Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

The Way Our Society Describes Successful People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Way Our Society Describes Successful People (479 Views)

BBC Describes Current PDP Crisis In Nigeria(photo) / Fayose Describes U K Hospital Where Buhari Is Receiving Treatment / Mu’azu Describes Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari As “The Biggest Surprise” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Way Our Society Describes Successful People by 400billionman: 9:16am On Mar 17, 2015
There is this popular man in an area I was about moving to. So someone was describing him to me and after all the nice things about how rich and influential he is, she ended with saying that he did money ritual. I didn't respond but just kept quiet.

Fastfoward to yesterday, I saw one woman who was pronouncing curses on the same man in his absence yesterday saying that after all his blood money, that he has decided to intimidate her and her husband. It was even a very trivial issue.

My own perception of the man is that he is very meticulous, miserly and extremely wise. His attention to detail is super and unequalled. He is not a graduate but more intelligent than any graduate I have come across. Let me call him a client because I later started doing business with him. He gathers respect and loyalty as easy as ABC.

To my greatest surprise, I heard another person discussing a friend that he likes driving big cars such that people assume he is rich and doesn't even have enough goods in his shop. I was like, how does it concern the gossiper, does he know the circumstances under which the cars were purchased ? There is nothing people will not discuss to tarnish other peoples image or to feel good about their frustrated selves.

I have discovered that silence is golden...
Re: The Way Our Society Describes Successful People by Nostradamus: 9:32am On Mar 17, 2015
no matter what you do people will always talk,even jesus christ,they said evil bout him,how much more an ordinary nigerian.
Re: The Way Our Society Describes Successful People by Welrez(m): 10:28am On Mar 17, 2015
We tend to view wealth from a diabolical angle, believing that it's usually a product of occultism. Unknown to us, this mindset kills achievement-oriented habits and breeds stagnation. It's a pity some of our leaders have this 'germ' in their thoughts too.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO Rev. Frank Mbaka Said President Goodluck Jonathan Wants to kill Him / Nigerian Youth Tired Of Being Fooled / The Reason A Nairalander Want To Vote For Jonathan Comes March 28th, 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.