Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,194 members, 7,849,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:14 AM

My Question On Pastors In Politics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Question On Pastors In Politics. (445 Views)

Amina Mohammed Wins African Woman In Politics, Public Office Award / Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Question On Pastors In Politics. by folks4luv(f): 5:15am On Mar 21, 2015
concerning Pastors in politics:
I can't say whether it is right or wrong, but i
have questions that may help me decide.
1. Pastor Adeboye for example said he won't stop
any pastor from joining politics but such pastor
must first resign. now d question is, as a pastor,
were u appointed or called? if called, what is the
weight of your calling? now, it is easy to
terminate an appointment, but is it that easy to
end one's calling and ministry? considering that
the bible says His gifts and calling are without
repentance.
2. in the old testament, during the time of the
Judges, it was God who raise a Judge who acts
as but a spiritual and political head, but after
Israel demanded for a King, the King became the
political head while the Chief priest (and a
prophet or seer) holds d political fort. can't
remember a place a priest tried to take over the
political office, King Uzziah however tried to
handle d spiritual part but he ended up with
leprosy, Saul tried it too, he was punished for it.
looking at most countries in the world, the head
of state, president, whatever name we call it
stands in the political office, either chosen or
imposed, now, should a pastor who is suppose to
hold d spiritual fort switch to political? can we
say that is actually the mind of God, scripturally
speaking, sentiments apart?
Re: My Question On Pastors In Politics. by temitemi1(m): 5:24am On Mar 21, 2015
Love of cash is the root of all sins cheesy grin cheesy. GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: My Question On Pastors In Politics. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:34am On Mar 21, 2015
Nigerian politics is very dirty, so u as pastor be ready to soil ur hand with dirts as u sojourn in it. A pastor should know that he was called to redeem souls for God & not to go otherwise. So, I don't see a pastor going into Nigerian Politics specifically as a wise thing. Shalom!!!
Re: My Question On Pastors In Politics. by PrettyClare7(f): 6:01am On Mar 21, 2015
this situation is a difficult one to judge. However knowin how dirty politics in Nigeria is the pastor may not avoid soiling his hands. Look @ all murders and missing money yet unresolved with accusing fingers pointing @ politicians. Another side to it is that it is possible that he may liberate Nigeria if he is a person driven by Goodwill not by greed. Growing pastors also want to become popular and shine and be in the news like Oyakhilome and the rest.
Re: My Question On Pastors In Politics. by yuncka: 6:21am On Mar 21, 2015
Hehehe! Very funny my people.
The judges U spoke were ordained in Jewish tradition from birth, a particular lineage was choosen. Wit the coming of christianity through christ, it became a calling. The disciples where called and left all their profession and followed Christ. Although in some cases some of them did other works to gain income ( like Paul, Tent making).

To me its not wrong for a pastor to go into politics, wat matters is what he does wen he goes into it (ritual, looting,etc...)

If everyone should stick to their calling, many people would not be in politics. Example, the zoologist.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Guys Think Of This Picture? / PDP: Jonathan Plot The Road To June 12 / US,UK Say Global Spotlight Firmly Fixed On Nigerian Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.