Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant (1369 Views)

Atiku Abubakar's Rico Gado Nutrition Animal Feeds Plant Groundbreaking In Abuja / Gov. Udom Emmanuel To Perform Groundbreaking For AIT Transmission Station Abak / Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For $40m Automotive Assembly Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by dmz1: 9:28am On Mar 17, 2015
From EMMANUEL UZOR, Daily sun newspaper
Onitsha
Anambra State Governor, Chief Wille
Obiano, at the weekend performed the
ground-breaking ceremony for the
construction of a $40 million automotive
assembly plant in Ozubulu, Ekwusigo
Council Area of the state.
Speaking at the foundation ceremony for
establishment of Richbon Automotive
Nigeria Limited, Obiano, said the exercise
was part of dividends of his
administration’s readiness to partner
private investors to create jobs and
industrialise the state.
He further disclosed that the company,
upon completion in 18 months, will be a
world-class motor assembly plant in Africa
with capacity to build all brands of vehicles
including heavy-duty agricultural and
construction equipment.
He commended the Chairman of Richbon
Group of Companies, Mr. Cajethan
Muonagolu, for choosing Anambra State for
the establishment of the assembly plant,
adding that it would, among other things,
create over 10,000 direct jobs for the
youths.
The Governor noted that Ozubulu, the host
community, will hold four per cent equity in
the company while the Anambra State
government will have six per cent while
additional two percentage will be for
maintenance and development of the host
community as part of its Corporate Social
Responsibility (CSR) project.
On the readiness of his administration to
further expand the relationship between the
state government and private investors,
Obiano said his government was already
embarking on captive power plants to
supply 10 megawatts to help private
investors in the state as well as consolidate
on security of lives and property to protect
investors and their investments in the state.
In his address, the Chairman of Richbon
Automotive Industry Limited, Muonagolu,
said the construction of the assembly plant
with a life span of 18 months will, upon
completion, steer the wheels of
development across Africa and beyond.
He said, “this project is an ultra-modern
assembly plant with three mega lines
among which is the heavy-duty and light
trucks assembly with production capacity
for 10,000 units of trucks per annum,
commercial buses assembly plant with
production capacity for 2,000 units and
construction machinery assembly plant with
production capacity for 20,000 units per
annum.”
Muonagolu further disclosed that Richbon
Automotive Industry Limited has foreign
partners like Xiamen, XGMA Machinery
Company Limited and Shanxin Heavy Duty
Automobile Import and Export Group, which
he said are competent automobile
industries that have reputation around the
world as leading automobile companies.
He said part of the mission and vision of
the company include providing affordable,
durable and quality automobile trucks,
equipment and after-sales services
comparable with world-class standard and
to create value and satisfaction for their
customers.
“We are aiming to become the leading
automobile company in Africa that delivers
excellence in production and after sales
services and we shall create over 5,000
jobs for Nigerian youths and contribute
immensely to the Internally Generated
Revenue (IGR) of the state government.”
The Chairman of Anambra State Investment
Promotion and Protection Agency
(ANSIPPA) and the traditional ruler of
Umuoji, Igwe Cyril Enweze, described the
milestone achievement as impressive since
Obiano’s administration began.
Igwe Enweze said ANSIPPA has been
saddled with the responsibility of assessing
local and foreign investors in the state with
a view to knowing their capacity and
genuinness to establish companies or
industries in the state, adding that the
improved security situation in the state has
made it possible for investors to troop into
it.
He said since the establishment of
ANSIPPA, it has increased commercial and
industrial activities in the state, adding that
“the project bears eloquent testimony that
Anambra State is now a safe haven for
investors, which is also an indication that
the administration of Obiano is ready to
protect investors and they will be sure of
their investment.”

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by gratiaeo(m): 9:46am On Mar 17, 2015
Anambra adigo mma

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by ozoigbondu: 9:52am On Mar 17, 2015
My willie is working

1 Like

Re: Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by Jlow2: 10:00am On Mar 17, 2015
dis guy means business, working hard in silence, i pray ur success in anambra state speaks for u in ur political future, keep it up, GOD BLESS GOV OBIANO..

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by egift(m): 10:04am On Mar 17, 2015
I like that. Buhari in Abuja, 11days to go. Jonathan start packing. Haters and agents of Corruption can jump into Atlantic Ocean.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by nigerdeltaa(m): 10:38am On Mar 17, 2015
this is not biscuit factory that the Yorubas proud themselves of. with the coming of Biafra the whole east will be a light for others to emulate

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by agileson: 10:41am On Mar 17, 2015
Good work Willie. I wonder what cars will be made there. I hope they get Toyota. I don't know if Toyota will.let them.But if they can be making hiluxes and land cruisers, that can be the flagship automotive factory in Africa.

Please as we celebrate successes of one state or region, let us not be.disrespectful to other regions/tribes. Even though there are some tensions, they are still our brothers
Re: Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 17, 2015
Keep it up obiano...

Anambra is the light of the Nation.

GEJ- Anambra is the brainbox of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by AustineE1: 11:24am On Mar 17, 2015
there is a quiet industrial,agricultural,security and educational transformation going on in Anambra.Nigeria and the rest of Africa will wake up to the realization that yes,it can also happen in Africa.......God bless Anambra,ndi-igbo and Nigeria! Anambra Adigo mma!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by asadike(f): 11:57am On Mar 17, 2015
I relocated to awka two days ago, infact,I was amazed. To say willie is working is an understatement, willie is transforming and industralizing anambra at d same time. One can now say, anambra is truly d light of d nation. Well done will obiano, my action governor.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant by FKO81(m): 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
asadike:
I relocated to awka two days ago, infact,I was amazed. To say willie is working is an understatement, willie is transforming and industralizing anambra at d same time. One can now say, anambra is truly d light of d nation. Well done will obiano, my action governor.
Same with me I relocated to Awka last month, so many of our people are coming home to invest or seek emploment, the governor and his team are really doing great in all sectors, some times I ask myself where he get all the money he is using to carry out all these developments constructing roads, building flyovers, malls, hotels and others simultaneously and increasing civil servant salaries why other governors abondoned their responsiblity and refused to pay works for some months blaming president for their irresponsibility. Thanks my governor.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: US Drone Equipped With Hellfire Missiless Kills Al-shabab Leader / Why Is Cnn Not Reporting Nigeria's Election? / Why Akinwumi Ambode Is The Best Choice For Lagosians - Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.