Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon (2693 Views)

What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Jupiter Moon Ganymede Could Have Ocean With More Water Than Earth / What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
The massiveness of the still evolving universe we live in, billions of galaxies made up of trillions of stars and planets scattered all around it.

Man knows the possibility that it is the only living being in this universe is impossible but yet man still lacks the means to locate or discover these other possible life forms.

They may even be other terrestrial life forms out there trying to reach us to like we are trying to reach them.

One of Jupiter's main moons; Ganymede have shown to possess water probably salt water.

And this have added it to the list of strong candidate planets for the possibility of extra-terrestrial life..

They are more than a billion planets located in habitable zones in our galaxy and other observable galaxies are in the list of possible life habitats.

Whats your take on this ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by timmy2409(m): 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
Another one of Jupiter's moons, Europa, is believed to hold even more water than the earth does.

It's incredible that our solar system alone already holds multiple potential life-holding planets besides earth. How much more the Milky Way, as well as the entire universe?

Someone needs to invent the elixir of immortality so I live to witness that Star Trek life.

2 Likes

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 5:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
evidences gathered by the mars rover that was lunched into mars shows that mars had ancient water. layers of rocks washed and gullied by evident rushing water ways and possible ancient lakes...

below is a pic taken by the mars curiousity rover of such rocks..

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by dabosuker(m): 10:17am On Mar 21, 2015
i don't believe there is life out there,..I know there is life out there! we just need more technology to explore & discover, the possibilities are unthinkable & endless
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 10:22am On Mar 21, 2015
dabosuker:
i don't believe there is life out there,..I know there is life out there! we just need more technology to explore & discover, the possibilities are unthinkable & endless
that is it my brother.. thats why i mentioned above that the possibility that we are alone in this whole universe is impossible.. i know we will get results soon enough.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by Pr0ton: 10:37am On Mar 21, 2015
I once read on the net that algae was found on Mars, on a rock specifically. Gonna provide the link if I come across it again. But it's really odd to think we are the only living things in this damn big universe, not even when UFOs are being sighted.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by dabosuker(m): 10:42am On Mar 21, 2015
Johydonn2 u seem to have interest & believe like myself in astronomy & life outside Earth, i have always loved astronomy & have always been attracted to the universe from childhood, its my passion, finding life outside , meeting ETs,..sometimes when i talk to people about it, they just think am crazy or never take me serious , its so sad to see pple restrict their minds to the clouds. nice to meet you too smiley
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by dabosuker(m): 10:50am On Mar 21, 2015
@ proton & johydonn2, maybe we will need to redefine life, redefine it out of what we know, because life out there might not be familiar to us as life on earth. The life seen in a given planet X would be a function of the parameters that exist in planet X,such parameters would be different or alien to what we have here on Earth.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 11:00am On Mar 21, 2015
Pr0ton:
I once read on the net that algae was found on Mars, on a rock specifically. Gonna provide the link if I come across it again. But it's really odd to think we are the only living things in this damn big universe, not even when UFOs are being sighted.
curiousity rover on mars have provided us with much information from mars.. looking at mars its hard to differentiate from what we have here talk of landscape.. first pic is curiousity rover selfie in mars

Layers found in rocks shows evidence of ancient lakes that existed millions of years back shown in the second pic

Third pic is a pic of solidified water found on mars mainly methane tho..

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 11:02am On Mar 21, 2015
dabosuker:
@ proton & johydonn2, maybe we will need to redefine life, redefine it out of what we know, because life out there might not be familiar to us as life on earth. The life seen in a given planet X would be a function of the parameters that exist in planet X,such parameters would be different or alien to what we have here on Earth.
that is it exactly and i think scientist have that in mind..
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 11:06am On Mar 21, 2015
dabosuker:
Johydonn2 u seem to have interest & believe like myself in astronomy & life outside Earth, i have always loved astronomy & have always been attracted to the universe from childhood, its my passion, finding life outside , meeting ETs,..sometimes when i talk to people about it, they just think am crazy or never take me serious , its so sad to see pple restrict their minds to the clouds. nice to meet you too smiley
have a dream of visiting space ond day bro. . . and maybe visit mars too with this new technology invented that will be taken to mars soon that will allow scientist to be in mars without visiting it.. (like when you make call, a blueprint image of the person you called appears before you like we always see in some science fiction movies..) its now reality and i think this technology will redefine human telecommunications too.. below is a pic rendering of the new telecom tech

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by Pr0ton: 11:23am On Mar 21, 2015
dabosuker:

