Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus (847 Views)

I Wish There Was No GOD. / Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by Recognise: 11:27pm On Jan 16, 2009
deleted
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by bindex(m): 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2009
Recognise:

A Christian bus driver has refused to drive a bus with an atheist slogan proclaiming "There's probably no God".

Ron Heather, from Southampton, Hampshire, responded with "shock" and "horror" at the message and walked out of his shift on Saturday in protest.

First Bus said it would do everything in its power to ensure Mr Heather does not have to drive the buses.

Buses across Britain started displaying atheist messages in an advertising campaign launched earlier this month.

For more of the new:Click here

This is not an atheist slogan but an agnostic slogan. I am an atheist and if i am to write i will write that THERE IS NO GOD.
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:02pm On Jan 17, 2009
bindex:

This is not an atheist slogan but an agnostic slogan. I am an atheist and if i am to write i will write that THERE IS NO GOD.

or rather "A fool says in his heart, THERE IS NO GOD" (Psalm 14:1)
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by JJYOU: 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2009
thank God for sanity
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2009
Recognise:

A Christian bus driver has refused to drive a bus with an atheist slogan proclaiming "There's probably no God".

Ron Heather, from Southampton, Hampshire, responded with "shock" and "horror" at the message and walked out of his shift on Saturday in protest.

First Bus said it would do everything in its power to ensure Mr Heather does not have to drive the buses.

Buses across Britain started displaying atheist messages in an advertising campaign launched earlier this month.

To read more of the news:Click here

I wish this will cause a ripple effect on other Christian bus drivers and commuters to boycott the use of  such buses, maybe that will make the transport authorities to reconsider their priorities. wink
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by ilaugh1: 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

I wish this will cause a ripple effect on other Christian bus drivers and commuters to boycott the use of  such buses, maybe that will make the transport authorities to reconsider their priorities. wink

Thats UK for you - UK we hail thee.
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by bindex(m): 7:07pm On Jan 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

or rather "A fool says in his heart, THERE IS NO GOD" (Psalm 14:1)

A lunatic says in his heart that there must be a God.(Bindex 14:1)
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2009
bindex:

But the WISE believes that He is. Heb.11:6
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by bindex(m): 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2009
The WISE believe that he is not. Bindex 11:6
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by manmustwac(m): 2:10am On Jan 18, 2009
bindex:

bindex:

The WISE believe that he is not. Bindex Heb.11:6
Bindex u wan kill me wid laughter this night grin grin grin
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 18, 2009
Have you idiotic moronic Christians so quickly forgot how Christianity started? it started as a protest which was well supported by the then Roman emperor called Constantine who wanted to change the ways of Pagan religion. He burned down libraries containing facts about Pagan religions and was able to integrate paganism into christianity without any questioning. They killed people with magical powers cause they believed only their one true God should have such powers and also they were threatened by the powers of these gifted beings. Read about the burning times when witches were burnt alive for not accepting christ into their lives.

Now let the atheist protest begin!!!!!!!!
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by SeanT21(f): 8:12am On Jan 18, 2009
9jaganja:

Have you idiotic moronic Christians so quickly forgot how Christianity started? it started as a protest which was well supported by the then Roman emperor called Constantine who wanted to change the ways of Pagan religion. He burned down libraries containing facts about Pagan religions and was able to integrate paganism into christianity without any questioning. They killed people with magical powers cause they believed only their one true God should have such powers and also they were threatened by the powers of these gifted beings. Read about the burning times when witches were burnt alive for not accepting christ into their lives.

You are in the wrong section!!

Christians for Christians and Muslims For Muslims
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 18, 2009
SeanT21:

I'm neither a Muslim or Christian.

How can I turn people against religion and make them see the fallacies in these religious theories?

I'm showing you 1+1=2 and you are telling me 1+1=10 in the bible or Quran? I'm sorry for you oo
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by princekevo(m): 9:19am On Jan 18, 2009
9jaganja:

I think someone is confused here. Please get ur history straight.
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Jan 18, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

But the WISE believes that He is. Heb.11:6

The righteous knows that He is, He was and He is to come, the Almighty. Rev.1:8
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by AKO1(m): 9:31am On Jan 19, 2009
SeanT21:

The Religion section is also for people who do not have a religion. Me sef I wonder undecided

Na so e be sha.
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by oyinda3(f): 10:11am On Jan 19, 2009
This is a very controversial topic. I ride on buses that have religious adverts all the time. Once I saw a couple of public buses (here in the US) running ads for a retreat by a well known Nigerian Pastor and I never thought twice about it being offensive to atheists, because in my mind, it was a free world. Now with the atheist ads I don't even know what to say. Yes it is a free world but the act is unprecedented that's why it's very shocking.
same with gay marriages and christian clerks (is that the word?) refusing to wed them.

If I was the driver, I will ride the bus. The ads are just words. . . If someone on the bus was questioning the existence of God in the bus will you park the bus and get off? will you kick him off the bus? what is the difference between spoken word and written word? people talk about things like that all the time. But then I'm not in anyone's shoes so I can't judge.
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by BloodShed1: 10:12am On Jan 19, 2009
bindex:

LMAO
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by fantacie(f): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2009
There is God, He is the creator of heaven and earth and beside Him there is no other god
get that?
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by MrCrackles(m): 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2009
oyinda.:

This is a very controversial topic. I ride on buses that have religious adverts all the time. Once I saw a couple of public buses (here in the US) running ads for a retreat by a well known Nigerian Pastor and I never thought twice about it being offensive to atheists, because in my mind, it was a free world. Now with the atheist ads I don't even know what to say. Yes it is a free world but the act is unprecedented that's why it's very shocking.
same with gay marriages and christian clerks (is that the word?) refusing to wed them.

If I was the driver, I will ride the bus. The ads are just words. . . If someone on the bus was questioning the existence of God in the bus will you park the bus and get off? will you kick him off the bus? what is the difference between spoken word and written word? people talk about things like that all the time. But then I'm not in anyone's shoes so I can't judge.

Dont mind the idiot driver, i guess he his just an attention seeking fanatical slowpoke!
Refusing to ride the bus, and he will prolly on his way back home visit a prostitute joint to nail a few ho'z
Then go home to downcountless cans of lager beer!
And wake up the next day to throw tantrums about mere stickers
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:49pm On Jan 19, 2009
A_K_O:

The Religion section is also for people who do not have a religion. Me sef I wonder undecided

Na so e be sha.

The atheists do have a religion, and it is a belief that there is no God, they even have a religious body called secularist humanism which believe that "God is created in man's image".  The saying that "If there were no God, there would be no atheists would have been a better axiom to be advertised on the buses. tongue   The only thing you can do for them is to create a childboard like the one carved out for Muslims for them to vent out there anger and frustrations. wink
Re: Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 20, 2009
Fire him, suspend him. Better yet, if he's so mad about it, he can quit.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Aim Of Religion Forum In Nairaland / Help Me Go Back To God / Satan’s Final Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.