Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections (25595 Views)

Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria Amidst Concerns (photo) / 21 INEC Resident Commissioners Reject Postponement Of Elections / Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by dre11(m): 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2015
Jega finally speaks… says there are ‘still a few security concerns’ ahead of elections

Attahiru Jega, chairman of the Independent national electoral commission (INEC), says there are still a few security concerns hovering over the 2015 general election.

Jega, who refused to speak to the press after meeting the president and service chiefs on Tuesday, finally spoke at a situation room dialogue session at Transcorp Hilton hotel in Abuja on Wednesday, where he revealed the outcome of the Aso Rock meeting.

“Yesterday, I had an opportunity to brief security agencies and we received assurances that they were doing everything to provide security,” he said.

“There are still a few concerns and challenges which will be addressed with security agencies. There has been progress with the security agencies in getting rid of insurgents and there are three local government areas (LGAs) left to rid insurgents.

“We are working together with security agencies to get rid of thugs identified in states. We have emphasised the protection of ad-hoc officials with security agencies and they have assured us progress has been made.”

He went on to assure Nigerians that internally displaced persons (IDPs) would vote in the coming elections, adding that the commission has deployed necessary materials for the election.

“We have plans on the ground for IDP voting. We have designated secure places for IDPs to vote,” he said.

“We have procured and deployed sensitive and non-sensitive materials. We have completed outstanding distribution of PVCs to Ogun state and distribution has started in Jos.

“We have secured the International Conference Centre as a better facility for collating results and meeting election observers.

On card readers, Jega said: “The card reader does not stop working at 1pm (the scheduled time to end accreditation); it stops when every voter on the queue has been accredited.”

About 82 percent of registered voters have have already collected their voter cards.

http://www.thecable.ng/just-jega-finally-speaks-says-still-security-concerns-ahead-elections

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by 0nyegame(m): 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
FTC tins.... Oga Jega,i hope is not what am thinking.Meanwhile GEJ till.........2019
i dedicated dis FCT to my lovely friends out there,u guys are great friends.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by resty4(m): 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
We don hear
sai PGEJ.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by dre11(m): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
Its is now certain that JEGA would be at the helm of affairs to conduct the elections and the security challenges being faced when the elections was postpone has now being resolve gradually with the military gaining more grounds and flushing out those boko haram guys.......

There has been progress with the security agencies in getting rid of insurgents and there are three local government areas (LGAs) left to rid insurgents.
I guess our military men can flush this guys away within the time frame for the election to take up since they have being restricted to just 3LGA

11 Likes

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by sammyj: 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
If i hear postponed again, Jega must go !!!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2015
How I wish there's "Just Watching Smiley..

5 Likes

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by saduman(m): 1:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
Any enemy of this nation that is working to scuttle or rig the elections shall not live to see it. if ur answer is Amen hit like

167 Likes

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by kingphilip(m): 1:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
please the postponement have do bikonu ejoo dan allah
even though the former postponement was a blessing in disguise (that postponement calmed alot of nerves and fears that people are no longer thinking of travelling unlike wen it should have held previously), I'm sure this won't b acceptable

2 Likes

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by ijustdey: 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
He went on to assure Nigerians that internally
displaced persons (IDPs) would vote in the
coming elections, adding that the commission has
deployed necessary materials for the election

I can confidently say that INEC is well better prepared than the were before the election and with almost 83% collection of PVC.......

this election will hold on March 28.

15 Likes

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by ijustdey: 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
kingphilip:
please the postponement have do bikonu ejoo dan allah
even though the former postponement was a blessing in disguise (that postponement calmed alot of nerves and fears that people are no longer thinking of travelling unlike wen it should have held previously), I'm sure this won't b acceptable

there won't be any postponement again.....
the once allay fear of not using PVC is the main thing on people mind now. because PVC will checkmate the PDP who has perfected the art of rigging and wants to rig

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by fallout87: 2:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yet APC was trying to force the election to go a month ago!

Desperados for power.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by feelamong(m): 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Even if they do the Election next year APC and GMB will still win!

