Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo (1238 Views)

BREAKING: Buhari’s Full Ambassadorial List / President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text / Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by Ultimate300(m): 1:53am On Mar 21, 2015
“They have been
painting Buhari
black using
religion, but I am
happy today that
Nigerians have
discovered that PDP
is using religion as
a cover to loot
Nigeria. They have
grounded the
country. Whoever
talks to you about
religion in this
country is a liar, he
wants to loot. He
wants to loot the
little resources
Nigerians will
enjoy. Say no to
religious politics,
they are using it to
deceive the people.
When my husband
is elected,
insecurity, girl child
trafficking,
suffering of widows
in the South-East
will come to an
end. There must be
a cultural design
that will
accommodate
widows in the
South-East and a
policy that will
make a girl child
comfortable in this
country. Our girls
do not need to
leave Nigeria to
prostitute abroad,
it is not our
portion. Our
portion is to train
our children to be
future leaders.
Girl child trafficking
can be considered
as one of our
problems in the
South-South zone. I
know there is
unemployment
here too.
Unemployment is
the major cause of
brain drain and girl
child trafficking.
Gen. Buhari is a
leader, he led
Nigeria years ago
and he is coming
back now to
sanitise the system.
For those who are
saying that he is
coming to jail
Nigerians, I don’t
know what their
fear is.
They should not be
afraid because we
are all yearning for
change. There is
insecurity in the
country, bad
healthcare system,
decay in the
educational sector
and there are other
basic necessities
that our people are
lacking. I think
Nigeria needs
Buhari now.”

source: http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/03/20/aisha-buhari-says-pdp-is-using-religion-as-a-cover-to-loot-nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by Ultimate300(m): 1:56am On Mar 21, 2015
PDP just lying to nigerians, aisha buhari didnt insult edo people at all. Gmb all the way to aso rock.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by Ultimate300(m): 1:57am On Mar 21, 2015
Afam4eva,
maclatunji, Ngwakwe,
Ikenna351, OAM4J) please take this to front page, 4 justice.
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by Rexsul: 2:45am On Mar 21, 2015
Hmmmmm.......Politics!...owk continue. God wit c us. Diaries God in everytn we r doin!!
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by shaqhead: 2:59am On Mar 21, 2015
Words effusing so much class and depth of knowledge of issues!
You must give it to ds woman...shes got brains n beauty!

No basis for comparison!.! None!.

#Sai GMB
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by Trut(m): 3:04am On Mar 21, 2015
@OP

The deed has been done, stop posting epistle.
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by nzeadachie: 3:32am On Mar 21, 2015
SHE NEVER TRAIN ALL THOSE BORN THROWAWAY CHILDREN THAT THEY'RE PRODUCING IN THE NORTH BEFORE COMING TO EDO STATE TO TALK NONSENSE, BY THE WAY I THINK THAT JIHADI BUHARI SAID THAT HE WILL SCRAP THE OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY, WHY IS SHE GOING AROUND WASTING HER TIME FOR SOMETHING THAT SHE KNOWS THAT WILL NEVER REACH HER AND HER HUSBAND?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by Alphaoscar: 3:42am On Mar 21, 2015
Thank God I watched the video recording of the colourful event maybe I would've been among those insulting Mrs Buhari now.

Shame on PDP and their online goons. But come to think of it, what happen to the policy of verifying the truthfulness of stories before they hit Nairaland's FP? Maybe this is one area Lalasticala need to pay more attention to in his discharge of his duty.

