Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

New Engine But Car Not Working Well - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Engine But Car Not Working Well (2046 Views)

Is It Possible For A Car Not To Smoke At All? / Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) / PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant (2) (3) (4)

New Engine But Car Not Working Well by erictoonice: 7:10am On Mar 19, 2015
All gurus in the house please help a brother ooo, am so tired now,
my car was smoking and shorting oil so I decided to change the engine. the car is Honda accord 1997 (bulldog).
after loosing the old engine the mechanic discovered that engine had a sensor attached to it, the engine is VTEC, though the mechanic said the reacl engine of that car is not vtech but the one I bought, I bought the car with the engine like that the previous owner must have changed it to the vtech.
so we called the person that sold it and he said we have to remove the oil pump from the old one and put it in the new one that that's where the sensor is, so we did that and fixed the new engine inside.
the card started well and after coupling I said let me test drive it, it was driving well but not raising well, after which the throttle cable failed so I bought a new one and the mechanic fixed it.
after fixing it, it took lots of hassles of more than 2hrs b4 the car started and now its still not raising and driving well, also the rpm in the dashboard doesn't raise well too when the engine is raised.
please guys help me what's the solution please the mechanic and electrician have been trying all day to no avail.
please help
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by carbon1224(m): 8:24am On Mar 19, 2015
Check the brain box
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by erictoonice: 8:25am On Mar 19, 2015
guys please contribute
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:42am On Mar 19, 2015
erictoonice:
All gurus in the house please help a brother ooo, am so tired now,
my car was smoking and shorting oil so I decided to change the engine. the car is Honda accord 1997 (bulldog).
after loosing the old engine the mechanic discovered that engine had a sensor attached to it, the engine is VTEC, though the mechanic said the reacl engine of that car is not vtech but the one I bought, I bought the car with the engine like that the previous owner must have changed it to the vtech.
so we called the person that sold it and he said we have to remove the oil pump from the old one and put it in the new one that that's where the sensor is, so we did that and fixed the new engine inside.
the card started well and after coupling I said let me test drive it, it was driving well but not raising well, after which the throttle cable failed so I bought a new one and the mechanic fixed it.
after fixing it, it took lots of hassles of more than 2hrs b4 the car started and now its still not raising and driving well, also the rpm in the dashboard doesn't raise well too when the engine is raised.
please guys help me what's the solution please the mechanic and electrician have been trying all day to no avail.
please help

Timing marks are definately off, vtec sensor possible not present in your present engine, you are also working blind.

You should upload pics of old and new engine, scan vehicle, and if you are in lagos give me call. 08023251039
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by erictoonice: 9:19am On Mar 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Timing marks are definately off, vtec sensor possible not present in your present engine, you are also working blind.

You should upload pics of old and new engine, scan vehicle, and if you are in lagos give me call. 08023251039
thanks bro, the car is in a better condition today, doesn't give hard start any more I drove it to test it but the only problem now is that its not raising well, it doesn't get higher than 3500rpm therefore doesn't change into the fourth gear.
am currently in ughelli in Delta state and I haven't been able to get someone to scan the car for me but am still looking for I'll update when I've scanned.
I really don't have pics of both engine but after dropping the first engine, the only different we saw was the sensor and the person that sent the engine said its just to loose the oil pump in the vtech and put in this one.
something we also noticed in the VTEC engine is that its not the real engine that came with the car SD it didn't fit the gear box fly wheel as the Mech said, they had to do some construction to make it fit, but this engine fitted the gear box at ones
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by mayor2013: 9:30am On Mar 19, 2015
Am sure you bought a honda accord 2000/2001 engine. So therefore a lot of conversion had been done. Would just advice you gt a competent person to fix it
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by erictoonice: 9:41am On Mar 19, 2015
mayor2013:
Am sure you bought a honda accord 2000/2001 engine. So therefore a lot of conversion needs to be done. Would just advice you gt a competent person to fix it
what kind of conversion do u think it needs
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by DECOtech(m): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2015
How do you expect a base engine to run well with a V-tec brainbox.
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by mayor2013: 10:09am On Mar 19, 2015
erictoonice:

