Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? (1951 Views)

Help! How Do I Develop A Retentive Memory / FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. / I Want To Become A Lecturer, How Can I Develop My Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by SkinnyDude(m): 6:04am On Mar 21, 2015
Good morning everyone.
please, how do i develop hunger for reading? i hardly read these days, even when i try to. i dont exceed 1hour. i get tired and distracted immedietly. when i was in secondary school, i read like 'mad', which made me came 1st in every term. but now, am just an average student..
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by Grendel(m): 6:08am On Mar 21, 2015
Sell your phone to buy coffee.
Delete your Nairaland account.
Log out from your 2go and Facebook.
Chat only with your parents when you need something on Whatsapp.

Fight the urge for distractions grin

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by SkinnyDude(m): 6:11am On Mar 21, 2015
Grendel:
Sell your phone to buy coffee.
Delete your Nairaland account.
Log out from your 2go and Facebook.
Chat only with your parents when you need something on Whatsapp.

Fight the urge for distractions grin
if i do these things, i will die of boredom. i see some guys who have T.V., laptops and home theater, yet they dont get distracted. they read!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by Grendel(m): 6:14am On Mar 21, 2015
SkinnyDude:

if i do these things, i will die of boredom. i see some guys who have T.V., laptops and home theater, yet they dont get distracted. they read!
You are not practically ready to read your books

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by SkinnyDude(m): 6:15am On Mar 21, 2015
Grendel:

You are not practically ready to read your books
i'm ready. but i cant
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by Grendel(m): 6:22am On Mar 21, 2015
SkinnyDude:

i'm ready. but i cant
Make a time table for yourself then.
Time to read, time to chat, time to watch ball and time to Visit Nairaland..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by psucc(m): 6:31am On Mar 21, 2015
Just developed standard to achieve in your academic and then determine that you success is dependent on how much time you put into reading.

For one thing phone is addictive so try to switch it off and be ready to miss whatever for the sake of reading

1 Like

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by Fabdedon(m): 6:56am On Mar 21, 2015
SkinnyDude:
Good morning everyone.
please, how do i develop hunger for reading? i hardly read these days,.
starve your self from reading.. then when you fail no one would tell you to overfeed your self with reading wink
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 21, 2015
remove every distractions like girls, all social media platforms, football etc. Resist the temptation of going back to them.

There is time for every thing. This is the time to study.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by SkinnyDude(m): 6:59am On Mar 21, 2015
Grendel:

Make a time table for yourself then.
Time to read, time to chat, time to watch ball and time to Visit Nairaland..
thank you. nice
i will start doing now
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by SkinnyDude(m): 7:01am On Mar 21, 2015
psucc:
Just developed standard to achieve in your academic and then determine that you success is dependent on how much time you put into reading.

For one thing phone is addictive so try to switch it off and be ready to miss whatever for the sake of reading
thanks.
i appreciate.
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by golor(m): 7:14am On Mar 21, 2015
Op,it easy,all u need to do is,take ur bath in d night,have a nice meal then go to bed early latest 9pm mk sure u dnt exceed that time,set ur phone on alarm to wake up 3;30 a.m,when it time just wake up,use 15 mins to pee,clear ur eye for beta concentration,then take a glass of water,bro u re free to go.it work,make sure u read for about 2hours or 2hours 30mins,do that continually every day till it get use to u,it work,believe me u will b motivated to read,cos d weather will b cool to read nd ur brain will b at it best to capture and assimilate thing,it works for me,have help a lot off pple with this,believe me u will thank me lata,or if u Wana enjoy any reading make sure u have a nice sleep first,if it afternoon,immediately u hv ur nap just take a glass of water and read for like 1hour,all u read will enter .thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by SkinnyDude(m): 7:20am On Mar 21, 2015
golor:
Op,it easy,all u need to do is,take ur bath in d night,have a nice meal then go to bed early latest 9pm mk sure u dnt exceed that time,set ur phone on alarm to wake up 3;30 a.m,when it time just wake up,use 15 mins to pee,clear ur eye for beta concentration,then take a glass of water,bro u re free to go.it work,make sure u read for about 2hours or 2hours 30mins,do that continually every day till it get use to u,it work,believe me u will b motivated to read,cos d weather will b cool to read nd ur brain will b at it best to capture and assimilate thing,it works for me,have help a lot off pple with this,believe me u will thank me lata,or if u Wana enjoy any reading make sure u have a nice sleep first,if it afternoon,immediately u hv ur nap just take a glass of water and read for like 1hour,all u read will enter .thanks
thanks bro.
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by emmyw(m): 7:22am On Mar 21, 2015
SkinnyDude:
Good morning everyone.
please, how do i develop hunger for reading? i hardly read these days, even when i try to. i dont exceed 1hour. i get tired and distracted immedietly. when i was in secondary school, i read like 'mad', which made me came 1st in every term. but now, am just an average student..
wow,it a problem that some student face this days,but I have a little advice for you,if you are addicted to internet,reduce it,always focus and think about your dream when pick a book to read,try to resolve whatever is distracting you,and try to keep your phone away from you when reading.
Remind yourself of great achievers in Education,always motivate yourself by their examples. when you are away from your book,try and meditate on what you have read, GREAT READERS=»GREAT THINKERS=»GREAT LEADERS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by KillerBeauty(f): 7:50am On Mar 21, 2015
My advice. Get a good study environment preferably a library. Keep your phones at home, sit down upright. Make sure you have had enough sleep before coming to the library. Don't get a reading partner. Chew gum to keep you active. Then get a paper and a pen to jot down points from the book you are reading it enables you move your eyes from the pages, thereby preventing you from been bored easily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by JayTeeA(f): 7:53am On Mar 21, 2015
in my opinion just pick up the book and read!. while it comes easy for some, for others reading just has to.b a discipline not something you "feel" like doing.. Even if body dey scratch you sit down there amd just READ! kiss hope I helped

