Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,907 members, 7,821,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Emails From Readers Of Jwfacts.com - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Emails From Readers Of Jwfacts.com (1146 Views)

Jwfacts.com Disscusion On Whether The Watchtower Is Jehovahs Prophet / Jwfacts.com, Watchtower Society's United Nations NGO Status / Experience Of Paul Grundy Author Of Jwfacts.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emails From Readers Of Jwfacts.com by paulGrundy(m): 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
I (paulgrundy) receive numerous emails from readers, both positive and negative. Here are some comments received by email, or read on internet forums. By far the majority of emails show gratitude for the website and effect it has had on their lives. They are often accompanied by sad stories of the treatment received when trying to break free from the religion. On the other hand, the emails from die-hard Witnesses can be vitriolic.

Active Jehovah's Witnesses will occasionally make comments that I have never been a Witness and do not know what I am talking about. Just to clarify, I was a Witness from a child until I was 35 years old. During that time I spent 7 years in "full-time service" as a regular pioneer and then bethelite. My father was a Circuit Overseer and I was a close family friend of Geoff Jackson from the Governing Body. I have an extensive understanding of the doctrine and procedures of the Watchtower Society, even more so since I left and was provided with scanned copies of manuals such as the Branch Organization Manual.

Spelling is as in the original emails. Why do so many Jehovah's Witnesses feel the need to write in all capitals?

Positive Emails

It wasn't until recently that I started questioning whether it was true or not. I am writing you to thank you for opening my eyes wider. I have been on the fence for weeks now, and it is refreshing to know that I am not insane smiley. /> [I] left the 'truth' in 1992. … To this day I have felt fear, and the constant feeling that there is no point to life anymore, after all I am going to die soon at Armageddon!! … Thank you so, so much for your website, you really dont know what I feel like to finally feel free of the shackles of guilt over leaving Gods 'visible organisation'. Thankyou!!
I just read your story on JWfacts.com and bawled my eyes out, You are an amazing writer and really put into words things I had not realized about who I am and what I am going through since I left the Witnesses 7 years ago. I wanted to say thank you. Your story makes me feel understood and more strong than before. For that I also thank you. Keep doing what you're doing you're changing lives in ways you may not even know.
---------------------------------------------
I want to say thank you for keeping me from making a terrible mistake. I came very close to becoming a JW. I started Bible study and everything. Once I saw the information on your website, and others like it, I couldn’t get away fast enough.
I must admit, when I first came across your site, I referred to you as a "well-researched idiot." I'm sorry for that, as I now know that I was being misled by JW. Thank you for your site, as it has helped me a lot.
I became disillusioned with the Watchtower organization several months back, although I couldn't quite put my figure on exactly what was bothering me. I knew something was wrong but didn't know what. I knew I wanted to leave but I had many nagging doubts and questions. I knew if I left these doubts unanswered they would continue to bother me, even if I left the organization.

The task of beginning to examine the Watchtower claims was very daunting, since there was so much to review. The way you have organized all the information on your website made it very easy and accessible for me to start piecing everything together. Your clear, logical presentation of the material helped me tremendously in deconstructing their false teachings.
My wife and I were full time pioneers, we were poor, and we had no personal prospects. Since we came to our senses, we moved to a new city, we are both enjoying fulfilling careers, we have connected with old friends and family, and are now thinking of starting a family of our own. It feels great to be free!
I can’t thank you enough for helping us start on this path to freedom. I can’t image how difficult it must have been for you to discover all this on your own, but I hope you can really find some joy in knowing that you have helped me and many others like me find clarity and freedom in our own live.
I just read "your story" and was emotionally overwhelmed by it because, to put it frankly, most of the accounts I read, except for your time at Bethel, were very much similar to that of my own. I felt as if I was reading my own biography !
I would like to thank you very much for your website jwfacts.com. It has helped me in a way you can't imagine.
Your story brought tears to my eyes... I relate more than you will ever think. Like you, I hate the idea of being an apostate, and the fact that this is the label we get for "making sure of all things".

1 Like

Re: Emails From Readers Of Jwfacts.com by paulGrundy(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
Your website & JW Survey have been so helpful. I feel like I have just come out of a drugged out state. It’s such a weird sensation to have your brain functioning again. It’s been tiring but at the same time healing. I now feel back to the old person I once was pre JW. Non judgemental, the fear & anger have gone. ... Thanks to you & others who have bravely stuck yourselves out to be condemned, people like us have gained freedom & wellbeing.