http://www.punchng.com/news/unemployment-causing-girl-child-trafficking-brain-drain-buharis-wife/
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by Alphaoscar: 3:45am On Mar 21, 2015
Ultimate300:
“They have been
painting Buhari
black using
religion, but I am
happy today that
Nigerians have
discovered that PDP
is using religion as
a cover to loot
Nigeria. They have
grounded the
country. Whoever
talks to you about
religion in this
country is a liar, he
wants to loot. He
wants to loot the
little resources
Nigerians will
enjoy. Say no to
religious politics,
they are using it to
deceive the people.
When my husband
is elected,
insecurity, girl child
trafficking,
suffering of widows
in the South-East
will come to an
end. There must be
a cultural design
that will
accommodate
widows in the
South-East and a
policy that will
make a girl child
comfortable in this
country. Our girls
do not need to
leave Nigeria to
prostitute abroad,
it is not our
portion. Our
portion is to train
our children to be
future leaders.
Girl child trafficking
can be considered
as one of our
problems in the
South-South zone. I
know there is
unemployment
here too.
Unemployment is
the major cause of
brain drain and girl
child trafficking.
Gen. Buhari is a
leader, he led
Nigeria years ago
and he is coming
back now to
sanitise the system.
For those who are
saying that he is
coming to jail
Nigerians, I don’t
know what their
fear is.
They should not be
afraid because we
are all yearning for
change. There is
insecurity in the
country, bad
healthcare system,
decay in the
educational sector
and there are other
basic necessities
that our people are
lacking. I think
Nigeria needs
Buhari now.”

source: http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/03/20/aisha-buhari-says-pdp-is-using-religion-as-a-cover-to-loot-nigeria/

You have done a great job and I will advice you to further include the video link . Thanks
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by kahal29: 3:51am On Mar 21, 2015
PDP using religion to loot Nigeria, says Buhari’s wife
on march 20, 2015 at 12:29 am in news
Facebook Share Twitter Share

By Simon Ebegbulem & Gabriel Enogholase

BENIN— WIFE of former Head of State and Presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, Hajia Aishat Buhari, yesterday in Benin City, Edo State, accused the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, of using religious politics as a decoy to loot the nation’s treasury, adding that Nigerians must vote the party out before it grounds the country completely.
She also lampooned the PDP for the alleged campaign of calumny launched against her husband such as telling Nigerians that the intention of her husband, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, would be to jail Nigerians if voted into power, saying that only those who have “something to hide” should be scared and not innocent Nigerians who deserve power, good education and other basic amenities of life.

This came as Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State insisted that Nigerians will continue to witness power outage unless the PDP was voted out of power, adding that after 16 years in office, rather than revive and build more refineries which, according to him, will create jobs, the PDP allegedly destroyed the refineries so as to continue to import fuel and kerosene to the detriment of Nigerians.

Hajia Buhari, who addressed Edo State women at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, said: “They have been painting Buhari black using religion, but I am happy today that Nigerians have discovered that PDP is using religion as a cover to loot Nigeria. They have grounded the country. Whoever talks to you about religion in this country is a liar, he wants to loot. He wants to loot the little resources Nigerians will enjoy. Say no to religious politics, they are using it to deceive the people.
“When my husband is elected, insecurity, girl child trafficking, suffering of widows in the South-East will come to an end. There must be a cultural design that will accommodate widows in the South-East and a policy that will make a girl child comfortable in this country. Our girls do not need to leave Nigeria to prostitute abroad, it is not our portion. Our portion is to train our children to be future leaders.
“Girl child trafficking can be considered as one of our problems in the South-South zone. I know there is unemployment here too. Unemployment is the major cause of brain drain and girl child trafficking. Gen. Buhari is a leader, he led Nigeria years ago and he is coming back now to sanitise the system. For those who are saying that he is coming to jail Nigerians, I don’t know what their fear is.

“They should not be afraid because we are all yearning for change. There is insecurity in the country, bad healthcare system, decay in the educational sector and there are other basic necessities that our people are lacking. I think Nigeria needs Buhari now.”
In her welcome address, wife of the deputy Governor of Edo State, Mrs Endurance Odubu, who commended Governor Oshiomhole for the opportunities given to women in the state to excel, described Gen. Buhari as the leader Nigerians deserve at this point in time “to revive our economy and end this prevailing suffering in Nigeria today.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/pdp-using-religion-to-loot-nigeria-says-buharis-wife/
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by kahal29: 3:59am On Mar 21, 2015
Unemployment causing girl child trafficking, brain drain – Buhari’s wife

MARCH 19, 2015 : ALEXANDER OKERE, BENIN
24 Comments

Wife of the presidential ‎candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, on Thursday identified unemployment as a major factor causing girl-child trafficking and brain drain in the South-South geopolitical zone.

