Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk (37352 Views)

Hilarious Examination Questions From A Nigerian University Goes Viral (Photo) / Parents Of Nig-turkish Int’l Col. Students Decry Call To Close Schools (PICTURED / 10 Pictures Only Nigerian University Students Will Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by pretydiva(f): 10:24am On Mar 17, 2015
pak:

E be like say we they think similar .

Please check my post above you https://www.nairaland.com/2199961/nigerian-university-students-builds-car/1#31700444

Cos my question is, apart from wielding metal together, what have they achieved really as far as improving technology is concerned. Are they really building on old achievements ?

Or is it just about appearing on the pages of newspaper - when will a Nigerian develop something as simple as efficient seatbelt technology or safer car-lock technology, when When are we going to embrace technology for technology sake alone ?

This project would have made sense had it been done by secondary school students whose goal is to practicalise what they have been thought, but at the University level, you should be concerned about contributing to the body of knowledge
y can't u b dat nigerian

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by gp6liveth(m): 10:27am On Mar 17, 2015
Vicjustice:
[size=15pt]I bet you, that car will break apart on a Nigerian road, the wheels would pluck off and the welded frame work would disintegrate at 50kph on a Nigerian uneven road.[/size]
You think Nigeria roads are still bad as u nurse it. Except you are telling men that your street roads are still muddy like that of Benin city where LG chairmen and the governor ignore them

As for federal roads, that prototype car will sail smoothly.
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 17, 2015
onos1979:
see ur big mouth.which one can u make,enemy of progress.

Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by zid82(m): 10:35am On Mar 17, 2015
This is very good. Now is it bad if our gov
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by ElFenomeno1: 10:35am On Mar 17, 2015
If you are going to build a car, build one.... Dont bloody build a 'go-kart' looking thing and call that a car!
NEXT!!!!!
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by pak: 10:38am On Mar 17, 2015
pretydiva:
y can't u b dat nigerian

Yeah ! I am that Nigerian and I don't need to blow my own trumpet but since you asked . . . .

I am a westerner and I own a software company counter-intuitively located in the North-east.

I can't claim to have the best software in the world but I develop bespoke software to local companies and Govt agencies (especially health institutions) that helps solve their problems from a localized perspective and ensures reduction in incidences of capital flight due to payments Government hitherto used to make to indian and american companies.

There are at least 9 Hospitals on my client list 2 in bauchi, 1 in Yola, 1 in Gombe, 1 in Dutse, 1 in Kano, 1 in Gusau.

So hope I made my point, it's not until I develop a software that will transform the world and is greater than facebook and I can be shown on the pages of newspaper smiling that I can make a difference !
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by toprealman: 10:54am On Mar 17, 2015
Come to Aba, better auto products are seen on the roads we have left over here. They look much better and stronger too.
Why will shell of all companies not release funds for better finished product?
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 17, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

USELESS PROJECT angry

Next!!!!
Not as useless as your lineage
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 17, 2015
what's this?
pooo
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by djblue007(m): 11:06am On Mar 17, 2015
culcid:
In as much as I am an environmental advocate, they should remember to be building cars that are not only environmental friendly but supports our petroleum driven economy.

kudos to them.
environment friendly pls! embarassed
culcid:
In as much as I am an environmental advocate, they should remember to be building cars that are not only environmental friendly but supports our petroleum driven economy.

kudos to them.
environment friendly pls!
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by prest(m): 11:12am On Mar 17, 2015
CREATE THE WEDDING CAKE OF YOUR DREAM WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK!!!
CATEGORY 1:
Stylish 3tiers (6",10",14"wink wedding cake plus 150 cut up for guest for just (N70,000)
CATEGORY 2:
Stylish 4tiers (5",8",11",14"wink wedding cake and 1tier (12" Redvelvet, Sponge or Chocolate cake) engagement cake of your choice. plus 100 cup cakes or 250 cut up cakes for guest. for just (N120,000)
CATEGORY 3
Stylish 5tiers wedding cake with a 2tiers (Redvelvet, Sponge or chocolate) engagement cake of your choice. plus 300 cut up cakes or 150 cup cakes for guest. for just (N165,000)
This offer ends june 2015. To make a booking but can be utilized till January 2016 once booking is secured.
FOR INQUIRIES:
18 BODE THOMAS, BY UBA, SURULERE LAGOS. 08055170819, 08094166041. e: yellowvelvet01@gmail.com. BB PIN: 79C852F8, ALSO LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE https://www.facebook.com/yellowvelvetcakes

1 Share

Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 17, 2015
Adventurist:
Seun, where is the dislike button?? Stewpid man. have u ever made a toothpick?