1 Like

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by liveyourlife: 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
For #1000 for 3 months, I will get
Someone online on to teach you "Anything" in Topics you not are gifted in
. and even help you do your Assignment.

Kindly Click Me!!.
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by AgreatMan: 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
1st thing, u need to put urself under some form of 'pressure'. like a pressure to finish with a 2:1 cos d job market demand is extremely harsh. pressure to do well so u can improve the d condition of ur below average family, am not saying ur family is below ave. pressure to do well so dat ur rich dad will cede dat xompany to u. pressure to perform because u come frm a polygamous home n ur mom's children must nt perform below dat of d other kids. pressure to live a good life n buy that Ferrari, n if sm1 tells u d car is not good 4 9ja roads, u tell them to shut up cos it's ur money.

what am saying is, there must be a reason y u want to come out better, u need to establish dat reason, n more importantly, always let that reason be at d back of ur mind especially when u r pinging or playing soccer or pursuing dat chic. wat am driving at, is that if u know what u want 4 urself, no matter what distraction u engage in, u wull still find ur way back 2 ur books.

from here, u can establish a reading pattern. some pple lk to read overnight, I can't do that cos I won't fool myself, I will simply sleep all thru d night, wake up by 6:30 n read 4 an hour. some people lk reading in d library but I hate d smell of those library books. some can read 4hrs at a stretch but as an undergraduate, I won't go more than 1.5hrs. also, understand d courses, something lk chemistry involves knowing sm definitions or formulas offhand i.e more brainwork but something lk maths involves repetition, solving over n over but d catch is, maths doesn't need ur 100% attention, it only needs u to keep coming back.

in summary, establish a reason y u want to improve n let it always be at the back of ur mind cos reading is based on ur mind set. next u simply look for a reading pattern that sooths u n only u.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by SkinnyDude(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
AgreatMan:
1st thing, u need to put urself under some form of 'pressure'. like a pressure to finish with a 2:1 cos d job market demand is extremely harsh. pressure to do well so u can improve the d condition of ur below average family, am not saying ur family is below ave. pressure to do well so dat ur rich dad will cede dat xompany to u. pressure to perform because u come frm a polygamous home n ur mom's children must nt perform below dat of d other kids. pressure to live a good life n buy that Ferrari, n if sm1 tells u d car is not good 4 9ja roads, u tell them to shut up cos it's ur money.

what am saying is, there must be a reason y u want to come out better, u need to establish dat reason, n more importantly, always let that reason be at d back of ur mind when u r pinging or playing soccer or pursuing dat chic. am coming..
thanks.
patiently waiting
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by Olarewajub: 4:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
KillerBeauty:
My advice. Get a good study environment preferably a library. Keep your phones at home, sit down upright. Make sure you have had enough sleep before coming to the library. Don't get a reading partner . Chew gum to keep you active. Then get a paper and a pen to jot down points from the book you are reading it enables you move your eyes from the pages, thereby preventing you from been bored easily.
Why?
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by KillerBeauty(f): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
Why?
Because you might end up gisting your time away with the person instead of reading
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by Olarewajub: 7:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
KillerBeauty:

Because you might end up gisting your time away with the person instead of reading
What about delicating a special time for group discussion.
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by KillerBeauty(f): 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2015
Olarewajub:
What about delicating a special time for group discussion.
That's okay. But the op need advice on the zeal to sit down and read. Group discussion follows after each party have done their homework and have studied the material at hand.
Re: How Do I Develop Hunger For Reading? by DONOCHAS(m): 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
Starve urself

(1) (Reply)

Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: / Amazing Structures In Massachusetts Institutes Of Technology (MIT) / EDO STATE 2015/16 School Of Nursing And Midwifery Form Is On Sale Now, For More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.