Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo (1300 Views)

Aregbesola Shows Off His Basketball Skills During School Inspection In Osun.PICS / Secondary School Students Arrested For Cultism Pictured With Gov Okorocha / Zahra Buhari Receives Over 10,000 Marriage Proposal In Less Than 18 Hours(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 19, 2015
Took this picture this morning of Primary school students of a government school working in a farm, which i assume might belong to one of the school's teachers. This has been going on for close to two weeks now.

At first, i thought it was agricultural science practicals. But i know pri school students dont do agric practicals and they have been on this farm everyday for the past two weeks. Over time, i have watched them clear the bush, set it on fire, till the ground and planted.

They do this everyday till about 12pm and then go home. The farm is not close to the school either.

This trend is very common in rural areas. there is another secondary school where the principal converted most of the lands to his personal farm and makes students work on it. Hope govt does something to correct this

Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2015
This is terrible ,why on earth would teachers subject pupils to this kind of treatment or what ever.
the headteacher deserves to be fired for this.
Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by omenka(m): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2015
Spongebob, that might be agricultural science practicals class going on. I could remember when we were in school then, every student then who offered the subject was tasked with cultivating a couple of ridges and maintain whatever they plant to maturity. Students were graded based on how well their crops performed.

I wonder the kind of school some of these guys attended. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 19, 2015
omenka:
Spongebob, that might be agricultural science practicals class going on. I could remember when we were in school then, every student then who offered the subject was tasked with cultivating a couple of ridges and maintain whatever they plant to maturity. Students were graded based on how well their crops performed.

I wonder the kind of school some of these guys attended. cheesy

I doubt. No agric practicals lasts from 7am to 12pm everyday for two weeks straight. Also, the school is far away from the farm. Also, i dont really know any primary school that does agric practicals on this scale. Look at the size of those children
Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by omenka(m): 10:26am On Mar 19, 2015
nwanna89:

I doubt. No agric practicals lasts from 7am to 12pm everyday for two weeks straight. Also, the school is far away from the farm. Also, i dont really know any primary school that does agric practicals on this scale. Look at the size of those children
Your doubt doesn't really make it untrue. Thanks.

I think you should watch CNN right now. SLS is on Amanpour. Dude is making a lot of sense. You need some of that sense so you could stop dwelling on the mundane. smiley

1 Like

Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by omenka(m): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2015
nwanna89:

Shame on you. Just noticed you have modified your original post to include the "agric class" angle after I posted my comment. More like countering a shot before it is fired! cheesy

PDP and her agents, perpetual riggers. grin
Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 19, 2015
omenka:
Shame on you. Just noticed you have modified your original post to include the "agric class" angle after I posted my comment. More like countering a shot before it is fired! cheesy

PDP and her agents, perpetual riggers. grin

Jesu! What are u even talking about? modified what? Are you ok this morning? What does this have to do with pdp? Am only pointing out a bad practise which needs to be corrected...u are here talking about pdp
Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by omenka(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2015
nwanna89:

Jesu! What are u even talking about? modified what? Are you ok this morning? What does this have to do with pdp? Am only pointing out a bad practise which needs to be corrected...u are here talking about pdp
You did modify your initial post dude. And all you wrote is just speculative. So why post it in the first place, sounding as though you spoke to any of them and they told you it isn't an agric practical class
Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by meforyou1(m): 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
okorocha is a criminal. evil.
Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by meforyou1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
omenka:
You did modify your initial post dude. And all you wrote is just speculative. So why post it in the first place, sounding as though you spoke to any of them and they told you it isn't an agric practical class
omenka shut d hell up. there is no agric practical class in primary school. it's in secondary school. what they have in primary is weekly Handwork, in which the children make brooms that are then shared by the teachers. sometimes, they will ask the children to fetch firewood, which are then taken to the headmaster's or a teacher's house. okorocha is evil. criminal.
Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by garrix8: 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
Agric Practicals..

What's the big deal??
Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by garrix8: 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
meforyou1:
omenka shut d hell up. there is no agric practical class in primary school. it's in secondary school. what they have in primary is weekly Handwork, in which the children make brooms that are then shared by the teachers. sometimes, they will ask the children to fetch firewood, which are then taken to the headmaster's or a teacher's house. okorocha is evil. criminal.

You need to visit one of Rochas' General hospitals ASAP. Hatred for the best Igbo governor is driving you mad.

cheesy
Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by LordMecuzy(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
Rochas remains the best for We d Imolites....

Haters can go to Purgatory

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by ayokellany: 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
nwanna89:

I have no idea what the problem is with some of you pathetically deranged people, while in school each student from JSS 1 - SSS 2 had a plot cultivated. With each class taking turns different days of the week. What exactly is the problem in this ?
Re: Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
ayokellany:
I have no idea what the problem is with some of you pathetically deranged people, while in school each student from JSS 1 - SSS 2 had a plot cultivated. With each class taking turns different days of the week. What exactly is the problem in this ?

This is a primary school. I made enquiries and confirmed this is not a practical session either. They were actually cultivating teacher's farm

(1) (Reply)

Final Nairaland Presidential Election Poll / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Leading In Ondo State. / Why Has GEJ And The Millitary's Role In Tackling Bokoharam Reduced Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.