Here it is [size=20pt](dislike)[/size]...Oya go click on it like you look stup!d stup!d
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 17, 2015
pretydiva:
which 1 u fit construct? Bad belle is allowed tho

So you actually can drive yourself in this shiit¿

Abeg stop faking/pretending & say the truth
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by henry2gt: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2015
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by duruallwell25(m): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

USELESS PROJECT angry

Next!!!!
You are a foolish man who has nothing to offer yet u condemn good efforts of hardworking people. Am sure u are one of those shouting change but can't recognise one wen you see it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2015
duruallwell25:

You are a foolish man who has nothing to offer yet u condemn good efforts of hardworking people. Am sure u are one of those shouting change but can't recognise one wen you see it.

Ori iya e buru
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by osigwemomoh: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2015
kudos to the student .
http://payhmm.com/?ref=78722
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Futurecrown(m): 11:57am On Mar 17, 2015
daddynasa:

First it was ‘Tuke Tuke’, a car built by students of the University of Benin in May 2014. A car that, according to the Media Manager of Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria, Mr Precious Okolobo, passed international technical evaluation in Rotterdam, Netherland.

The car was to race at the 2014 Shell Eco-Marathon in Netherlands along with cars from 25 mostly advanced countries. It was a major feat in automotive technology innovation for Nigeria.

2015 ABUCAR from Ahmadu Bello University Students

From ‘Tuke Tuke’, students from the Mechanical Engineering department of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) in Zaria, has taken it a step further to manufactured two eco-friendly energy efficient cars.

Photos from Uniben's Tuke tuke
This is old tuketuke,Try visit Uniben.edu to see the Urban concept painted with blue colour.

Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by chalyAM(m): 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
Congrats great nigerian youths am so proud of u guys and believe me in no time u will be doing great exploit and for those of u who insults the president at any little opportunity i feel sorry for u because tribal sentiment will not take u anywere if its going to be there is nothing u can do about it am sure majority of u that come to this place to rant don't even hv pvcs to vote jonathan out pls be careful what u say because he is still nigerian president untill u vote him out
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by suptol(m): 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2015
Kudos to them. smiley
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by PrinceGallant: 12:09pm On Mar 17, 2015
Is it UNIBEN or ABU? what a contradiction in the message tittle and its contents. Well, either UNIBEN or ABU, kudos it is Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by SIMPLIFIED(m): 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
In as much as we have a long way to go in technological advancement in nigeria, this is a laudable project, the tuketuke was uniben first attempt and within a short time frame. Ecocruise was an advancemnt to it and it won 1st in innovation with fingerprint id for driver, button gear change e.t.c most person's spewing thrash here can't even change a bicycle tyre.

Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by AkolapoLegacy: 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
henry2gt:
nice concept.....
http://www.moaak.com/network-failure-mars-jamb-computer-based-test/

Call Akolapo Legacy tutors on: 08071519932
Don't waste 2015 sitting at home. Join the crowd. Do what others are doing to get into the higher institution.
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by nkkystel(f): 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
Big Congrats to you!
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Ladybluecash(f): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

USELESS PROJECT angry

Next!!!!
Hw is ds project useless nawa for all ds pdp(people discouraging people)
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Ladybluecash(f): 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

USELESS PROJECT angry

Next!!!!
Hw is ds project useless nawa for all ds pdp(poverty discouragin progress)
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by samoney: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
daddynasa:

First it was ‘Tuke Tuke’, a car built by students of the University of Benin in May 2014. A car that, according to the Media Manager of Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria, Mr Precious Okolobo, passed international technical evaluation in Rotterdam, Netherland.

The car was to race at the 2014 Shell Eco-Marathon in Netherlands along with cars from 25 mostly advanced countries. It was a major feat in automotive technology innovation for Nigeria.

2015 ABUCAR from Ahmadu Bello University Students

From ‘Tuke Tuke’, students from the Mechanical Engineering department of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) in Zaria, has taken it a step further to manufactured two eco-friendly energy efficient cars.

Photos from Uniben's Tuke tuke
the structural and applied designs of this cars are an eye sore! Are they no industrial designers there!
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Hidayatmoe01: 12:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
Good Job!! Nigerians are talented.
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by obec(m): 1:03pm On Mar 17, 2015
nice car.students have been building cars in Nigeria here. but will our government sponsor them? wink
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Geenickel(m): 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
shamelly:
This car must drive jonathan back to otueke

our able presido is too energetic to drive in this bro,
its gon to b tooo slow fr his liking......

old mehn like buh..ri would fancy stuffs like ds,
his aged bones would love ds....
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Oluwaplumpie(m): 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
shamelly:
This car must drive jonathan back to otueke
You're the problem with the polity. Is this thread about GEJ?
Re: Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk by Vicjustice: 1:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
gp6liveth:

You think Nigeria roads are still bad as u nurse it. Except you are telling men that your street roads are still muddy like that of Benin city where LG chairmen and the governor ignore them

As for federal roads, that prototype car will sail smoothly.
[size=20pt]Is Benin-Ore-Lagos road not Federal?[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Groundnut Seller Who Signed On A Graduating Student's Shirt Enrolled In School / Your Top 5 Universities In Nigeria / 16 Pictures Some Students Playing Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.