Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

B’haram Leader Escapes Military Raid In Kadun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B’haram Leader Escapes Military Raid In Kadun (552 Views)

Wife Of Captured B’haram Leader Makes Shocking Revelations To Nigeria Troops / We Know Your Hideouts, Surrender Now, Army Tells B’haram / You Are A Noise Maker, Army Chief Tells B’haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B’haram Leader Escapes Military Raid In Kadun by abouyusuf: 1:52am On Mar 20, 2015
A SUSPECTED leader of the Boko Haram insurgents on Wednesday night escaped a military raid on his hideout in the Ugwan Dosa area of Kaduna.

The Boko Haram leader, whose name was given as Mallam Muhammed Mai Borno, was said to be taken refuge in Kaduna after he was flushed out of Maiduguri in Borno State.

He was said to have escaped with his wife through an escape door, blocked with cartons but painted to look like a brick wall fence of the house.

The raid was said to have been a joint operation by soldiers, policemen and operatives of the Department of State Service.

Our correspondent learnt that the security operatives had mounted surveillance on the house, situated at No. 4 Fulani Road, Ugwan Dosa, Kaduna State, for several hours.

The building was said to have been leased out to the suspect, who was said to have moved into the premises with his wife late last year.

Already, the owner of the property had been arrested by security agencies for further interrogation.

Meanwhile, a resident of the area said the suspect had been discreet about his background and family members since he moved into the house last year.

“When we asked after his children, he said they were in school somewhere in the North-East and we discovered that he was always travelling and we never suspected any foul play until we started hearing gunshots in the night,” the source said.

Another resident of the area, Usman Ahmed, said security operatives arrived the area around 12 midnight and cordoned off, followed by sporadic gunshots.

He said, “I was woken up by the gunshots. Initially I thought it was a robbery attack and I called the leader of the vigilante group in the area who assured me that there was no cause for alarm.

“When the gunshots persisted I tried to call some of my neighbours that I can remember their phone numbers, it was then that one of them told me that he sighted security men from his window and that he believed the gunshots were from them. I became comfortable and told my family to go back to bed assuring them that all was well.”

The Public Relations Officer of the 1 Mechanised Division of the Nigerian Army in Kaduna, Col. Abdul Usman, said he had not been briefed by the operation officer.

Usman promised to get back to our correspondent with the details of the operation but he did not call back as of the time of filing this report.
http://www.punchng.com/news/bharam-leader-escapes-military-raid-in-kaduna/
http://naijaroof.com/2015/03/20/bharam-leader-…-raid-in-kadun/
Re: B’haram Leader Escapes Military Raid In Kadun by kestolove95(m): 1:54am On Mar 20, 2015
Why una dey suffer una self for pesin wey knw dey gree die?

1 Like

Re: B’haram Leader Escapes Military Raid In Kadun by Tolexander: 1:56am On Mar 20, 2015
he escaped or they allowed him to escape!

2 Likes

Re: B’haram Leader Escapes Military Raid In Kadun by walexGodson(m): 2:07am On Mar 20, 2015
Let them try again
Re: B’haram Leader Escapes Military Raid In Kadun by oluwafemi113(m): 2:47am On Mar 20, 2015
It can only be under this present administration.

Everything done change

Nigeria Police (now PDP Police)

Nigeria Defence Academic ( now PDP Defence Academic)

Nigeria labour congress (now PDP congress)

Africa independent television ( now PDP television)

OPC ( now PDP OPC )

NFF ( now PDP NFF). ETC

Common 1 + 1 that used to be 2 is now 11

Chia Chia This present administration no go kill us oooo

We really change and

The change start from me and you for better tomorrow

Vote wisely
Don't sale your vote
Vote GMB
Vote APC for better change

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Is The Best, President We Ever Had! / Who Really Killed General Abacha? / North-based Igbos Declare Support For Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.