Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! (1996 Views)

Edo Gubernatorial Debate ‘‘the Mandate’’ Holds Today / PHOTOS- Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Traffic Spots In Lagos / Buhari: A Leopard Does Not Change Its Colour by wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by dein77(m): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2015
Its a well-known fact that the leopard never changes it spots neither the zebra its stripes. A despot forever remains one, and a tyrant is unbendable to a new set of rules-especially where he may not always have his way.

Buhari's recent claim to a 'converted democrat' can only sell to the broom wavers to have continued to see their candidate as both infallible and saintly. An average discerning mind wont buy into it! It doesn't resonate beyond the APC camp.

BUHARI'S MYRIADS OF REASONS FOR AVOIDING THE DEBATE

The latest excuse he gave for avoiding a debate with the current president, is one of the most ridiculous, redundant, childish and lame excuses I've heard anyone gave for avoiding an activity.

Mr. Buhari said he was not ready to participate in the presidential debate with President Goodluck Jonathan, standing for re-election as the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party.
He argued that there is no basis for debate since the record of the PDP and Mr. Jonathan in government is public knowledge.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178635-why-i-refused-to-debate-with-jonathan-buhari.html

The APC rejected a call from the NTA to attend the presidential debate. It declined by accusing the NTA of bias and compromise. That's wasn't difficult to understand. Next came a call from the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria( BON) to have Buhari participate in a presidential debate. As expected, he refuse. Another call was made from the Nigeria Elections Debate Group( NEDG). Again, he refused. ChannelsTV, nationally recognized for their professional, unbiased news coverage and reporting, also gave an opportunity for a debate, the converted democrat refused it. Does it mean all these other organizations are also pro-Jonathan, if they accuse the NTA of being such?

Granted, the presidential debate thing isn't a constitutional requirement, I believe it offers the privilege of millions of supporters to hear what their candidate has to offer. The manifesto of the APC is filled with promises of paradise and heaven on earth. What's wrong with its presidential candidate telling us in an hour or so how he intends to fix our complex system in 4 or so years, and how he intends to stabilize global oil prices? To me, Buhari's consistent refusal negates his lofty claims to a converted democrat, and by so doing, has missed an opportunity to convince others he can be subjected to the unwritten rules of the game. The APC and its supporters, as much as they support him, should be bold and mature enough to admit it whenever their candidate doesn't do well. That's patriotism. That's the REAL CHANGE.

Why is he running from a debate? I've listened to him spoke. He's an articulate and brilliant person. So why the fear? During his campaign rallies, he barely spoke beyond 5 minutes in each one. A debate will afford us much time to have him address most of the items raised in his manifesto; a 5-minute rally cant afford him that opportunity.

ALL IN ALL

The former coup plotter hasn't change a bit. If anything, he remains cocky and arrogant. I still will cling to my GEJ. The devil I know remains better than the saintly angel that's unknown. The leopard will never change its spots .No amount of washing, polishing and education can do that: its beyond the surface. Its what it is. Buyer beware!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by SeverusSnape(m): 9:35am On Mar 18, 2015
Nice write up sir, This is exactly what I've been talking about, You say you're bringing "change", Oya come and tell us how you intend to effect that change; but no he couldn't, In each of his rallies, the man didn't talk for up to five minutes.
But this is where I don't agree with you...
I've listened to him spoke. He's an articulate and brilliant person.

This is where I agree totally...
The former coup plotter hasn't change a bit. If anything, he remains cocky and arrogant. I still will cling to my GEJ. The devil I know remains better than the saintly angel that's unknown. The leopard will never change its spots No matter of washing, polishing and education can do that: its beyond the surface. Its what it is. Buyer beware!
@ Dein77

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by Firefire(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2015
Mr. Buhari is a dictator and a coup plotter, what else do you expect from him?

Debate ee no fit, na to run to UK go make mockery of himself reading long notes he could not interpret grin

PDP has offered to come debate in APC coven for Nigerians so hear both contenders speak, yet Boohary absconded.

what a height of shame and cowardice angry Nigerians cannot be fooled!

change ko charger ni undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by dein77(m): 9:48am On Mar 18, 2015
Firefire:
Mr. Buhari is a dictator and a coup plotter, what else do you expect from him?

Debate ee no fit, na to run to UK go make mockery of himself reading long notes he could not interpret grin

PDP has offered to come debate in APC coven for Nigerians so hear both contenders speak, yet Boohary absconded.

what a height of shame and cowardice angry Nigerians cannot be fooled!

change ko charger ni undecided

Don't mind that guy. He can deceive and hoodwink the broom wavers; he can't deceive us.

