Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading (1544 Views)

See The 7 Things I Did In Order To Understand My Lecturer In Class / 2face Honored With Masters While I'm Here For 7years In Med. School / How Do You Read To Understand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by valmunich(m): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
I know this might seem awkward but it is what it is. It happens that whenever I'm reading and anything gospel music gets to my ear, even from a far distance so far my ears can hear them, everything ceases to flow. I lose concentration quick and nothing seems to be understood any longer even if I try hard to.

Hence, to counter the force of the gospel music that militates against my concentration and understanding, I usually have to employ the services of my headset to first block the sound of the gospel music and secondly to help produce some secular music (whether cool or clamorous) that helps my brain relax and connect again.

I don't know if this is a kinda reading disorder that should be corrected or some normal socio-psychological phenomenon because this has only succeeded in causing lots of squabbles between me and 'em gospel music lovers around me, especially times I don't have my headset around.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by Opioko: 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
Atheist alert!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by Glowstone(m): 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2015
Oboy You be winsh in the making ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by Aspiregreat: 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2015
Glowstone:
And that's funnysmiley

dude you may need deliverance,cus mine z the opposite esp OCEANS -HILLSONG,
the earlier the better?
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by valmunich(m): 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2015
Glowstone:
LOL. . . Really?

I think it's normal. . . You think it's a disorder?
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by valmunich(m): 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2015
Opioko:
Atheist alert!
It's not about the non-belief in God bro. . .
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by valmunich(m): 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2015
Aspiregreat:

And that's funnysmiley

dude you may need deliverance,cus mine z the opposite esp OCEANS -HILLSONG,
the earlier the better?
You have a dislike for secular music ¿
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by Opioko: 8:51am On Apr 02, 2015
valmunich:

It's not about the non-belief in God bro. . .
Seems like it to me bro.

You can't just wake up one day and have that level of dislike for gospel music without attributing nothing to it. sad
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 05, 2015
Wow! Still experiencing it??
@Valmunich.
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by valmunich(m): 12:11am On Jun 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Wow! Still experiencing it?? @Valmunich.
lol... I still, ,, you surprised?
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 05, 2015
valmunich:

lol... I still, ,, you surprised?
Yea, kind of.
I remember when I was in school I wasn't comfortable with listening to music while reading. As in at all!! Even if the sound was coming from a distance. It always got me wondering how guys are able to read with their earpiece plugged in the ear. I started learning to read with it in my final year and to my greatest surprise, I adapted easily. I had to take my earpiece along when I'm going to read cos it seemed it 'flowed' better with the stuff. cheesy

But yours is a particular type of music - gospel. Really strange. Have you made conscious effort as regards trying to flow with it?

1 Like

Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by profem1(m): 12:27am On Jun 05, 2015
e lei osoju lasan. man you really need help.
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by valmunich(m): 12:28am On Jun 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Yea, kind of.
I remember when I was in school I wasn't comfortable with listening to music while reading. As in at all!! Even if the sound was coming from a distance. It always got me wondering how guys are able to read with their earpiece plugged in the ear. I started learning to read with it in my final year and to my greatest surprise, I adapted easily. I had to take my earpiece along when I'm going to read cos it seemed it 'flowed' better with the stuff. cheesy

But yours is a particular type of music - gospel. Really strange. Have you made conscious effort as regards trying to flow with it?
lol... my type of nigga...

Nahhh, , I'm not making any effort towards flowing... don't like anything gospel one bit unless a few meaningful ones, about one or two.... the rest seems meaningless to me
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 05, 2015
valmunich:

lol... my type of nigga...

Nahhh, , I'm not making any effort towards flowing... don't like anything gospel one bit unless a few meaningful ones, about one or two.... the rest seems meaningless to me
That explains it. We are wired in such a way that, once an ideology or information registers in our subconscious, our system naturally have this "No! No!! No!!" reaction when it perceives something it has concluded meaningless and has decided to see it that way.

Speaks volumes about the mind and the spirit of man.
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by valmunich(m): 6:13am On Jun 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
That explains it. We are wired in such a way that, once an ideology or information registers in our subconscious, our system naturally have this "No! No!! No!!" reaction when it perceives something it has concluded meaningless and has decided to see it that way.

Speaks volumes about the mind and the spirit of man.
Yea... guess that's exactly my case ,,, I'm not really the religious type.
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 05, 2015
valmunich:

Yea... guess that's exactly my case ,,, I'm not really the religious type.
That's it.
I guess the only solution to it is to start replacing some beliefs.
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by Opioko: 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
Glowstone:
Quite hilarious grin

Cc lalasticlala
Re: I Cease To Understand Whenever A Gospel Music Comes Up While I'm Reading by marieolae(f): 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
Loool
Demonic spirits are flying into your life cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Photo: UDUS Student Slumps, Dies Writing Final Exams / Internet Do More Harm Than Good To Nigerian's Child. / NNPC/MPN Undergraduate Ongoing Scholarship 2017/2018 - Latest News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.