No Jupiter can save GEJ in this one! Even if they don't do the elections in the # states with Insecurity issues, APC and GMB will still win!

Jona just dey pack your kaya dey put inside carton small small! Change has come!

Sai Buhari!!

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by PassingShot(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
How I wish there's "Just Watching Smiley..

Make I help you grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Make I help you grin grin
uaray genius jare. Abeg chop e-knuckle..

4 Likes

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by Igwe9(m): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hmm, Better late than sorry, let the will of God be done. i think election should not be conducted in the violent prone areas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by izenco2005(m): 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
feelamong:
Even if they do the Election next year APC and GMB will still win!

No Jupiter can save GEJ in this one! Even if they don't do the elections in the # states with Insecurity issues, APC and GMB will still win!

Jona just dey pack your kaya dey put inside carton small small! Change has come!

Sai Buhari!!
see u mouth

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by aksome(m): 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
embarassedJega I beg u in d name of God don't take us back to where we don't want,allow us to vote n take nigeria to d next level.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by dein77(m): 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
Please, let FG handle the situation and let the elections go on as scheduled!
Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by Firefire(m): 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
..........what................... ?

[size=18pt]Enough of postponement, I am tired of this irritating APC noises. [/size] angry

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by dein77(m): 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
Firefire:
..........what................... ?

Enough of postponement, I am tired of this irritating APC noises. angry

Hahaha...they are really good in noise making....but I'm really enjoying the whole show shaaa.....

elections must hold....

10 Likes

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by dunkem21(m): 3:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
What security concerns again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
[b] undecided

election fever dey catch mr GEJ grin

We voted massively for you in 2011 without much fuss

Then there were no PDPigz on nairaland to sell your candidacy with lies and propaganda like we have now

Mr President you decieved us with your meekness and shoeless stories. In 2011, 4 years seem like forever to you hence you never bothered about the multitude of poor Nigerians who queued in the sun to vote you in nor those who protested on your behalf during the Turai days.

You empowered millitants and made OPC vagabonds billionaires while graduates are rendered jobless.

You made us realize it is better to carry arms against the state and get amnesty rather than waste so many years in school.

You should blame yourself for making Buhari who Nigerians ignored since 2003 look like an Angel Nigerians are now running to for salvation. You would have won this elections without the current fears had you fulfill your campaign promises.

My regards to the king of Otueke when you relocate by may 29th. Never again shall we vote a shoeless man

Sai buhari[/b]

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by korel9: 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
Lobatan undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by Bonapart(m): 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
Jega must go

1 Like

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by igbsam(m): 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
e don happen. I was expecting this.

The next news: Election Has been postponed.

Gbagbo treatment on the way

GEJ Must Go.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
embarassed another excuse to prosponed the election....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by RAO1(m): 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
we go sha vote?.......I don remove moi PVC from moi purse self,,, so, e no go lost... na inside inside somewhere i put am... anytime , anyday
#GMB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by 2busy: 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
FROM IFE OYEDELE. Good people of Nija, Jega will be removed before Saturday. Confirmed ooo. PDP have decided to go for broke and they don't care whatever happens. The PDP stalwarts, The President & Service Chiefs have concluded at a meeting going on in Abuja right now after excusing Jega from the meeting. Let's all well meaning Nigerians rise up against this junta under civilian disguise. It's now time to fight for the future of our country not by guns or matches, but by collectively raising our voices and embark on massive protest just as done in Tunisia against the Terror that want to remain in power by crook. Please rebroadcast this message . We will keep you posted as events unfold.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by slimzypink(f): 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
Election must hold oo.. I want Jonathan out Asap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections by ped007(m): 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
Now lets analyse this issue.
INEC is now better prepared to conduct this election, (all thanks to the earlier postponement.) this not withstanding, I don't want to hear any other postponement rather, all I want to hear is post election reports.
The military should continue their good work.
God bless everyone that wishes Nigeria well!
That's ME first!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo:another Nigerian Soldier Dies In Action. / APC Caretaker Committee Visits Tinubu / APGA Nominates Dr. Onyekachukwu Ibezim As Running Mate To Prof Chukwuma Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.