His reason, the recent one, is one of the most foolish one anybody could give!

With every passing moment, I see the tyrant deceiving his folks....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by banki(m): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2015
but buhari attended a debate in 2011 but jonathan ran away?

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by dein77(m): 10:00am On Mar 18, 2015
banki:
but buhari attended a debate in 2011 but jonathan ran away?

Haba, aren't you amongst tthe broom wavers chanting change? Don't you believe in it? Don't you want a change? Do you want things to remain the same way?

Wanna compare our level of political awareness now and back in 2011?

Wake up and smell the coffee. Following the transformation train!

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by dein77(m): 10:03am On Mar 18, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Nice write up sir, This is exactly what I've been talking about, You say you're bringing "change", Oya come and tell us how you intend to effect that change; but no he couldn't, In each of his rallies, the man didn't talk for up to five minutes.
But this is where I don't agree with you...

This is where I agree totally...

@ Dein77

Well, we have been telling them he's got NOTHING to offer. He continues to avoid any opportunity to debate. He only believes in town hall meetings where the Prof does all the talking.

Buhari can never be democratic; he's hardwired to be a despotic leader.
Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by igben(m): 10:08am On Mar 18, 2015
.... lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by SeverusSnape(m): 10:14am On Mar 18, 2015
dein77:

Well, we have been telling them he's got NOTHING to offer. He continues to avoid any opportunity to debate. He only believes in town hall meetings where the Prof does all the talking.

Buhari can never be democratic; he's hardwired to be a despotic leader.
@ first bolded, Exactly!!!.
@ second bolded, Never!!!... Not in this life time.
Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by WisdomFlakes: 10:21am On Mar 18, 2015
You are right @Op. Jonathan can't change o, that's why we need to change him by booting him out with our votes. He'll always be corrupt, and incompetent. cheesy Leopard can't change its spot. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by rusher14: 10:38am On Mar 18, 2015
In 2011, Jonathan didn’t think the people needed a debate because he was the clear favourite.

The tide has turned.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by dein77(m): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2015
rusher14:
In 2011, Jonathan didn’t think the people needed a debate because he was the clear favourite.

The tide has turned.

In my opinion, the debate is more about GMB that it is about GEJ. We gave already seen what's being done by the current administration; we need to hear from GMB what he intends to do for us and how he will go about it.
Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by WisdomFlakes: 10:46am On Mar 18, 2015
dein77:

In my opinion, the debate is more about GMB that it is about GEJ. We gave already seen what's being done by the current administration; we need to hear from GMB what he intends to do for us and how he will go about it.

Let's assume you are right, why then is GEJ struggling so hard to convince more than half the country to re-elect him? If his performance is so self-evident? Pray tell.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by PassingShot(m): 10:50am On Mar 18, 2015
Na wa for TANoids!

If I may ask, why do you need Buhari to debate Jonadindinrin?

Is it because you need a platform for GEJ to grab some relevance? The General is not giving you a debate and nothing you can do about that.

Your desperation for a debate confirms what we already know: that your failure at the poll is assured. grin

I just love how APC is serving PDP their own dose of the bitter pill.

GMB 2015.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by dein77(m): 10:55am On Mar 18, 2015
PassingShot:
Na wa for TANoids!

If I may ask, why do you need Buhari to debate Jonadindinrin?

Is it because you need a platform for GEJ to grab some relevance? The General is not giving you a debate and nothing you van do about that.

I just love how APC is serving PDP their own dose of the bitter pill.

GMB 2015.

Bro, good morning. It is beyond GEJ seeking any kind of relevance. It's actually about GMB telling us how/ what he's got upstairs.

Most of support GEJ but our greatest loyalty lies WHATEVER needs to be done for the greater good of the country. It's his call to refuse the debate; it's ours to talk and analyse it. It's all for the progress of the nation.

We talk for development!
Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by rusher14: 11:01am On Mar 18, 2015
dein77:

Since it was immaterial the last election between both candidates, I don't think it should make any difference now.
Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by akin269(m): 11:02am On Mar 18, 2015
election loading .............25%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by dein77(m): 11:03am On Mar 18, 2015
rusher14:

Since it was immaterial the last election between both candidates, I don't think it should make any difference now.

This is 2015, 2011. Besides, you guys are the ones shouting change. Why continue to do the same thing over and over again?

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by rusher14: 11:15am On Mar 18, 2015
dein77:

This is 2015, 2011. Besides, you guys are the ones shouting change. Why continue to do the same thing over and over again?

If your mind would only be made up on the basis of a debate between these 2 contestants, then you must really not be living in the country.

There are no more fireworks or theatrics, except aunty Patience continues with what she knows how to do best.