Mrs. Buhari, who made this known while addressing women and party supporters at the Samuel ‎Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin, the Edo State capital, said her husband was coming back to sanitise the system, adding that Nigeria needed a person like him.

Present at the event were the State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole; his mother, Aisha Oshiomhole; Deputy Governor, Dr. Pius Odubu; wives of the APC National Chairman and Deputy Governor, Mrs. Victoria Oyegun and Mrs. Endurance Odubu respectively ‎as well as candidates and other leaders of the party.

The wife of the former Head of State decried the use of religion in politics, which she said had been used to loot Nigerians “to nonsense,” and had been used against her husband during the 203, 2007 and 2011 presidential elections.

She also dismissed the fear ‎that her husband would jail Nigerians, if he became president, noting that all Nigerians desired change for development.

She said, “In each zone of the country, we have peculiar problems; our problems differ. For me, in this zone, girl-child trafficking sho‎uld be considered as one of our problems, though I know that there is unemployment. Unemployment is a major factor that contributes to brain drain and also the girl child trafficking.

“General Muhammadu Buhari is a leader. He was a leader; he led Nigeria some years ago and he is coming back now to sanitise the system. For those that are campaigning, saying that he is coming to jail Nigerians, I don’t know what they fear.

“But they shouldn’t because we are all yearning for change; the insecurity of the country, the very very bad welfare system, lack of education and other basic necessities that people are lacking. I think they need somebody like him(Buhari) now.

“And already, some years back, they had painted him black, using religion. I’m happy today Nigerians discover that they used religion as a cover to loot Nigerians to nonsense; they have grounded the country. Whoever, a politician, talks to you about religion, is a liar; he wants to loot the little resources we are supposed to enjoy. So, say no to politics, comparing it with religion, to deceive people.”

While urging women not to sell their Permanent Voter Cards but to use them to vote for a new Nigeria, she, however, assured them that her husband’s administration would uphold the development of the girl child, if elected.

Mrs. Buhari added, “I am here today to say that when my husband is elected into the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, all these are going to be history; the insecurity, girl child trafficking, suffering of the widows in the South-East will come to an end. There must be a cultural design to accommodate the widows; a design that will make the girl child be comfortable wherever she is in this country.

“The collection of PVCs is also important. Don’t ever sell it; it’s like selling your future again. When you sell it for N5,000, you won’t see N5,000 till after four years, which is too bad for you. Get your PVC, vote for APC, vote for freedom, good education, good healthcare, good road and all the basic necessities should be given to you. Thank so much for waiting in the sun for hours waiting to see me; I love you all.”

Oshiomhole stressed that the party desired to deliver quality development, achieve success in the various sectors of the country, especially in education and job creation, as it had done in the state, noting that the APC was known for “workable projects” rather than “symbolic projects.”

He described Buhari, the APC presidential candidate, as a man of honour and courage, who had assured the people that the nation’s refineries would be revived to create jobs for qualified Nigerian engineers and put a stop to the importation of petrol and kerosene.

According to the governor, Niger‎ia is the only country where unemployed youths are made to pay to get jobs, urging the electorate to vote for change to reverse the suffering in the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/unemployment-causing-girl-child-trafficking-brain-drain-buharis-wife/
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by kahal29: 4:02am On Mar 21, 2015
Front page pls
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by sheymoni(m): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2015
I'll rather believe the serpent than PDP
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by mrmetoo1: 9:35am On Mar 21, 2015
GEJ supporters are disgusting liars, where did she mention Edo prostitutes??
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by rad1cal2: 9:36am On Mar 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:
GEJ supporters are disgusting liars, where did she mention Edo prostitutes??