Yh, true. It'd be different here on earth. It takes time and intelligence to comprehend life "out" there. And scientists are on it, I deem.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by Pr0ton: 11:25am On Mar 21, 2015
johnydon22:
have a dream of visiting space ond day bro. . . and maybe visit mars too with this new technology invented that will be taken to mars soon that will allow scientist to be in mars without visiting it.. (like when you make call, a blueprint image of the person you called appears before you like we always see in some science fiction movies..) its now reality and i think this technology will redefine human telecommunications too.. below is a pic rendering of the new telecom tech

Wow. Scientists are growing wild. Good thing!
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by Pr0ton: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2015
johnydon22:

curiousity rover on mars have provided us with much information from mars.. looking at mars its hard to differentiate from what we have here talk of landscape.. first pic is curiousity rover selfie in mars

Layers found in rocks shows evidence of ancient lakes that existed millions of years back shown in the second pic

Third pic is a pic of solidified water found on mars mainly methane tho..

H2O and CH4 give the possibility of life. Those pics give undisputable evidence that water and running water did exist on Mars.

And you know what, if eventually scientists get an incontrovertible evidence that life exists/existed on Mars, religion collaspes.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 11:29am On Mar 21, 2015
Pr0ton:

Yh, true. It'd be different here on earth. It takes time and intelligence to comprehend life "out" there. And scientists are on it, I deem.

I am betting on the possibility of life here in our local solar system.. just in our milky way galaxy millions of planets that in the habitable zone orbiting their respective parent stars have been detected.. smiley
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by Pr0ton: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2015
johnydon22:

I am betting on the possibility of life here in our local solar system.. just in our milky way galaxy [size=20]millions of planets that in the habitable zone orbiting their respective parent stars have been detected..[/size] smiley

Wow.. That's a very high possibility. And hope research is going on on them.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 11:34am On Mar 21, 2015
Pr0ton:

H2O and CH4 give the possibility of life. Those pics give undisputable evidence that water and running water did exist on Mars.

And you know what, if eventually scientists get an incontrovertible evidence that life exists/existed on Mars, religion collaspes.

It's not even about religion collasping.. its about the priceless wealth of knowledge it will unravel. . . I am eagaly awaiting this to happen and i hope to be part of the team unravelling this knowledge soon..

i love this life @pic and i hope to be there soon

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 11:35am On Mar 21, 2015
Pr0ton:

Wow.. That's a very high possibility. And hope research is going on on them.
that number rounds in billions when the possible habitable planets outside our own galaxy are included.. all we need now is the tech to detect the result we are searching for..

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by Pr0ton: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2015
johnydon22:

It's not even about religion collasping.. its about the priceless wealth of knowledge it will unravel. . . I am eagaly awaiting this to happen and i hope to be part of the team unravelling this knowledge soon..

It's cool. I hope too.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by 5minsmadness: 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2015
Pr0ton:

Eh? Why would it?
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by 5minsmadness: 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
johnydon22:

I do hope you are aware that there is recruitment going on right now for those who want to take the maiden voyage to Mars?
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by Pr0ton: 2:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

Eh? Why would it?

Because they fundamentally teach that the earth is the center of the universe, i.e the only place where life and all exist.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by 5minsmadness: 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
A great scientist once said the most irrefutable proof of life in outer space is that they have 'not' tried to contact us.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by 5minsmadness: 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
Pr0ton:

Because they fundamentally teach that the earth is the center of the universe, i.e the only place where life and all exist.
Pls who is 'they' and when did they say so?
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by Pr0ton: 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

Pls who is 'they' and when did they say so?

Haha.. Christians and co. Though they don't explictly state so, but it can be safely infer from their holy books. Ok First, Genesis's universe is only the heaven, earth, stars, sun and moon. There's no room for other planets, asteroids, comets, meteoroids and the likes.

Second, the whole theology is strictly for this earth alone. The only living beings the Bible recognizes is the ones that generated from Adam. No room for ETs. They are utterly ignorant of it or do not teach it.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by 5minsmadness: 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2015
Pr0ton:

Haha.. Christians and co. Though they don't explictly state so, but it can be safely infer from their holy books. Ok First, Genesis's universe is only the heaven, earth, stars, sun and moon. There's no room for other planets, asteroids, comets, meteoroids and the likes.

Second, the whole theology is strictly for this earth alone. The only living beings the Bible recognizes is the ones that generated from Adam. No room for ETs. They are utterly ignorant of it or do not teach it.