Thank you for changing my life in the most positive way. I feel like 200 pounds have been lifted out of me and I no longer have nightmares or deep depression. Thank you Paul, will be forever grateful.
Wanted to thank you for your work and the information you put together. It is sites like your's that helped me do research over a decade ago when i left, to let me know i wasn't the only one. It's very hard to lose family and friends that you were raised with but it is way better living free.

Your website is, quite simply, the best, bar none! YOU, my friend, have helped me tremendously, and I will owe my many years of freedom from the WT to you!

I am sorry this mail is so long, but I have so much to say and I wanted to write to you and say thank you. Thank you for all you have done in putting together your website and for the information I found that I so desperately needed and had been praying for. My parents do not know of my involvement in the church, but no doubt they will find out and I dread that day coming. While I want to reach out and help them, I know they will have deaf ears. I will just have to cross that bridge when I get there. But thank you Paul, you have really given me the tools I needed to find my place in this world, discover a future and open my eyes and find my beliefs.

I read your entire story, including all of the supporting letters and documents and was particularly impressed with some of the arguments you presented within your second appeal to disfellowshipping letter. WOW! Anyhow, I'm so stunned and appreciative at how much I have learned today and though I can barely keep my eyelids opened at this point, after seeing the photograph of you and your beautiful son Zac .... well, I just couldn't go to bed without thanking the man who suffered through all of this and cared enough to put it out there so that people like me could benefit from it.

I have been disfellowshipped for 10 years now. I've battled with religion and what was going to happen to me for the whole time I've been out. My parents and family have stopped having alot of contact with me. My mom talks to me the most, only because of my 2 year old son. But the biggest battle for me was my fear of Armageddon. ... I just read your 15 minute guide and I am in tears. This has helped me so much. ... I just had to take a minute and tell you thank you. Your website is amazing!!!
Re: Emails From Readers Of Jwfacts.com by paulGrundy(m): 1:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
Negative Emails

You are pitiful. You have no hope based on any truth, thus you are to be pitied because you believe your own lies.

Your an idiot.

The info on your site is perverted as your mind is. ... You'd better get it together man. Something tells me Jehovahs gonna turn up the voltage on the bolt that hits you at Armageddon! I'm out.

You have betrayed, not some man's religion, but the only true God, Jehovah, and his Son, Christ Jesus. Your "reality" is soon to be destroyed forever. Since you are an apostate, my loyalty to Jesus and His God, Jehovah, dictates that I have to make this my last communication. Your address is now blocked.

Your method marks you as an agent of Satan. Why not use the word of YOUR witnessing and kind expressions of love and encouragement? I hope you can see that your method is not working. The work is not slowing down and honest-hearted people are still responding favorably.

I have been actively involved in "The Truth" for over 30 years. All of you statements are so full of holes and incorrect statements and twistings of Jehovah's word that I couldn't begin to scratch the surface of your lies. You have no idea the bloodguild you bring upon yourself.

I truly won't miss your kind wiped away from your own decisions. JEHOVAH does not pick people off to kill them when the end comes, you find your own way there to your own deaths

So you have something against Jehovah's Witnesses get the Bleep over it you piece of shit. You spread lies

Reading what you've said looks very impressive to begin with but I have done some personal research into this myself. I can clearly see where you have either been mislead or been misinformed as to what we are about.
what u are saying is not cool just because ur gonna burn and die in hell doesnt mean that you have to pollue other you homosexual you know when the great tribulation comes ill be glad to see you be left with all the others even if i dont make it
*looks like an email from BERNIMORE*

I had no idea you were apostate, my correspondence ends with you now, and I hope that before this system of things ends, that you seek God's Kingdom...
So u were scared to look into apostasy and yet u became one? Smh hope u aren't scared of rapist or murders u might look into it deeper and become one also.

You have fallen victim to Satan's scam. He has convinced the world that Truth is impossible to know, but when truths are found they have to come through long tedious HARD EFFORTS. … Come down off your lofty roof and run like the Devil to escape what's upon us. Come down out of the tree. The time has come.

Jesus has already shown many examples of his power, and love. This is not the time for you to let such things trip you up.

This website is by far filled with wrong accusations. I suggest actually doing your homework about Jehovah's Witnesses... You will be surprised how many FACTS you will learn about this religion that are parallel with history. In addition, Witnessess are the last to judge an individual.