You are the disgusting liar here.

The various dailies deliberately omitted this part . May God save us from APC media grip angry

[size=14pt]There must be a cultural design to accommodate the widows; a design that will make the girl child be comfortable wherever she is in this country, She doesn’t need to leave her country to Prostitute elsewhere, it is not her portion. Her portion is to have a moral, a highly standard moral society for her to live, get married, train them , train them and also mold them to become the future of our leaders [/size]

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by mrmetoo1: 9:41am On Mar 21, 2015
rad1cal2:

You are the disgusting liar here.

The various dailies deliberately omitted this part . May God save us from APC media grip angry

How is this even the same as my husband will stop Edo prostitution. Some of you guys even added to Italy. You guys talk like there's no video evidence
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by rad1cal2: 9:45am On Mar 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:

How is this even the same as my husband will stop Edo prostitution. Some of you guys even added to Italy. You guys talk like there's no video evidence

Is girl child child trafficking not prostitution

Didn't Aisha mention that the peculiar problem in that region is the girl child trafficking among others.

Didn't she say when her husband if voted in, the girl child won't need to go and prostitute elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by mrmetoo1: 9:51am On Mar 21, 2015
rad1cal2:

Is girl child child trafficking not prostitution

Didn't Aisha mention that the peculiar problem in that region is the girl child trafficking among others.

Didn't she say when her husband if voted in, the girl child won't need to go and prostitute elsewhere.

What is wrong in saying child trafficking is a problem?? Are we supposed to just close our eyes and wish our problems away?? She said she knows it comes down to unemployment. Child trafficking is a huge global problem that organizations all over the world try to deal with. Some of you guys have said it like she said she'll end Edo prostitution. You guys said it like she called Edo girls prostitutes.

The reason you guys are doing this is because of your first lady with her classy born throway speech. If you guys see the difference in delivery and intent then I continue to see the reason you guys support GEJ
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by rad1cal2: 9:59am On Mar 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:

What is wrong in saying child trafficking is a problem?? Are we supposed to just close our eyes and wish our problems away?? She said she knows it comes down to unemployment. Child trafficking is a huge global problem that organizations all over the world try to deal with. Some of you guys have said it like she said she'll end Edo prostitution. You guys said it like she called Edo girls prostitutes.

The reason you guys are doing this is because of your first lady with her classy born throway speech. If you guys see the difference in delivery and intent then I continue to see the reason you guys support GEJ

Just stop your mischief dude, your fellow APC muppets are screaming that she never mentioned the word "prostitutes" or Prostitution".

She was speaking in Edo state and we all know the common stereotype with Edo ladies. Who else will she be relating to and who else was her message meant to serve.

Tell me why the News dailies deliberately omitted the part i quoted. If you can justify that with a cogent reason then i will take you serious.

[size=14pt]There must be a cultural design to accommodate the widows; a design that will make the girl child be comfortable wherever she is in this country, She doesn’t need to leave her country to Prostitute elsewhere, it is not her portion. Her portion is to have a moral, a highly standard moral society for her to live, get married, train them , train them and also mold them to become the future of our leaders [/size]
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by aresa: 10:06am On Mar 21, 2015
^^^^ So, obvious problem in the society shouldn't be addressed because of ignorant stereotypes. See backward and incompetent TaNoid mentality.. grin
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by rad1cal2: 10:11am On Mar 21, 2015
aresa:
^^^^ So, obvious problem in the society shouldn't be addressed because of ignorant stereotypes. See backward and incompetent TaNoid mentality.. grin

So why were you all annoyed when google servers were populated with the "Yorubas are dirty" grin

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahhaha !!

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by mrmetoo1: 10:16am On Mar 21, 2015
rad1cal2:

Just stop your mischief dude, your fellow APC muppets are screaming that she never mentioned the word "prostitutes" or Prostitution".