Any Christian that believes there are no extra-terrestials because 'the Bible didn't say so' must be extremely myopic.

To begin with, the bible does mention extraterrestrials. God himself is not of this earth. Then there are cherubim and seraphim, angels and demons. All the above are not of this earth and can be deemed 'extra-terrestial'.

Secondly, the Bible is a message given to this earth but not exclusively. I read a book a long time ago about a second eden on another planet where another Adam was not deceived into eating the forbidden fruit. I don't read those kind of book anymore sha but even without that example it is obvious the bible centres more on man's salvation on this earth alone. It doesn't mean God didn't continue creation elsewhere, what would be the point of creating all the other stars and solar systems?
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

I do hope you are aware that there is recruitment going on right now for those who want to take the maiden voyage to Mars?

Naaah i dont want to go to mars yet, until i know it is 157% safe and i can still come back to my earth. . i want to be an astronomer in space not go to mars voyage to establish a human colony. . maybe in the nearest future a trip to mars might be as easy as going to the U.S then i will go and check it out. smiley
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

Any Christian that believes there are no extra-terrestials because 'the Bible didn't say so' must be extremely myopic.

To begin with, the bible does mention extraterrestrials. God himself is not of this earth. Then there are cherubim and seraphim, angels and demons. All the above are not of this earth and can be deemed 'extra-terrestial'.

Secondly, the Bible is a message given to this earth but not exclusively. I read a book a long time ago about a second eden on another planet where another Adam was not deceived into eating the forbidden fruit. I don't read those kind of book anymore sha but even without that example it is obvious the bible centres more on man's salvation on this earth alone. It doesn't mean God didn't continue creation elsewhere, what would be the point of creating all the other stars and solar systems?

please let us not argue religion here. . lets discuss the topic at hand.
Btw speaking of extra-terrestrial we are talking of physical life forms, all this you mentioned cherubim and co are termed spirits.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by 5minsmadness: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
johnydon22:

please let us not argue religion here. . lets discuss the topic at hand.
Btw speaking of extra-terrestrial we are talking of physical life forms, all this you mentioned cherubim and co are termed spirits.
And you know them to be spirits how? How r u not sure they are extra-terrestrial beings that ancient man called spirits?
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

And you know them to be spirits how? How r u not sure they are extra-terrestrial beings that ancient man called spirits?

I don't believe their is anything like spirits as you may well know already.

If you are now likening your god and cherubs to extra-terrestrials in a far distant planet then i guess Mormonism and Scientology will fit you well bro.smiley
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by Pr0ton: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
5minsmadness (this your name sef)

Wouldn't it have been more cool and rational of God if He had included "His creation of the other planets and galaxies with their number" into His inspired book of creation (i.e Genesis 1) ? Why only heaven and earth?

No. He didn't. He Himself was ignorant of it. Or, more rational to say, the book was written by primitive ignorant men.

And again, where does the Bible say angels stay? other planets or heaven? Habitable places in galaxies or hell?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by dabosuker(m): 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2015
we can argue here as long as it is constructive, no name calling, respect the other man, but lets also not change the thread o.
Now am a christian , but seriously that book (Bible) must have been written by ignorant men, pay attention to it, but not too much attention. e.g when you see heavens in the bible, it means skyyyyyyyyy o.the heavens meant the sky.
Yes God must be ET. confirmed! he is not of the earth. rockets & space shuttles may have been miss understood & called chariots of fire. (think about it). imagine john seeing a rocket blasting off with fumes & flames & all that trembling like we experience to day in any given runway or airfield. those folks miss understood.
when ever NASA is ready to drop humans on mars i would want to volunteer, i wont be able to tell what sort of experience it would be to look back at earth from space or walk the dusty rocks of the red planet, chai! it would give a whole new perspective to life. that brings me to religion once again,.........The Vatican came out in 2008 through the chief scientist of the Vatican observatory say they would be open to the existence of ETs, that the existence of ETs, should not conflict with the beleive in God. if you ask me , that was a smart move, because whether we like it or not, the presence of ETs or evidence of life or life existence else apart from earth would question & do damage to religion , and the Vatican city no that in their minds & they also know it wont be long before NASA or some other group or body makes an announcement especially with the increased progress in exploration .
And yes i beleive in UFOs too, i beleive we have been visited in past & those visitations are still happenening. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Important Things To Consider When Buying A Washing Machine / Differences Between Factory Unlock And World Wide Unlock In Iphones / How To Backup Gmail Emails On Mac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.