Jonathan has been debating with himself all along and might as well continue with his soliloquy.
Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by PassingShot(m): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2015
dein77:

Bro, good morning. It is beyond GEJ seeking any kind of relevance. It's actually about GMB telling us how/ what he's got upstairs.

Most of support GEJ but our greatest loyalty lies WHATEVER needs to be done for the greater good of the country. It's his call to refuse the debate; it's ours to talk and analyse it. It's all for the progress of the nation.

We talk for development!

Good morning to you too my brother.

Unfortunately, in the game of politics, gladiators play to their strength and take advantage of their opponent's weaknesses. So if a front runner knows that avoiding a debate will not damage his chances at the polls, why will he/she participate in one with a possibility of a slip thereby helping his enemy? It is what PDP did in 1999 when OBJ refused to debate Falae and they did it again in 2003, 2007 and 2011 without any consequences.

Let's face the fact here, APC/GMB are the front runner in this election (they must have done several permutations and calculations to know that. If they were not, they would have accepted a debate) and PDP/GEJ are playing catch-up (they know this fact too hence the desperation, the personal attacks, rejecting PVC/card readers etc.) and as such requesting for a debate with the hope that GMB will slip.

We as electorates are right to ask for a debate but the parties are at liberty to honour it or not. At the end, electorates can choose not to vote for whoever declines a debate as a punishment for shunning them. Unfortunately again, our democracy has not evolved to that point where politicians will see debates as a necessity to win additional voters to their side especially when PDP has done it severally without any regrets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by PassingShot(m): 11:43am On Mar 18, 2015
dein77:

Brother, if PDP/GEJ were clear favorites, they will not be begging for a debate. It's as simple as APC grin grin
Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by BobNeli(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
OP are you seriousely demanding Buhari to stand for an hour adressing a Nigeria audience? This is not going to be like a script written adress where he will be reading out but another man's opinions. How do you expect him to figure out answers for the unexpected questions he would be fielding from the audience? What baffles me most is not the fact that he is not mentally capable of a debate of such magnitude but his deceitful nature that disallows him to accept his incompetence and tell the Nation the truth. O yaa! We have seen Goodluck's answers to the debate from his 4yrs administration. What then? Let's hear you out mr fugitive. Your own side of the debate. And see if you are a better option. How now can we count on you? I'd rather stick to the facts I have seen than the ones embeded in one man's heart.
Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by dein77(m): 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Good morning to you too my brother.

Unfortunately, in the game of politics, gladiators play to their strength and take advantage of their opponent's weaknesses. So if a front runner knows that avoiding a debate will not damage his chances at the polls, why will he/she participate in one with a possibility of a slip thereby helping his enemy? It is what PDP did in 1999 when OBJ refused to debate Falae and they did it again in 2003, 2007 and 2011 without any consequences.

Let's face the fact here, APC/GMB are the front runner in this election (they must have done several permutations and calculations to know that. If they were not, they would have accepted a debate) and PDP/GEJ are playing catch-up (they know this fact too hence the desperation, the personal attacks, rejecting PVC/card readers etc.) and as such requesting for a debate with the hope that GMB will slip.

We as electorates are right to ask for a debate but the parties are at liberty to honour it or not. At the end, electorates can choose not to vote for whoever declines a debate as a punishment for shunning them. Unfortunately again, our democracy has not evolved to that point where politicians will see debates as a necessity to win additional voters to their side especially when PDP has done it severally without any regrets.

You've some great points there. It's smartness to play on the weaknesses of one's political opponents!

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Debate: The Leopard Doesnt Change Its Spots! by dein77(m): 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
BobNeli:
OP are you seriousely demanding Buhari to stand for an hour adressing a Nigeria audience? This is not going to be like a script written adress where he will be reading out but another man's opinions. How do you expect him to figure out answers for the unexpected questions he would be fielding from the audience? What baffles me most is not the fact that he is not mentally capable of a debate of such magnitude but his deceitful nature that disallows him to accept his incompetence and tell the Nation the truth. O yaa! We have seen Goodluck's answers to the debate from his 4yrs administration. What then? Let's hear you out mr fugitive. Your own side of the debate. And see if you are a better option. How now can we count on you? I'd rather stick to the facts I have seen than the ones embeded in one man's heart.

Unfortunately, the old man isn't ready for debate. He's doubting his ability to address issues without slipping up. And then we have his certificate saga yet to be ended.....

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Buhari's Son, Daughter & Family At The #inauguration / Senate Presidency: Consensus Candidate Tears APC Apart / Ahmed Lawan Faction Elevated Buhari Above The Rule Of Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.