Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Why Is Jumia.com Wasting My Time And Money? Is This A Scam? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is Jumia.com Wasting My Time And Money? Is This A Scam? (1272 Views)

Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank / Buhari: BDC Is A Scam And Drain To Nigeria / 3 Areas Where Money Is Hidden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Jumia.com Wasting My Time And Money? Is This A Scam? by SYLVA247(m): 1:11am On Mar 21, 2015
I have great regards for jumia as the number one online retail outlets
since the introduction of Pay On Delivery.

But their major PROBLEM is on how to tackle Customer's needs if there occur
any problem along the line especially if the item you purchase has problem and you
need a replacement.
Men just like me you have to wait for decades and all emails and calls,.. to them,
you are joking.
Here is one of my case which has not been solved for over 2weeks.
It's just a copy of my emails to them;

To Jumia,

This is almost the 5th time I am writing to you on the same matter. I've told you that the voucher code you raised for me for the return of Order No. 306531516 valued at N59,900 is less than what I paid for that order.

For clearance purpose, I will still give you a breakdown on how I made my purchase.

Initial voucher code you gave to me based on my first return of same item is REFdf91b and is valued at 66, 837 NGN." I hope you are clear here?

Ok, see how I used it.

1. I made a purchase of two items with in this order number; 306531516. I returned the DVD to you because it's faulty while the phone was out of stock. This means, I should get back whatever I spent on this order. Now see screen shot of what you charged. me below;

See the First Screen Shot;

That's a Total of ----------------------- N63,674 with the shipping fee you charged (Please take note of this figure here).

I paid nothing on this order because it was deducted from the initial voucher code you gave to me based on the first returned item,
Remember I still have a balance from the initial voucher code right?

The balance is simply N66,837 - 63,674 = N3,163.

2. I used the balance in the purchase of a printer in Order Number ; 307531516.

See the screen shot of how the payment went below;

See the Second Screen Shots

​That's another total of -------------- N17,232. This what I suppose to pay totally if there was no Voucher code or deduction, but.......................

I have to pay N14,069 if the order arrives instead of N17,232.
Why?
Because the balance of the initial voucher code valued at N3,163 was used this purchase here.
i.e N17,232 - N3,163 (Voucher Code Balance) = N14,069.

I hope this explanation makes sense to someone here?

My Conclusion

1. The Voucher code value of N59,900 you gave to me on the second returned item is lesser than what you collected on the day of purchase. You collected N63,674 from the initial voucher code on this order No; 306531516. And when you want to pay back due one returned item and one item out of stock, you forgot about the Shipping fee you charged.
Please make the correction or raise another voucher of N3,774 to make up with what I exactly paid for the this order.

2, Note that I will still request for the balance of N3,163 from the initial voucher code used in the order No; 307531516 (the printer) later on because I have not received it up till now. Why the delay please?

Accountability is the keyword. I may not write to you again as regards to this issue but will definitely allow people all over the world to hear my plea and cry out over a week now to you people. I have been writing, calling and trying to clarify this amicably but no one since to do anything.

I want the voucher code value you sent to be completed first to N63,674 before I will take next step on how to get the balance.

Thanks."

I have been writing, calling, pleading to jumia for this particular issue every day but no show.
Since they've keep to deaf ear, I think the whole world should hear about this b/c I am not going t stop at nairaland alone
except something is done.
I am angry because I am their regular customer, so why should they treat me this way?

Please has anyone such an experience or suggestion on what to do next here?
[size=12pt][/size]

Re: Why Is Jumia.com Wasting My Time And Money? Is This A Scam? by princealbashir: 5:55am On Mar 21, 2015
Sorry bro! Feel your pain! Sorry I can't help! But I pray they refund your hard earned money ASAP. I hope a staff of Jumia see$ this and do something!
Re: Why Is Jumia.com Wasting My Time And Money? Is This A Scam? by JumiaOnline(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
Dear SYLVA247,

Thank you for shopping with us.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

We have been making efforts to contact you over the telephone, but no one is answering the calls.

Kindly respond on here once you are able to pick our calls, so we can call you back immediately.

Thank you for your patience.
Re: Why Is Jumia.com Wasting My Time And Money? Is This A Scam? by SYLVA247(m): 11:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
JumiaOnline:
Dear SYLVA247,

Thank you for shopping with us.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

We have been making efforts to contact you over the telephone, but no one is answering the calls.

Kindly respond on here once you are able to pick our calls, so we can call you back immediately.

Thank you for your patience.

So you people know what to do and refused to do it for a very long time now, ehh?
Maybe you saw this post and acted quickly.

Well, I am glad you finally completed the voucher code today and I have used
it for a re-purchase of another item.

I am still waiting for you to raise a voucher for the laptop I just return to you.
I've got an email that you've received the return item (Order No;305177836)
And it's total purchase value is N74,769.00 with shipping inclusive.

I hope this is not going to take another 3 weeks if someone there raise an under
value voucher code.

My candid advice is for jumia to respond to issues quickly before it get out of hand.

Just my own little tips lol!
Re: Why Is Jumia.com Wasting My Time And Money? Is This A Scam? by SYLVA247(m): 9:14am On Mar 29, 2015
Jumia will always remain jumia.

I don't know when they will improve on solving customers needs within 24 or 48 hrs
like other sites do. Maybe they forgot they have a lot of competitors.
In my last reply to this thread, I added;

"I am still waiting for you to raise a voucher for the laptop I just return to you.
I've got an email that you've received the return item (Order No;305177836)
And it's total purchase value is N74,769.00 with shipping inclusive".

Jumia has not been able to do anything as regards to this second issue for over a week now.

I have written emails, make several calls, got promises that they will solve my problem.

But all proved negative.

What is holding you jumia?
Re: Why Is Jumia.com Wasting My Time And Money? Is This A Scam? by SYLVA247(m): 11:11am On Mar 30, 2015
Jumia has finally solve my probs.
I have nothing against them except for
some delays in response to return issues.

For now, I can still do biz with them.

Case closed!

(1) (Reply)

How I Made My First N60,000 In 3 Hours / Should I Buy A Land Or Invest In Business?... Your Advice Counts / Tips On How HR Department Can Contribute To Organisation's Success In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.