Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,677 members, 7,862,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

Wealth Parents And Extreme Coddling - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wealth Parents And Extreme Coddling (483 Views)

REVIEW - Bleep Me Silly Mega Masturbator By Pipedream Extreme intimacy gadgets / Pregnancy Shoot Taking To The Extreme !!!!!! / 9 Extreme Body Modifications You Can Blame On Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wealth Parents And Extreme Coddling by Ikengawo: 4:17am On Mar 21, 2015
Everywhere in the world, the children of the wealthy are coddled and 'spoiled', but no where in the world rivals the extremes Nigerians take it.
I know wealth Nigerian children that are literally allowed outside to see the sun on select occasion. Adults of 35 years old that aren't allowed to drive and live in their parents homes.

From not being allowed to play with other kids to having their parents support and in turn dictate their every move and direction. I know a girl that didn't bath herself until she was 10 years old. I know another guy (24) who spilled food on the floor when he finally got to live on his own and didn't know what to do next. He covered the mess with tissue paper and left it there.

The result is they are amassing wealth for children they've raised to be totally incapable of doing anything with it. Many of these kids reach the point where they not only can't make their own money, but can even maintain or keep the one their parents gave them. There's a sizeable chunk of children of wealth nigerians that have had so little opportunity to use their God given sense, abilities and instincts that at very old ages people are realizing their mind has yet to leave adolescence.

There's a great deal of paranoia in our culture, especially among our women, and among both genders there's a prevelent need to over-do and over indulge. Also, most parents see children as adages to their own ego and have an impossible time letting go of the idea that these adults aren't children and nowhere is this most recurrent than with rich families.

The less privileged have a freedom over their persons and identity that's often over looked.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does Disbelief In Superstitions Implies How Civilised One Is? / Osun Osogbo Festival: Marking 10 Years Of World Acceptance / A Nairalander's Message On A Day Like This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.