Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly (1333 Views)

See Dino Melaye Playing Football On The Field As He Empowers Kogi West People(pi / 10 APC Senators Pledge Votes For Ekweremadu / RiversRerun: 93-Year-Old Grandma Votes For PDP (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by LRNZH(m): 3:54am On Mar 19, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2194007_gej_jpeg992928adad11461598fca84307c51f06

A group, the South West Peoples Assembly, has said the visit of President Goodluck Jonathan and the report of dollars exchanging hands at the palaces of traditional rulers are not enough to guarantee votes for the President in the South West

The assembly said the President must instead, be sincere with the region, noting that the people of the area had been schemed from strategic positions or appointments under Jonathan’s leadership.

The convener of the assembly, Mr. Lai Omotola, stated this in a statement on Wednesday, saying out of the six geo-political zones in the country, the South West “has the most sophisticated voters that cannot be bought or influenced by traditional rulers.”

He said, “In the South West, dollars will not impact much, but those who have stood by the Yorubas, who can be trusted, who can put Yoruba on the right pedestal. Integrity has electoral weight in Yoruba land.”

Omotola added that unless there were evidence on ground that the region would no longer be relegated in the country, the shifting of campaign machinery into South West to win votes would be “nothing, but an exercise in futility.”

He said, “If the president is sincere with the South West people, then what happened to key appointments like Central Bank of Nigeria, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency. Sovereign Wealth Fund, Debt Management Office, Nigerian Ports Authority and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, among others?”

He explained that the support the president enjoyed from the South West in 2011, was because an average voter was able to connect with “his story of not having shoes to go to school. We connected with this story and we were inspired to vote for him.”

Omotola added, “Historically, the South West has not been a region that relies on government to survive. We have been trained and brought up to depend on our commerce and development of our economy. For politics, we engage those found to be a credible voice for justice and fairness.

“It is not expected that we have dissenting voices among us. It has been the case since the time of Chief Obafemi Awolowo.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/obas-cant-guarantee-votes-for-jonathan-swpa/

1 Like

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by garrix8: 4:04am On Mar 19, 2015
Dem don scam Jonadunce ooo..

Yoruba people sha, una nor get conscience??

Diaris Goduooooo..!!!

cheesy

Lest I forget,

Sai Baba

Sai Buhari

#ihavedecided

4 Likes

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by Demmzy15(m): 4:14am On Mar 19, 2015
No wonder jona visit atiku, hin no say hope no dey!! grin
I just pity some South-South and South-East NLs who try to analyze Southwest politics by trying to give Jona hope!

But let's take a chill pill

And

Vote for #CHANGE

#GMBPYO

Yorubas #ScamJona

grin grin grin smiley
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by clevvermind(m): 4:17am On Mar 19, 2015
Jonathan till 2019. Nothing will change that.

1 Like

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by garrix8: 4:19am On Mar 19, 2015
clevvermind:
Jonathan till 2019 in Kirikiri. Nothing will change that.

Amen..

2 Likes

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by garrix8: 4:21am On Mar 19, 2015
Questiion: What do we call someone that begs from Morocco to Adamawa??

Answer: MoroMawa

1 Like

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by clevvermind(m): 4:26am On Mar 19, 2015
garrix8:

Amen..
stop fooling yourself. Jonathan will continue to sit in Aso rock.

1 Like

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by laurel03(m): 4:47am On Mar 19, 2015
Omo odu to da iwa.... #havedecidedforchange

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 19, 2015
The question is not whether Jonathan will lose the forthcoming eleven. That one is sure. The real question is how big will the lose be. grin

1 Like

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by nzeadachie: 5:05am On Mar 19, 2015
BELIEVE IT OR YOU LEAVE IT, GOODLUCK MUST RULE NIGERIA TILL 2019 NO GOING BACK
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by temitemi1(m): 5:33am On Mar 19, 2015
Forward ever... Backward never... GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by temitemi1(m): 5:34am On Mar 19, 2015
No going back my brother!
nzeadachie:
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by Pavore9: 5:36am On Mar 19, 2015
Everyone is entitled to ONE VOTE no matter how influential one may be.
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by ogbronx(m): 5:50am On Mar 19, 2015
We are witnesses to the end of an era of money-bags politic . All thanks to the man Jega who has carved a niche in Nigeria's electioneering . This is just the beginning, over time, responsible people would aspire for key positions and win.
If it ain't PDP's rigging, how would a criminal/tout beat a well known and respected retired school principal in a local govt election?
God works in mysterious ways and when He says its time for deliverance , nothing can stop it.
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by LogicPower(m): 6:08am On Mar 19, 2015
We all know that.