Lets talk turkey now shall we? ... NOW you all the sudden not in it...How bout you riddle me this, batman. Her name...What was it? LOL!!! Cmon bro, you can tell me...What was her name? Satan doesnt have a bunch of tricks. he only knows a few. he cant pull out anyone from the bible itself, once you know it as well as a witness does. So what was her name? Was she FINE?! LOL Was she ALLL DAT?! and a bag of chips!? LOL How many "you cant tell me what to do's" did you say? How many "these elders are a bunch of hypocrites" did you say? … Hey Tiger woods...What was her name?
and in another email
I hear there is a sale at chick fil-a. Perhaps you want me to bring you back something....today I hear they are having chicken with a side order of Gays inappropreatly protesting like morons. i figure that might be right up your....."alley"

I’m sure all you have to say are baseless and shallow, they lack real sense. I pray Jehovah God really helps you to come to have the accurate knowledge of the truth.

And now I conclude ...why do I pity you .....because clearly you are the speaker of Satan ....his right hand man proclaiming what I know deep down in your heart you know your wrong yet your pleasing the wrong GOD ! Now that's pity !

YOU ARE OUT TO JOKE. I DO BELIEVE YOU KNOW THE FACTS ABOUT THE CROSS BUT YOU ARE SIMPLY FLIPPING THE COIN TO SUPPORT YOUR OWN IDEAS. YOU PROBASBLY SIMPLY HATE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Re: Emails From Readers Of Jwfacts.com by cheeketo(f): 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
paul or whatever ur name is, i just read some portion of ur website and u know my conclusion, u av a very big problem. Jehovah's Organisation is the the religious organisation that dat give the most freedom, maybe u need to come to Nigeria to see see hypocrisy and religious bondage at its peak before u continue ur web evangelism. its gud u are out as u cant abide by the rules. tell me which organisation thrives when all members do as they please. groups are identified with something. i know ur type, u cant walk on the narrow road that leads to life u prefer the broad one where u can do as u please, and tell me is the protestant church of the 1800s the same with the 20th century, or will u say the catholic church today is same as it was a century ago? so why all comparing the witness teaching with past years. i just pity u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emails From Readers Of Jwfacts.com by paulGrundy(m): 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
cheeketo:
paul or whatever ur name is, i just read some portion of ur website and u know my conclusion, u av a very big problem. Jehovah's Organisation is the the religious organisation that dat give the most freedom, maybe u need to come to Nigeria to see see hypocrisy and religious bondage at its peak before u continue ur web evangelism. its gud u are out as u cant abide by the rules. tell me which organisation thrives when all members do as they please. groups are identified with something. i know ur type, u cant walk on the narrow road that leads to life u prefer the broad one where u can do as u please, and tell me is the protestant church of the 1800s the same with the 20th century, or will u say the catholic church today is same as it was a century ago? so why all comparing the witness teaching with past years. i just pity u.

Ok, I would give paul this post to register as a negative comment grin
Re: Emails From Readers Of Jwfacts.com by paulGrundy(m): 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
cheeketo:
paul or whatever ur name is, i just read some portion of ur website and u know my conclusion, u av a very big problem

So show me the premises that made you jump into conclusions, and the portion of jwfacts.com
Jehovah's Organisation is the the religious organisation that dat give the most freedom

I don't quite get you maam? Freedom of what? Freedom from what?

maybe u need to come to Nigeria to see see hypocrisy and religious bondage at its peak before u continue ur web evangelism

Would my seeing hypocrisy in nigeria nullify the mistakes of watchtower governing body? And the questionablle watchtower doctrines?

its gud u are out as u cant abide by the rules. tell me which organisation thrives when all members do as they please

Before Jesus died he gave us only one rule, which is love. Denominations and sects tend to promote themselves more than the bible. Nothwithstanding they have a role to play in the body of christ, by ensuring stability and continuity. It was on the wings of denominational rules that the bible survived over 3000 years of history. When rules are now used to manipulate, mislead people then it becomes deadly. Such rules have to be exposed for what they are.

groups are identified with something. i know ur type, u cant walk on the narrow road that leads to life u prefer the broad one where u can do as u please, and tell me is the protestant church of the 1800s the same with the 20th century, or will u say the catholic church today is same as it was a century ago? so why all comparing the witness teaching with past years. i just pity u.

The comparison is to make you and others see that the watchtower doesn't have the truth and are the only unique group as they claim and that they are not different from the denominations you listed above
Re: Emails From Readers Of Jwfacts.com by vooks: 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
Thank you for your labor of love PaulGrundy
Re: Emails From Readers Of Jwfacts.com by paulGrundy(m): 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
vooks:
Thank you for your labor of love PaulGrundy

You are welcome. smiley

(1) (Reply)

A Guy/lady With The Fruit Of The Spirit Or Gift Of The Spirit / Scriptures Expounded:Brethren In The World Also Suffer Afflictions-1Peter5:8-10 / PHOTO: A Church In Lagos Where POS Payments Are Accepted For Offerings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.