Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

My Questions About Pastors In Politics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Questions About Pastors In Politics (360 Views)

Ten Richest Pastors In Nigeria 2017 And Their Net Worth / Top 6 Pastors That Are Heavily Involved In Politics / Redeemed Pastors In President Buhari's Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Questions About Pastors In Politics by folks4luv(f): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
concerning Pastors in politics:
I can't say whether it is right or wrong, but i have questions that may help me decide.
1. Pastor Adeboye for example said he won't stop any pastor from joining politics but such pastor must first resign. now d question is, as a pastor, were u appointed or called? if called, what is the weight of your calling? now, it is easy to terminate an appointment, but is it that easy to end one's calling and ministry? considering that the bible says His gifts and calling are without repentance.
2. in the old testament, during the time of the Judges, it was God who raise a Judge who acts as but a spiritual and political head, but after Israel demanded for a King, the King became the political head while the Chief priest (and a prophet or seer) holds d political fort. can't remember a place a priest tried to take over the political office, King Uzziah however tried to handle d spiritual part but he ended up with leprosy, Saul tried it too, he was punished for it. looking at most countries in the world, the head of state, president, whatever name we call it stands in the political office, either chosen or imposed, now, should a pastor who is suppose to hold d spiritual fort switch to political? can we say that is actually the mind of God, scripturally speaking, sentiments apart?

(1) (Reply)

Islam Is An Arabic Culture Yes Or No / Can Juju Catch White Celebrities? / Making A Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.