And that is why some of us just laugh when we read some PDP goons being so delusional as to think that because some obas and Afenifere leaders endorse GEJ, he is going to be saved from the electoral defeat that is waiting for him.

Some obas and SW leaders might be richer as they line their pockets with the GEJ dollars, but that does not translate into actual support for GEJ among the ordinary SW people.

The desperation of GEJ is now known to everybody, and when you have such a desperado with so much millions of dollars at his disposal, coupled with the fact that he is still the president of the country, it would be so easy for him to get religious and community leaders in any region to publicly endorse him.

Did we not see 'Fulani leaders' endorsing him in the villa earlier this week? But would any rational person seriously believe that GEJ stands any reasonable chance of getting 5% of the northern Fulani votes in the coming election?

2 Likes

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by lilbabyak(m): 6:10am On Mar 19, 2015
I trust my people. They are well educated. I heard must of these Obas ti je dodo gbagbe ododo. . but that one na their problems.
SW have decided. ....

sai baba
9 days to chase cluelessness out
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 19, 2015
After them don chop him million million dollars grin grin
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by minifuworld: 6:29am On Mar 19, 2015
nzeadachie:
if jonathan must rule nigeria till 2019 then there is no need for conducting an election then
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by kheart(m): 6:33am On Mar 19, 2015
Yorubas get sense wella oh, gej just appointed a yoruba person to chair FIRs. D demand should continu, u never can tell gej fit swap. our samboribobo wit fayose grin
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by Rilwon: 6:33am On Mar 19, 2015
This deserved to be on FP
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by LRNZH(m): 6:34am On Mar 19, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
After them don chop him million million dollars grin grin

The hard currency that Nigeria desperately needs. If we can vote out GEJ, Nigerians will have proven that we have matured beyond the politics of spraying money and sharing bags of rice.
GEJ and PDP have insulted our psyche enough.

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J

1 Like

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by gabriel212: 6:35am On Mar 19, 2015
garrix8:
Questiion: What do we call someone that begs from Morocco to Adamawa??

Answer: MoroMawa
garri let us not argue again wt this guys until after election.
for me I v started winning votes for GMB n AMBO
also i won the heart of two die hard fan(from SS) of gej ytday also some of my SE guys r going for APC tru constructive argument.
Also the company that serve us food during break period I v convinced those ladies for GMB n I wil gv them transport fare to polling units as per agreement 1.5K each
Also some ppl who find it hard to go to their polling unit I v convinced them to sleep around on election eve.
n imagine am spendin my money oh.
Me v decided not to argue again til after election.
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by oluwafemi113(m): 6:36am On Mar 19, 2015
GMB all the way
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by LRNZH(m): 6:37am On Mar 19, 2015
gabriel212:

garri let us not argue again wt this guys until after election.
for me I v started winning votes for GMB n AMBO
also i won the heart of two die hard fan(from SS) of gej ytday also some of my SE guys r going for APC tru constructive argument.
Also the company that serve us food during break period I v convinced those ladies for GMB n I wil gv them transport fare to polling units as per agreement 1.5K each
Also some ppl who find it hard to go to their polling unit I v convinced them to sleep around on election eve.
n imagine am spendin my money oh.
Me v decided not to argue again til after election.

May God reward your lofty, noble and patriotic efforts with a significantly better Nigeria for everyone through GMB. Amen.

1 Like

Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by san316(m): 6:42am On Mar 19, 2015
They were waiting for him to seek their support and give them the share of 21b but he didn't. this is more like saying "oga jona, no be only obas get ppl o, u gas settle all stakeholders ooo. we dey here too"

All I know is GEJ will fail. it is written.
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by lalasticlala(m): 8:00am On Mar 19, 2015
LRNZH:

The hard currency that Nigeria desperately needs. If we can vote out GEJ, Nigerians will have proven that we have matured beyond the politics of spraying money and sharing bags of rice.
GEJ and PDP have insulted our psyche enough.

cc: Lalasticlala

Why Do you always capitalize Your captions? Not necessary na
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by LRNZH(m): 9:00am On Mar 19, 2015
lalasticlala:

grin I don't know why that makes me laugh big time.
Your point is noted Mr. Lala...
Re: OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 19, 2015
lalasticlala:

Shey e affect u ni.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Dangote, Wale Tinubu At Buhari’s Inauguration / Gej's Administration Trying To Hide Their Loot In The Grave - Read Before First / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.