Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

The B.U.T. Analogy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The B.U.T. Analogy (662 Views)

Lieutenant Colonel B.U. Umar Killed By Boko Haram / Stealing Is Corruption (simple Analogy By A Nairalander. / The Newly-coined Full Meaning Of B-U-H-A-R-I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The B.U.T. Analogy by obosirow: 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
I still recall vivdly when I was much younger, during the Buhari military regime, while Buhari was the Head of State, the strong figure that stood as the authority of the government then was Idiagbon. Seeing Idiagbon on TV then, he felt so powerful; at some point, I wondered if he was the number one man in place of the head of state. He appeared to have firm control of the army and the nation at large. To me then, he was the face of the Buhari administration.

Today, Buhari wants to run for the office of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria.

Take a look at this analogy:

1983 government
Head of State: Buhari
Face of authority of his government: Idiagbon

Present day, pre 2015:
B = Buhari
U = You
T = Tinubu

I guess your mind is already pre-empting my analogy .....
Buhari is presented as the presidential candidate of APC, You are asked to vote him, Tinubu is the face of authority of his government (remember, he hand picked the vice presidential candidate).
Tinubu (T) hides behind You (U) to vote Buhari (B) when indeed he is the one ruling / in-charge.

Doesn't this tell you that there is a but somewhere in the APC? Hmmmmm!!!
This is just mine, share yours... cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Dreams Come Do Come True / North East Ready To Vote For Buhari – Atiku / Inec Champions League Finals Holding Tomorrow. GEJ Vs GMB 0:0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.