Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series (30870 Views)

Download Funmi Adebayo's Book Series And Titles At Okadabooks.com / All Titles Free For Four Days / Pls How Can I Get Pacesetters Novels Ebooks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by MAYOWAAK: 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
Remember Pacesetters series?
See all the 130 titles. Which ones have you read?
----
Pacesetters is a Macmillan novel series written by established African authors who write on societal realities, personal concerns, contemporary issues and problems faced by Africans.
Unlike the other well-known series that deal mainly with romance and crime, the Pacesetters series is uniquely different in that it is an all rounder dealing with these areas and more and it is the only novel series written by Africans.
The series was created in 1977, with the publication of Agbo Areo’s Director! By the early 1990s, there were 125 titles.
Latter, due to various reasons, the titles in the series have diminished in presence in the mainstream market.
There have been about 130 titles published to date.
"No other series has captured the public imagination like Pacesetters, stories of romance, espionage, danger, intrigue and mystery written by outstanding writers whose work you will want to read again and again."
-Macmillan, Botswana
Titles
1. A Picture Of Innocence
2. Agony In Her Voice
3. Angel Of Death
4. Anything For Money
5. The Betrayer
6. Bitter Consequences
7. Bittersweet
8. The Black Temple
9. Blackmailers
10. Bloodbath At Lobster Close†
11. Bonds Of Love
12. Border Runners
13. Camera Never Lies
14. Cherished Dreams
15. Child Of The Rainbow
16. Child Of War
17. Christmas In The City
18. Circle Of Betrayal
19. Coup!
20. Cross-Fire
21. The Cyclist*
22. Danger Express
23. Dangerous Inheritance
24. Dangerous Waters
25. Dead Of Night
26. Deadly News
27. Dealers In Death
28. Death Is Woman
29. Dela Boya-African Detective
30. The Delinquent
31. Desert Storm
32. Director!
33. Double Dating
34. Double Trouble
35. A Dream Called September
36. The Equatorial Assignment
37. Europeans Only?
38. Evbu My Love
39. The Extortionist
40. Felicia
41. Finding Francis
42. Finger Of Suspicion
43. For Better For Worse
44. For Mbatha And Rabeka
45. Forever Yours
46. Forgive Me Maryam
47. Fran Molala/Merc Affair
48. A Fresh Start
49. Frozen Fire*
50. Give Me Money
51. Gun Merchant
52. Harvest Of Love
53. Have Mercy
54. Hopeful Lovers*
55. The Hornet's Nest
56. The Infamous Act
57. The Instrument
58. A Kind Of Marriage
59. The Last Aloe
60. Life Is A Lottery
61. Lost Generation
62. Love
63. Love Letters
64. Love Match
65. Love On The Rocks
66. Love's Dilemma
67. Mark Of The Cobra
68. The Mating Game
69. Meet Me In Conakry
70. The Money Doublers
71. Money Road
72. Moses and the Gunman
73. Naira Power
74. Nanasi Girl
75. Night Of Full Moon
76. On The Road
77. Operation Rhino
78. The Other Side Of Town
79. Pains Of A Maid
80. Poisoned Bait
81. The Politician*
82. Possessed!
83. The President’s Son
84. Race Against Rats
85. Rassie
86. Remember Death
87. Rich Girl, Poor Boy
88. Runaway Bride
89. The Schemers
90. Sea Running
91. Second-Hand Love
92. Secret Blood
93. Shadow Of A Dream
94. Shadow Of Death
95. Shameful Sacrifice
96. Sisi
97. Small Affairs
98. The Smugglers*
99. Something To Hide
100. South African Affair*
101. Spears Down
102. State Secret
103. Stone Vengeance
104. Stop Press: Murder!
105. Stranger’s Son
106. Sunset At Noon
107. Sweet Revenge
108. Symphony-Destrst
109. Teardrops At Sunset
110. Tell Me No More
111. The Legacy
112. Thorns Of Life
113. To Have & To Hold
114. Tobacco Smoke
115. Too Cold Comfort
116. Too Young To Die*
117. Treasure
118. Truth Will Out
119. The Undesirable Element
120. Vicious Circle
121. Wages Of Sin
122. What The Future Holds
123. When Love Dies*
124. Where Children Play
125. Who Killed Mohtta?
126. Who Really Cares
127. Women For Sale
128. The Worshippers
129. You Never Know
130. Zero Hour
NB. † No longer exists * Out of Print

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by stonecoldcafe: 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
Takes me back. Where can one get them now?

2 Likes

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by spacyzuma(m): 2:14pm On May 02, 2017
stonecoldcafe:
Takes me back. Where can one get them now?

You can buy a lot of them here: www.sunshinenigeria.com/pacesetters

I also heard there's a shop at Ikeja City Mall that has most of them.