She was speaking in Edo state and we all know the common stereotype with Edo ladies. Who else will she be relating to and who else was her message meant to serve.

Tell me why the News dailies deliberately omitted the part i quoted. If you can justify that with a cogent reason then i will take you serious.

APC members were not the one screaming prostitution, it was your PDP guys. They even created threads saying she said her husband will stop "Edo prostitution". Some were even specific and mentioned Italy. APC guys were just saying she never said prostitution.

Child trafficking and prostitution are very different to me. When I hear child trafficking, I think of children that were forcefully taken away from their homes to do all sorts of things in any part of the world they find themselves. These children don't do this willingly, they're not even old enough to take such decisions.

Prostitution to me is a profession, they say it's even the oldest profession in the world. Prostitution to me means these ladies/men went into it willingly for financial gain in most cases. The ones that are forced to prostitute are sex slaves which could bring us back to child trafficking.

So if she talks about child trafficking and warped minds immediately think Edo prostitutes, who's fault is it??
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by rad1cal2: 10:24am On Mar 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:

APC members were not the one screaming prostitution, it was your PDP guys. They even created threads saying she said her husband will stop "Edo prostitution". Some were even specific and mentioned Italy. APC guys were just saying she never said prostitution.

Child trafficking and prostitution are very different to me. When I hear child trafficking, I think of children that were forcefully taken away from their homes to do all sorts of things in any part of the world they find themselves. These children don't do this willingly, they're not even old enough to take such decisions.

Prostitution to me is a profession, they say it's even the oldest profession in the world. Prostitution to me means these ladies/men went into it willingly for financial gain in most cases. The ones that are forced to prostitute ate sex slaves which could bring us back to child trafficking.

So if she talks about child trafficking and warped minds immediately think Edo prostitutes, who's fault is it??

1) You are desperately trying to be smart. I said Girl child trafficking not just child trafficking. Girl trafficking are overwhelmingly used as sex workers or sex slaves.

2) You refused to explain why the dailies deliberately omitted the part below. What purpose were they trying to serve.

Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by shaqhead: 10:26am On Mar 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Prostitution to me is a profession, they say it's even the oldest profession in the world. Prostitution to me means these ladies/men went into it willingly for financial gain in most cases. The ones that are forced to prostitute are sex slaves which could bring us back to child trafficking.

Keep schooling em bro..nice one. I saw u hd a spat wt dt fellow whose notoriety is verbosity without an iota of sense.
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by mrmetoo1: 10:35am On Mar 21, 2015
shaqhead:

Keep schooling em bro..nice one. I saw u hd a spat wt dt fellow whose notoriety is verbosity without an iota of sense.

He puts words together and when you're done reading and you're like "whaaaaa??" Lol!

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by mrmetoo1: 10:38am On Mar 21, 2015
rad1cal2:

1) You are desperately trying to be smart. I said Girl child trafficking not just child trafficking. Girl trafficking are overwhelmingly used as sex workers or sex slaves.

2) You refused to explain why the dailies deliberately omitted the part below. What purpose were they trying to serve.

Do I work for the dailies, why do you keep asking me this??

Is a girl not a child. When a girl is not a child anymore they typically call them women.

At the end of the day, what's wrong in stopping "girl" trafficking or what's wrong in stopping girls being used as sex slaves. Sex "slaves" not sex "bosses" or sex "ceo". The word "slave" connotes inhumane activities a person is subjected to against that person's will.
Re: Aisha Buhari Full-text@edo by rad1cal2: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Do I work for the dailies, why do you keep asking me this??

Is a girl not a child. When a girl is not a child anymore they typically call them women.

The use of the term "Girl child trafficking" was very specific to address an issue. She would have just said said child trafficking but we know that aint the case here.

The dailies omitted that part simply because they were trying to be fraudulent in their reportage.

(1) (Reply)

FLASH: Jonathan In Early Lead / I Wonder How A Certain Dude Is Feeling Right Now / GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.