Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,365 members, 7,868,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections (524 Views)

Hisbah Seizes Musical Instruments Used During Gov Tambuwal Daughter's Wedding / Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion / Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections by ediko5(m): 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
The Independent National Electoral Commission has insisted that they’ll use the PVC reading machines during the general elections despite protest from PDP for them not to use it citing the irregularities that will be caused by the use of PVC reader.

After careful thoughts about the use of PVC reading machine during the elections, I found out that the PVC reader will cause more electoral fraud and problem than before with my following observations;

The PVC reading machine is controlled by a software which has the capability of detecting, accepting and rejecting an original and a fake PVC.

Since the PVC reading machine can be programmed (configured) to accept and reject original and fake PVC respectively, as a programmer there’s no doubt that the same machine can be programmed (configured) to accept or reject any PVC be it authentic or fake.

The introduction is this machine will lead to “advance electoral fraud” because this machine will be configured to accept and reject some sets of PVC’s in some areas.

For example, the PVC reading machine that will be sent to Akwa-Ibom can be programmed to “reject” any PVC that contains names like Bola, Shola, Ade, Ibrahim, Musa etc. and PVC reading machine sent to places like Lagos and Kano can be programmed to “reject” names like Okon, Uche, Emeka, Ebele etc.

The use of technology in election if not really checked can lead to high election fraud.

It can be recalled that INEC claimed to be fully prepared for the election earlier slated for 14th February but later tested the PVC reading machine one month after the postponement of the election and there were much irregularities during the testing of the PVC reading machine.

SOURCE: http://brainnewsng.com/reasons-why-pvc-reading-machines-should-not-be-used-during-elections/
Re: Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections by eleko1: 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
Keep deceiving yaself.if it worked well in other country,why not here?We are tired of Ojoro,let try something new
Re: Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections by morefire: 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
me i even suspect PDP saying no to the machine is a scam. they already have their plan on how to rig with those same machines, they are only crying fowl as a disguise.
Re: Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections by mperoakeem(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2015
something keeps bothering my mind.... Pdp accuse apc of cloning PVC... Now the best way to detect their clone PVC is by using card reader... Still pdp said she's not interested in card reader. Please who is deceiving who now... I tire ooo

(1) (Reply)

Sweet Political Envelope / An Open Letter To Nigerians- The Amalgamation Has Ended, Your Vote Counts. / Pre-election Questions For GEJ And GMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.