Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (1523 Views)

You Think You Know Nigeria: Which City Gate Is This? (photo) / Guyana - Telling It As It Is / Living In Guyana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by fame12k(m): 12:44am On Mar 20, 2015
Hi all, I am about to make a decision between choosing a lecturing Job offer in Texila American University in Guyana or a Federal University offer here in Nigeria.. please which one do u think is better?

Thank you.
Re: . by fame12k(m): 2:22am On Mar 20, 2015
response pls
Re: . by 19naia(m): 3:56am On Mar 20, 2015
Guayana is quite the Jungle.. And i mean it is mostly forested in pristine amazon jungle... It is low population and quite a simple place with little hustle to it compared to life in most Nigerian cities... If you like laid back small town or village lifestyle and lots of jungle fruits and wild meat and fish, then that is the place for you.. Its an adventure though if you are looking to experience beyond.

Salary comparisn is beyond my knowledge.. I am not sure if salary will be enough compared to Nigeria, but maybe stability will be moreso in Guayana.. Especially if it really is an american school.. If it is, then go for the opportunity to make further connections in a working field that is affiliated with america.. You never know, they may find a future position for you in america or another country in the Americas or beyond..
Working in federal government institutions in Nigeria is a career but not a world adventure by far, and many are always in line for the one top position.. Some times salary goes unpaid for months in some Nigerian states

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ibkgab001: 4:46am On Mar 20, 2015
Even I would prefer to work in Benin or Togo than Nigeria.... Accumulated unpaid salary kills more than hypertension..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by frank94(m): 6:45am On Mar 20, 2015
Relax Dont rush and make decision you will regret letter in life,make a good research,evaluate the two options before you decide.
Re: . by Henix(m): 8:16am On Mar 20, 2015
Federal University's offer is a good one. Good salary package, job security, no racism, etc. Get ur PhD, work earnestly on research and publications, and see urself earning real good in Nigerian Federal University

1 Like

Re: . by fame12k(m): 9:22am On Mar 20, 2015
thanks for d response... more suggestion pls
Re: . by fame12k(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
more suggestions.
Re: . by huhmuhyehmi(m): 7:45am On Mar 24, 2015
Take a vacation to guyana for at least a week and know d environment before deciding…
Re: . by fame12k(m): 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
huhmuhyehmi:
Take a vacation to guyana for at least a week and know d environment before deciding…

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately both offers will be finalized almost about the same time, moreover traveling to Guyana to survey is too expensive for me.

Thanks
Re: . by huhmuhyehmi(m): 7:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
fame12k:

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately both offers will be finalized almost about the same time, moreover traveling to Guyana to survey is too expensive for me.

Thanks
den, I suggest u grab Naija's offer cos wt dat, u will av enough if not more than enough time to run a private business to garner some more money plus a monthly alert from FG….

btw, av u compared d salary and d available allowances?
Re: . by Moana(f): 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
OP what do you know about the University in Guyana and the living standards?
Re: . by Originalsly: 6:02am On Mar 25, 2015
Never assume. Texila has nothing to do with America....and University is just a catch name and has nothing to do with tertiary education. I know you haven't....but try as you may..you will never see a photo of their "campus".....nor learn of how many ehmmm....how few students are enrolled. Your local village Primary School "campus" ... staff and student body would be larger than Texila's. You will do much better teaching in a secondary school here in Nigeria...regardless of how much, if and when you are paid. Look before you leap.....to the other side of the earth.
Re: . by Generalkorex(m): 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
19naia:
Guayana is quite the Jungle.. And i mean it is mostly forested in pristine amazon jungle... It is low population and quite a simple place with little hustle to it compared to life in most Nigerian cities... If you like laid back small town or village lifestyle and lots of jungle fruits and wild meat and fish, then that is the place for you.. Its an adventure though if you are looking to experience beyond.

Salary comparisn is beyond my knowledge.. I am not sure if salary will be enough compared to Nigeria, but maybe stability will be moreso in Guayana.. Especially if it really is an american school.. If it is, then go for the opportunity to make further connections in a working field that is affiliated with america.. You never know, they may find a future position for you in america or another country in the Americas or beyond..
Working in federal government institutions in Nigeria is a career but not a world adventure by far, and many are always in line for the one top position.. Some times salary goes unpaid for months in some Nigerian states
gbam
u nailed it

(1) (Reply)

Destination Of The Week: Lafia / Please Where In EUROPE Or ASIA Can I Achieve These? / Most Disgusting Foods In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.