Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,181 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl (1484 Views)

My hubby want me to break my sim / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl by LUDALOOLO(m): 9:53pm On Jan 18, 2009
Please dear fellow NDer My name is Michael am from Ondo state. I have been having this problem of late, my mother said i cant marry my girlfriend simple because she is from ijebu. What annoy me most was that my mother called the girl and told her i cant marry her. Poeple please help me ooo, i dont know what to do.
Re: My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl by farotika(m): 10:28am On Jan 19, 2009
@poster,

Its true that indigene of Ondo state hardly get married to Ijebu's indigene. This is b/cos they believe once married, Ijebu women would turn their sons against them and take the control of the house from the man. Many have a lot of examples to back up their claims. Notwithstanding, I believe the decision lies with the intending couples and not the parents. If you truly love ur fiancé and believe both of you can leave in peace and harmony for the rest of ur life; why not go ahead and convince ur parents prayerfully.

I'm from Ondo state and my wife is from Ijebu-Ode. Although my dad was not happy with the whole idea but he latter gave in and today we are all happy.

I personally believe the success and/or otherwise of a marriage depend on individual value rather than his or her geographical location.
Re: My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl by Moyola(f): 11:34am On Jan 19, 2009
farotika:

@poster,

Its true that indigene of Ondo state hardly get married to Ijebu's indigene. This is b/cos they believe once married, Ijebu women would turn their sons against them and take the control of the house from the man.

lol. . . really?!

farotika:

I personally believe the success and/or otherwise of a marriage depend on individual value rather than his or her geographical location.

True talk!
Re: My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl by MrCrackles(m): 11:38am On Jan 19, 2009
POSTER
If you cant make decisions about what is best for you or what your heart wants, how are you going to cope as a married man
? undecided
Re: My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl by kokorunna(m): 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2009
I fully agree with you MrCrackles, his your mother going to choose the wife you are going to marry. cool
Re: My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl by SeanT21(f): 10:28pm On Jan 20, 2009
Your mother do not control you.

You are a MAN,ACT LIKE ONE!
Re: My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl by Godalone(m): 8:39am On Jan 21, 2009
Act like a man,you don't need anybody to control your life.
Re: My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl by omooloye1(f): 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2009
Seriously, what do other Yorubas have against Ijebus? This story is very common

(1) (Reply)

Brother And Sister / Hints On What To Look Out For In A Relationship / Husband Breaks Down Testifying Against Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.