Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 (9137 Views)

Five Hardly Known Things You Can Do With Android 5.0 Lollipop Smartphones. / 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android / Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 by Youngpo413: 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
martineverest:
@ op....ur rating shows dat u are not a tech savvy person.....android lollipop is so poor dat less dan 1 percent of android phones uses it after almost 7months of release....io8 is another very buggy,laggy and sluggish os......windows 8.1 is d smoothest and d most secured followd by bb10
thank you my brother...

Sent from my Nokia lumia 730!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 by martineverest(m): 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
Getting lumia 640 xl...nxt month...cant wait for windows 10
Youngpo413:
thank you my brother...

Sent from my Nokia lumia 730!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 by ATInsider: 12:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
Here is my Professional Evaluation on the current Mobile OS's. I've used them ALL.

BlackBerry 10.3.1 - 90/100 - Built from the ground up, and powered by QNX, the only mobile OS that has a RTOS. Very rarely needs Restarting and does not slow down. Pure Gesture Based, Hub, Flow, Intuitiveness, Productivity, Virtual Keyboard (Best in the Industry by far) and feels Natural when using. Very easy to learn and navigate throughout the entire OS. Menu's seem to be in the right place at the right time. Native BB10 apps are by far the best. Not Android Ports, though they are somewhat catching on, as Android's are ported, BB10 allows for more added features you will not find on the Android OS. - Current BlackBerry Z30 - Main Daily Driver

Android 5.0 - 65/100 - Aged feel to the touch, though has been improved somewhat. Still laggy OS though. Back & Home buttons? Are somewhat irritating to use and end up being Counter Intuitive for my liking. Huge App store but prone to Malware Infections. Menu's seem to have a lot of useless functions that are in the wrong place and should be separated from the most common functions. Installing too many apps bogs down the entire OS, that forces you to restart. Android in general is not the best designed OS for performance, functionality and productivity. Current - Samsung Galaxy S5 - Was given to me, so its a Backup

iOS 8.1 - 50/100 - Again with the most useless function, the Home Button. I find it very annoying and Counter Intuitive. The OS is not as Intuitive as I was led to believe. The only thing going for iOS is simply a strong Ecosystem and Integration with other Apple related products. I sold mine a week in, just could not stand this thing. - Current - iPhone 5c - SOLD

WP 8.1 - 45/100 (Perhaps WP 10 will increase this rating) - Do not like the UI at all. On screen plastered ICONs not my style. But still gave it a good try. I really tried to like it, but just could not. Though I admire MS for changing the style from its competitors. The Swiping Gestures don't feel natural to me. The one major plus, accessing pretty much anything you would on on your PC. Overall, Just not a fan of the actual OS. - Current - Lumina 520 - Returned It.

There you have it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 by samsard(m): 9:05am On Apr 12, 2015
@ATInsider love your blackberry 10 and android review. blackberry 10 is totally an awesome OS, you even forgot to mention it's a secure OS. The only thing os10 needs is matching android-like hardware.
Re: Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 24, 2015
rashfad:
U & I re in same shoes cos am yet to get the latest os too
BitGold.com/r/1bbsJE
Re: Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 by gbenga4my(m): 8:04am On Aug 24, 2015
Brainrex:

Did you taste the Lollipop? You should taste and see for your self

There's nothing much to talk about Just stop comparing Android to BB10 OS
We need mature minds here , not baised minded set of people
Re: Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 by gbenga4my(m): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2015
samsard:
BlackBerry 10.3 is an independent OS based on QNX with Android runtime on top of it to enable it run android apps. All BlackBerry 10 apps are not android, some of the ones in Appworld are native BlackBerry apps and run better! Whatsapp for example is (for me) better on BlackBerry 10 and it is a native BlackBerry App. In short, I think the android version of whatsapp is ancient. BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 runs android apps just as well as any droid would, haven't seen a android app that it has not been able to run with the update. Am sure with the hardware in BlackBerry Passport, all android apps would be child's play.
In addition to all u've said, os 10.3 stands alone(its interface and the platform is 100percnt os 10) , its a + for it to run android applications , (mind u, it runs android applications not android interface/platform)
Re: Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 by samsard(m): 9:10am On Aug 24, 2015
gbenga4my:

In addition to all u've said, os 10.3 stands alone(its interface and the platform is 100percnt os 10) , its a + for it to run android applications , (mind u, it runs android applications not android interface/platform)
Exactly.
Re: Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 by Deeni131: 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
hello guys, I don't think its a good idea to compare totally different types of mobiles, especially in trying to put one over the other. but my own experience is,BlackBerry are good only that most enjoyable apps are found on Androids. so if u a someone who loves games then BlackBerry is not ur frnd. I switched from touch2 to android and now z30, to be frank I'm now missing my android cos of games n apps. and don't forget that Androids consumes data like hell. it can consume not less then 6gig of data a month if u don't frequently downloads.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Phone Mailbox Configuration / What Are Your Favourite BlackBerry Applications? / Gionee S8s Now Available For Purchase In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.