say we are tired of PDP, I keep wondering whether we reason at all in this nation? There is nothing like PDP, but we are ruled in a military midwived democracy. Right from 1999,the military orchestrated our democracy and installed Obasanjo who became too ambitious as not to hand over to Babangida and mistakenly gave it to Yar'Adua(first civilian since Shagari). Did I hear you mention Shonekan, that issue is for another day. The matter became worse for the military when power slipped into Jonathan hands. to the military ruling class, Jonathan is an 'osu' or alien to the ruling house of Nigeria. And more importantly since he has been tendering a part to free Nigerians from bandage they are enmeshed in, he must be brought down. So all military leaders have therefore rallied round to bring back power to the fold where to them it belongs. This struggle Is not about performance, has any of the past leaders done better and did anyone crucify them.
GMB beside the fact that he truncated our democracy, has never had love for democracy. He administration never mentioned any thing returning power to civilian. He came back serve the worst dictatorship in Nigeria's history and never saw anything wrong in it.
Why I laugh at Nigerians is that while Nigeria is set to tow a path to steady growth in the hands of a knowledgeable civilian president, we are again allowing ourselves to be shortchanged by some civilian robbers parading themselves as Progressives who wants to give us military styled 'fire brigade' change. Change is an end. It is never a process. Transformation is a process that leads to change. Nigerians don't make the mistake of your life. Be warned.

(1) (Reply)

Patriotic Yoruba Elites Write............ / Don't Be Afraid Of Prison, Aisha Buhari Tells Mama Peace / Few Days To The Presidential Election. (GEJ VS GMB) Who Will You Vote For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.