what kind of conversion do u think it needs

Sorry a typo error
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:09am On Mar 19, 2015
erictoonice:

thanks bro, the car is in a better condition today, doesn't give hard start any more I drove it to test it but the only problem now is that its not raising well, it doesn't get higher than 3500rpm therefore doesn't change into the fourth gear.
am currently in ughelli in Delta state and I haven't been able to get someone to scan the car for me but am still looking for I'll update when I've scanned.
I really don't have pics of both engine but after dropping the first engine, the only different we saw was the sensor and the person that sent the engine said its just to loose the oil pump in the vtech and put in this one.
something we also noticed in the VTEC engine is that its not the real engine that came with the car SD it didn't fit the gear box fly wheel as the Mech said, they had to do some construction to make it fit, but this engine fitted the gear box at ones

Your vehicle is in limp mode cause of an absense of a vtech sensor unbolt your old vtech sensor and connect the harness problem "might" be fixed.
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by erictoonice: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Your vehicle is in limp mode cause of an absense of a vtech sensor unbolt your old vtech sensor and connect the harness problem "might" be fixed.

thank u all for Ur contributions,
the car drives well now, changes gear fine.
the only problem its having now is for the rpm to get bigger than 3500, it doesn't do that.
the sensor had been connected to this new engine already, the guy who sold it to me said it only needs regulation.
now the mechanic has directed me to another electrician, but haven't seen him yet, I've driven 20miles with it today already it drives fine, just that the engine won't raise higher
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by chillex8(m): 2:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
why not run a scan on the engine.
since you are free to drive around, drive down to my place for a free scan.

I won't tell you my suspicion tho.
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by erictoonice: 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
chillex8:
why not run a scan on the engine.
since you are free to drive around, drive down to my place for a free scan.

I won't tell you my suspicion tho.
please where's Ur place is it close by? and please what do u think could be the worse culprit?
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by erictoonice: 11:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

the vtech sensor has been connected to the new engine, but still not revving higher than 3500, the car drives well it even gets to speed of 120km/h, but changing the last gear is very difficult, my mechanic have tried all he can, I have looked for around but no where to scan it.
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by erictoonice: 1:00am On Mar 21, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

oga Gazzuzz, thanks for this info, I've made research about the limp mode u talked about and the vtech solenoid (sensor) I think it might be bad maybe from changing from one to another, I will try and look fr another one and fix it. am not a tech guy but from what mechanic have used my eyes to see I have to learn fast, just this few days of changing engine, I've been sucked dry, I've spent more than 100k on that car. please I will like to know if it is safe and if this brain box can work with it well if changed, thanks a lot
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by olenyi: 7:31am On Mar 23, 2015
erictoonice:

oga Gazzuzz, thanks for this info, I've made research about the limp mode u talked about and the vtech solenoid (sensor) I think it might be bad maybe from changing from one to another, I will try and look fr another one and fix it. am not a tech guy but from what mechanic have used my eyes to see I have to learn fast, just this few days of changing engine, I've been sucked dry, I've spent more than 100k on that car. please I will like to know if it is safe and if this brain box can work with it well if changed, thanks a lot

Some experts here have freely volunteered to look your engine over for you and you're still staying put with your mechanic, changing parts, even still looking for new parts and mechanic.

Shouldn't it be better to take up the offers ready extended to you on here?

Don't let those guys use your car as a lab rat.

Regards.
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:58am On Mar 23, 2015
stop the trial and error scan the car and you have a idea what is going on

is there any engine management light ?
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by fm7070: 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
Have you checked the catalytic converter? It happened to my car and it wasn't raising well.
After resolving that, the car began to run like plane
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
fm7070:
Have you checked the catalytic converter? It happened to my car and it wasn't raising well.

You removed it?
Re: New Engine But Car Not Working Well by mayor2013: 7:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
fm7070:

grin grin can I bring my plane so I can compare both speed with this your newly converted plane grin grin

Gac Motor - Your Opinion / Acura Tl 2008 / Failed Toyota Camry Compressor

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58