1 Like

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by Merceline(f): 9:01pm On May 02, 2017
I was in love with pacesetters when I was in sec. sch. I still love them. I Dont even care about the title of the book once it is published by pacesetters, I just read. I feel the words walking around me. I imagine every line and I feel what every character feels. their books are literally an interaction

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by rachealfst(f): 9:54pm On May 02, 2017
Wow!!! Pace setters series...A trip down memory lane. one of my Dad's favourite collections. I'll never forget one of the best book I read by the Pace setters. "The infamous act"
I'll read it over and over again. Thanks for sharing this OP.
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by Hardeybaryor(m): 9:10am On Jan 24, 2018
I just remember those series today and decided to check'em up online only to see this thread. It means I'm not the only one missing those series. Each sentence and actions of each character of their novels are what anyone can relate to. My best so far has been Sisi by Yemi Sikuade

2 Likes

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by maggilove(f): 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
I love pacesetters series especially FOR MBATHA AND RABEKA, a wonderful love story.

2 Likes

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by marvel15(m): 7:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
the story i enjoyed most was love on the rocks,forgive me maryam,sweet revenge
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by queenesthr(f): 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
Good job OP. You took your time to compile the full set and arranged alphabetically .
Takes me down memory lane. I read the earlier ones in my primary and secondary school days. The likes of Director! , Too cold for comfort, For Mbatha and Rabeka etc. Children of these days no longer have the reading culture we had.
Thanks once more

2 Likes

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by Preator: 7:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
This series and African writers series must be preserved. Does anyone knows where I can get these books now?
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by mafla28: 6:46am On Mar 30, 2019
How do you download
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by marvel15(m): 8:04am On Mar 30, 2019
Please where can I find this book
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by zeromeridian: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2019
I just called the link you gave and they don't even have one in stock. I need my kids to read them. I went to the internet to reach before l saw this thread. I need how l can get one even if it is Tokumbo

2 Likes

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by ELibraryNG: 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
Pacesetters Novels - PDF Download

For Mbatha and Rabeka By David G. Maillu

Country-bred Mbatha and Rabeka are childhood sweethearts and seemed destined for each other. Illness takes Rabeka to hospital in Nairobi, and while she is recuperating she meets the sophisticated Mawa with dramatic consequences for all of them.

Download Here:- https://afribookhub.com/book/for-mbatha-and-rabeka-by-david-g-maillu/

Cross Fire by Kalu Okpi

In 1969, a small party of Biafran soldiers intercept an airdrop of half a million pounds meant for the Federal Army. Disagreement leads to murder before the party returns to base. In 1981 the incident begins to have repercussions for the only officer present Abbas. Tragedy strikes his only daughter and he is driven to exact a terrible revenge.

Download Here:- https://afribookhub.com/book/cross-fire-by-kalu-okpi/

3 Likes

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by ELibraryNG: 9:14am On Jul 17, 2020

The Equatorial Assignment by David G. Maillu

The newly appointed Benni Kamba, 009 in the secret service of NISA, risks his life to destroy an international Afro-Mafia organization which is trying to rule all African by planting puppet Presidents in every state. They are led by the megalomaniac Dr Thunder. 009 falls victim to the beautiful Colonel Swipta. His true love is almost forgotten as he penetrates the base from which she and Dr. Thunder operate.

Download Here:- https://afribookhub.com/book/the-equatorial-assignment-by-david-g-maillu/

Have Mercy by Joseph Mangut

Mariom Macham’s life seems in ruins when he has to leave college because he has no money. With no job and his family facing poverty, Mariom gets involved with petty crime. Before he realises it, events escalate and he finds himself in a desperate situation.

Download Here:- https://afribookhub.com/book/have-mercy-by-joseph-mangut/

2 Likes

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by Deblow: 2:26am On Oct 29, 2020
More pls
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by beleza(f): 11:18am On Jan 22, 2021
I have some titles available for sale...hit me up if interested..

Price is 1700.

Location is Lagos

2 Likes

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by hbid: 2:44am On Jun 21, 2021
please whatsapp me on 0.8.1.8.0.6.3.9.7.0.6
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by omoba4real: 8:33am On Oct 12, 2021
You can get the pacesetter novels here https://youtu.be/XrbPywIyCDM

2 Likes

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by ELibraryNG: 6:40am On Dec 11, 2021

A Fresh Start by Helen Ovbiagele

Osifo Egie and Ndidi Amerigo meet briefly as teenagers through a family friendship but thereafter their lives take very different directions. By the time fate brings them together again the unhappiness they have both suffered may keep them apart forever.

Download Here:- https://afribookhub.com/book/a-fresh-start-by-helen-ovbiagele/

Bonds of Love by Hope Dube

When Constance Majolo sets out to record Mrs Clark’s last will and testament she does so reluctantly, feeling her hard-earned university skills are being wasted, Little does she realize that Mrs Clark’s request to find her son will take Constance on an exciting and challenging search.

