Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery (903 Views)

Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial / Buhari And Obj Govt Worse Than Gej / Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by oludashmi(f): 4:31am On Mar 19, 2015
The APC presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has compared a corrupt government to be worse than armed robbery.

Speaking at the APC’s Town Hall meeting on security, held at the Barcelona Hotel, Abuja, yesterday, first commended the armed forces for their recent successes over the Boko Haram, and explained that the safety and welfare of Nigerians should be the primary purpose of government and could be better pursued and achieved when the right government is in place.

Buhari said, “I believe that a bad and corrupt government is a much danger to national security as armed robbers, kidnappers and terrorists. I want to commend our armed forces for their recent successes over the Boko Haram.

“The total security concept reflects directly on improving the quality of the lives of our people and rebuilding the economy.

“Even if we have the best police, we will not be able to guarantee total security as long as 53 per cent of our youths remain unemployed and 70 per cent of our people are living below the poverty line.

“These are all the issues that my party and myself are committed to. It is along this line that we have promised a regretting plan for the North East of Nigeria. It is based on ensuring that never again will our country experience the type of human tragedy currently going on in that part of the country.”

More details http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/buhari-says-corrupt-govt-worse-than-armed-robbery/
Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by fallout87: 4:37am On Mar 19, 2015
When Abacha was looting Nigeria blind what did he do to stop that which was worse than armed robbery?

In fact he declared Abacha wasn't corrupt and did not steal.

The fact that he ignored how Abacha looted and ravaged Nigeria speaks about this man's true character.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by internetpirate: 4:56am On Mar 19, 2015
Too much of double standards! PDP is corrupt, that is a given; but APC is equally as corrupt! I hate grandstanding and barefaced lies!!! That's why I don't support either and thank God for this proposed legislation on independent candidature!

APC should stop this holier than thou attitude! It's sickening!

PDP should also stop revising history! Corruption has marked their years in power!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:58am On Mar 19, 2015
An old wine in new bottle will always have that same old taste. I pity buhari's follower's..

Wishing u a safe trip baq to Daura very soon..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by Bifwoli: 5:00am On Mar 19, 2015
And I say APC pretenders like GMB are worse than murderers.

He's a pretentious democrat who once did military coups.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by owobokiri(m): 5:11am On Mar 19, 2015
Obasanjo also said that and promised a mega clampdown on corruption at his inaugural speach. We all know how that turned out. . A man that has his kids studing overseas, paying hefty tuitions, he flies private while defending the likes of Abacha. . The same fake "change" agent will turn around and tell you he is not corrupt and that he borrowed to buy a presidential form! And you believe that! Some of us are not that gaullible. .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by nzeadachie: 5:17am On Mar 19, 2015
MAYBE GOODLUCK WILL APPOINT BUHARI AS EFCC CHAIMAN AS HE ONLY KNOWS HOW TO TACKLE CORRUPTION
Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by temitemi1(m): 5:19am On Mar 19, 2015
This is why buhari will never get there because we will never allow tinubu n ameachi to rob us our resourses. GEJ till tinubu n ameachi stop stealing public funds!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by ugia(f): 5:56am On Mar 19, 2015
Sixteen years of Jonathan administration has been characterized by corruption in every facet of the Nigerian economy. PDP and APC members are all culpable. I am tired of accusations and counter accusations. We need a total reorientation of the psyche of our citizens. We must stop playing ostrich and stop passing the bulk. We must stand firm and a wage serious war against this cankerworm. At the rate we are going posterity will not forgive us for bleeding our dear country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by lilbabyak(m): 6:06am On Mar 19, 2015
Can armed robbers cart away $20b ?
not possible
these fvcking politicians have been raping our economy since ali was a boy. .
change is here

sai baba

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 19, 2015
Calling Jonathan a armed robber is an insult to armed robbers

His administration is far worst than armed robering

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by lyntiffany(f): 6:43am On Mar 19, 2015
ugia:
Sixteen years of Jonathan administration has been characterized by corruption in every facet of the Nigerian economy. PDP and APC members are all culpable. I am tired of accusations and counter accusations. We need a total reorientation of the psyche of our citizens. We must stop playing ostrich and stop passing the bulk. We must stand firm and a wage serious war against this cankerworm. At the rate we are going posterity will not forgive us for bleeding our dear country Nigeria.
did you just say sixteen years of Jonathan's administration? Guess you don't know the democratic history of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 19, 2015
Corrupt Government worse than armed robbery
-Buhari

Grabbing the seat of power with gun (coup) is not only worse than robbery but also corruption in CAPITAL letters.
-Noblezone
Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by clevvermind(m): 7:22am On Mar 19, 2015
fallout87:
When Abacha was looting Nigeria blind what did he do to stop that which was worse than armed robbery?

In fact he declared Abacha wasn't corrupt and did not steal.

The fact that he ignored how Abacha looted and ravaged Nigeria speaks about this man's true character.
buhari is just a big hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by viczing(m): 7:38am On Mar 19, 2015
Bifwoli:
And I say APC pretenders like GMB are worse than murderers.

He's a pretentious democrat who once did military coups.

He's surrounded by corrupt humans
Re: Buhari Says Corrupt Govt Worse Than Armed Robbery by mcdc: 8:59am On Mar 19, 2015
The man is confused, anyway , at his age ( actual age 80yrs) its normal .

(1) (Reply)

See This Helicopter Inspecting Polling Units In Uyo / If You Have Voted Come Online. Who Did You Vote? / Current Election Result In Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.