Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? (733 Views)

Buhari: Why Tinubu Is Better As An Ally Than Opponent / We Are Better As One United Nation - Murray-Bruce / Obasanjo Presents Soludo As Finance Minister, Tinubu Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by selfemployed(m): 3:26am On Mar 19, 2015
is okonjo iweala getting things right to improve our economy? if not, what could u have done better?
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by centmichael101(m): 3:37am On Mar 19, 2015
Start sellin weed. ewu
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by selfemployed(m): 3:41am On Mar 19, 2015
centmichael101:
Start sellin weed. ewu

hw will that improve d economy?
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by Badgers14: 4:07am On Mar 19, 2015
grin
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by harrysterol(m): 4:24am On Mar 19, 2015
Slice the budget of every dam minister
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 19, 2015
1. Cut recurrent expenditure, especially those of legislatures and political appointees by 60%.

2. Divert the revenue from 1 above into capital expenditure.

3. If budget is passed, ensure that over 95% implementation is achieved.

4. Carry out independent and uncompromised onsite investigations to ensure that earmarked projects are completed to the letter.

5. Promote fiscal policies that encourage production of goods and services in Nigeria and consumption of same.
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by ugia(f): 6:32am On Mar 19, 2015
I will tell the citizens the truth about Nigerian economy which is currently experiencing zzzzzzzz.
2. Advice the President to prune his over bloated cabinet and cut recurrent expenditure by half.
3. Stabilize the Nigerian currency. This free fall must stop.
4. Discourage the use of foreign currencies locally by our politicians.

5. Discourage borrowing for frivolous reasons .
6. Face the serious job of salvaging the economy instead of gallivanting all over the place campaigning for a government that is doomed to fail.
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by mikolo80: 8:38am On Mar 19, 2015
nothing you can do once no.1 is corrupt.
see what happened when she started publishing federal allocation(obj sacked her)
if i were her i would steal my own "share" and distribute to the "owners"(farmers,students,manufacturesr)
get elected to the presidency and THEN crackdown on corruption

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by selfemployed(m): 10:12am On Mar 19, 2015
mikolo80:
nothing you can do once no.1 is corrupt.
see what happened when she started publishing federal allocation(obj sacked her)
if i were her i would steal my own "share" and distribute to the "owners"(farmers,students,manufacturesr)
get elected to the presidency and THEN crackdown on corruption

somebody said we don't have strong laws against corruption and its very difficult for any democratic government to tackle corruption in nigeria. is that correct? was this properly addressed at the national conference?
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by mikolo80: 10:51am On Mar 19, 2015
selfemployed:

somebody said we don't have strong laws against corruption and its very difficult for any democratic government to tackle corruption in nigeria. is that correct? was this properly addressed at the national conference?
NOT MUCH WRONG WITH OUR LAWS.
EVERTHING WRONG WITH US(LAW USERS)
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by selfemployed(m): 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
mikolo80:
NOT MUCH WRONG WITH OUR LAWS.
EVERTHING WRONG WITH US(LAW USERS)

nothing is wrong with the immunity on governors and law makers? who will check them when they r corrupt?
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by mikolo80: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
selfemployed:

nothing is wrong with the immunity on governors and law makers? who will check them when they r corrupt?
governors have immunity for 8yrs at most.no lawmaker does.neither do the ministers or commissioners.there is also the power of recall for those truly dedicated to making our leaders accountable unlike me and you just keyboard warrioring here
lots of ways to skin a cat
Re: What Will You Do Better As Nigeria's Finance Minister? by mikolo80: 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2015
selfemployed:

we got laws. we simply not ready to fight for our privileges

(1) (Reply)

"The Election Is All Over" by C. Don Adinuba / How Do I Register From Start For A PVC (just Turned 18) / Fayose More Desperate Than Jonathan – Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.