Download Here:- https://afribookhub.com/book/bonds-of-love-by-hope-dube/

Sisi by Yemi Sikuade

Ibrahim is sent to Lagos to finish his schooling. He meets the young lady Sisi and love blossoms. But after a misunderstanding about a photograph he is thrown out of the house and forbidden to see Sisi ever again. Is their love doomed?

Download Here:- https://afribookhub.com/book/sisi-by-yemi-sikuade/

The Undesirable Element by Mohammed Sule

Before his death, Mallam Shehu entrusts the care of his daughter, Bintu, to an old friend and begs her to fulfil his solemn vow that the girl will marry Faruk Abdu on his return from Europe. But before his return, events take a twist and lead Bintu down the path to tragedy.

Download Here:- https://afribookhub.com/book/the-undesirable-element-by-mohammed-sule/

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by symbianDON(m): 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2022
omoba4real:
You can get the pacesetter novels here https://youtu.be/XrbPywIyCDM
please how can I get copies of these novels? How much each?
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by ExploreWithToy: 10:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
You forgot to include the Delinquent.

Modified: Seen
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by PacesettersInfo: 1:13pm On Jun 03, 2022

Director! by Agbo Areo

From the time he first visit Ibadan as a young boy, Akinduro Falana is intrigued by the excitement and vitality of city life. As a student at school, as a driver’s apprentice and finally as the Managing Director of his own business, Akin uses his wits and cunning to make a place for himself in the city and to acquire the luxuries which are the rewards of material successes.

But ultimately Akin has reason to wonder whether he has triumphed over the city, or the city over him

Download:- https://pacesettersnovels.com/novel/director-by-agbo-areo/

The Hopeful Lovers by Agbo Areo

Roseline Momoh enters university full of optimism. Her academic record is good, she has been accepted to study the subjects of her choice and, of most importance, she has met and fallen in love with a young medical student, Tade Eji, who reciprocates her feelings. But the relationship is not all that Roseline believes it to be and Tade’s character leads him, in spite of himself, to jeopardize his chances of happiness.

Download:- https://pacesettersnovels.com/novel/the-hopeful-lovers-by-agbo-areo/

Love by Kalu Okpi

Love and Nkem are born within hours of each other in the same hospital and their lives seem fated to be inextricably joined together. The Civil War in Nigeria plays its tragic role in parting them for many years. Can they find each other, and happiness, again?

Download:- https://pacesettersnovels.com/novel/love-by-kalu-okpi/

1 Like

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by starexjnr(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
marvel15:
Please where can I find this book
I have them sir, reach out
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by PacesettersInfo: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2022

Love’s Dilemma by Walije Gondwe

Towera’s ordered life as one of the first female demonstrators in the Department of Agriculture is threatened when the handsome, plausible Luka Mwawomba is posted to the same place. Towera soon finds herself falling in love with him, in spite of her better judgement. Luka, however, is a weak character and Towera has to struggle with her feelings for him and the knowledge that he is cheating her. What is the answer to her dilemma? Can she overlook his shortcomings?

Download:- https://pacesettersnovels.com/novel/loves-dilemma-by-walije-gondwe/

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by PacesettersInfo: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2022

Angel of Death by Nandi Dlovu

Zak Biko is a tall good-looking black South African, born in the township of Soweto, who has become internationally famous for his prowess as an ace detective with the FBI in New York City. His involvement with the ‘Angel of Death’ begins late one stormy night when his Mercedes stalls outside a darkened, lonely house and the silence is broken by the terrified scream of a young girl.

Download Here:- https://pacesettersnovels.com/novel/angel-of-death-by-nandi-dlovu/

1 Like

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by NuraSambo: 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by starexjnr(m): 4:59am On Oct 27, 2022
NuraSambo:
Hello. I assume you have copies of the pacesetters book series. How can I get/purchase them from you?
hello, here is my whatsapp number
You can send me yours too so I'll get in touch
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by PacesettersInfo: 5:09am On Oct 30, 2022

Naira Power by Buchi Emecheta

Naira gives Ramonu power over justice up to a point… When the power fails the consequences for him are horryfing – and witnessed by the girl who has loved him secretly for years.

Download:- https://pacesettersnovels.com/novel/naira-power-by-buchi-emecheta/

1 Like

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by Hardvance(m): 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2022
I have a link to get pacesetter books....hard copies.

When I get mine, I'll share it here....

1 Like

Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by Teeneyo(m): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2023
Any news yet on getting the pacesetter hardcopy
Re: The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series by liquidmetal: 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2023
I don't even know if it's part of the Pacesetters series, but read a book (can't remember the title again) and main character was a Kenyan Wanyonyi Wafula who was too shy to date a Somalian girl or so. That's all I can remember now. Can you help me if it's part of the Pacesetters series?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls / Maga No Need Pay / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.